Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Why not just toss it in the chest? Easier that way init.

Nim

It took me a couple of hours but I made it there! Now the thought of doing anything makes me get kinda dizzy so I'll leave digging out a house plot for later

I'd like to have the Willow Cove boundaries extended to cover my house (up on the hill beyond Kefirz' ungodly farm with its horrible cliff+hedge trap). I've got some silver kicking about I think... let's talk

Network Hub
    have a quick count of how many tiles it will be, and then can work out how much it will cost.

Looks like extending the perimeter 9 tiles North would encompass my house; I think that's about 13 tiles of extension of the village itself. The east-west extent covers more than my plot already

Obscure Node
    I counted the costs and a "one tile upgrade" (two tiles in real Wurm) costs 0,76s.

I know also that I'm a maniac that plays Wurm for at least for hours everyday, but I can't do all of the necessary stuff all by myself (farming, expanding, gathering materials, cooking, upgrading, making, improving, building, gathering and tending animals). So I urge to visit the game more often :)
    Last edited by Drakkir; 13-01-2013 at 03:38 PM.

I've been having some trouble getting my client to not crash, so I have been and may continue to be a bit absent until I've sorted that out. Not that anyone missed me. Sniff.

I can't remember the exact figure but I think the cost of spreading the village out to cover my house is in the region of "nauseatingly expensive". Having to extend the settlement symmetrically rather than just in one direction doesn't help.

I've got 12 silver sitting about though

Obscure Node
    The cost would be about 5.32 silver.

I do miss all of ya :D

Network Hub
    I am working nights so won't be around this week.

That Kill guys wants to know why we put a door on the mine. Apparently he thought it was for public use or some such.

Nim

Network Hub
    Hey all,
    I've missed the release but I still wanna start playing this. At what times are you usually playing and are you using Mumble ?
    I also need some directions on where to go to find your village.

Network Hub
    Apparently someone took some stuff out of it so the door went on.

http://noizeviolation.com/wurm/hires.png

We are in square 29R on that map (Why no letters first? :()

Network Hub
    Finally I MADE IT !
    Took me about 6 deaths and 4 hours to get there but I did it.
    My question is where can I build so I don't get in someone else's way ? I'd like to build by the water cause, you know, I'm a Pirate :P

BTW Latitude goes first so it should be letters first here, right ?

Congrats, Pirate. I thought my trip over was bad enough, and I didn't even die (just ended up sailing around 2/3rds of the island while my food, nutrition and will to live values slowly dwindled).

I don't think there's much waterside space on the deed left. You can build outside it, but it won't have the protections of the village, and you'll be doomed to an eternity of repairing walls and badgering Bodge to make the settlement bigger

Network Hub
    Well, I think I can deal with that. Knowing my luck it's gonna bite me in the ass later but screw it. I'm gonna build a bit to the north outside the village.
    I heard you guys have a mine ? I didn't see any and I could use some iron.

The mine's quite a long way down the coast. I can't remember the compass direction, but if you stand at the lighthouse and look towards Bodge's place, it's that direction.

Network Hub
    I think I found it but can't get in. Guess I need to be a citizen ?

It also seems that I picked a site too close. I can dig, flatten and everything but I can't plan my house there.
    Last edited by Pirate; 21-01-2013 at 02:12 PM.

Network Hub
    I met Bodge today and he supposedly added me, but I still can't build a house. What's up with that ?

EDIT: Ok. Fixed.
    Last edited by Pirate; 23-01-2013 at 11:07 PM.

Network Hub
    If people are on premium and haven't referred anyone if you send it my way I can put it towards upkeep cost.

(type /refer then bodgemonkey)