Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    hello, total new guy here. Read the thread and this game seems rather interesting. So just made an account and probably going to spend the next few days trying to get to the town. Hope I get there soon to be honest, don't want to spend weeks trying and dying..

EDIT: seems I made it already :O Don't ask me how, or why (actually planned how I wanted to get there, and it seemed to work just fine). So yea, I guess I'll hang around and wait for someone to come online. IGN is Maenion btw..
    Last edited by Mallobaude; 13-02-2013 at 12:07 AM.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Damm it. As soon as I read that Frosty has made it to the village I had a feeling he's gonna take the spot that I wanted.
    Should have at least fenced it off. Well, I'm gonna have to find a new site for a house.
    P.S. I'm mad only at myself for not marking it at least.
    Now there's trouble in river city.. hahaha.
    I actually went all the way up there because I thought you wanted waterfront locale.

Network Hub
    Yeah, at first I did but I realized that it would be a pain to squeeze a house this big there. I build this shack there cause my carp wasn't good enough for what I planned on building. Doesn't matter that much. I think it's gonna take me a while to finish the shack anyway. I'll get around to building the house later. I was planning on helping with the tower and the cog before starting it anyway.

Obscure Node
    Hmm... we could always do an excavating project and add more room! I have a pretty high dig skill after moving 500000000 dirts about to make a flat area on that hill, lol.

Network Hub
    Could make a dredge to gather dirt from the bay too

Network Hub
    Don't worry about it too much. It's gonna take me ages to get to building a house. I was unaware of a lot of things when I started playing.

Network Hub
    The cooked meat seems to have reformed as an organism and walked off somewhere.

Obscure Node
    And came back transmuting into 2 silver.

Obscure Node
    I managed to wonder through a vast desert full of incredible baddies after heading due south from Eastern Gateway Harbor. I am still lost. Am I near the village?

Network Hub
    Hate to break it to you but it sounds like you're on the wrong server (we're on Release). Never heard of Eastern Gateway Harbor so even if you're on the right one I can't give you much directions.
    Here's a map though: http://noizeviolation.com/wurm/hires.png
    We're on square R29.

Obscure Node
    I am indeed. I'm not sure why but I saw Pristine and went for it. I'll make my way on release and find you guys. Hopefully.

Obscure Node
    Bodge. Get in :O

Network Hub
    The deed is now large! Harlander your place isn't quite inside but we can expand it to cover if we can get hold of the writ for the steps

Sounds good to me (especially since I just spent the worst part of three days repairing all the walls and floors). I'll hand it over when I next see you.

How're you doing for the huge pile of coin needed to expand the deed that far?

Network Hub
    Well I paid for it at about 30s or something, either people can pay me a donation or put it in the village coffers so we have upkeep covered (about 4s a month now)

Obscure Node
    ITS SNOWING!!!!!

Seasons. Are. Nifty. Why doesn't every game have them.

I gave a donation to Drakkir, so presuming he hasn't embezzled it that ought to help out a touch.

Obscure Node
    You donated for the expansion over your deed ;D

Obscure Node
    Ok. I'm starting to build a warehouse so we can start sorting things and not use Bodge's house for this.
    The plan is up.

Here is the image
    Warehouse.jpg

The plan is to manage the rooms with storage items and maybe make a room for smelting/cooking.

The roof would be the same as cobblestone floor (21 paving skill one) as not to hinder Bodge's view :D

Give me opinions about it.

The estimated materials are:
    304x plank (outer walls)
    260x plank, 13x l.nails (inner walls)
    300x brick, 300x mortar (floor, floor/roof)
    Trash heap [10x plank, 2x s.nails, 1x ribbon]
    FSB's [25x plank, 4x l.nails 1x ribbon per FSB]
    BSB's [25x plank, 4x l.nails 1x ribbon per BSB]
    Large Barrel [4x plank, 2x ribbon per L.Barrel]

Network Hub
    Looks good, I think we should try to get a few hands on this, the tower and the cog soon when people have finished with their houses.