Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Network Hub
    Been without net, might be able to pop on sporadically till it gets sorted.

Obscure Node
    Well I can certainly say, that the village has died. It's only me who logs on, maintain things, cook food and tend the farm.

Network Hub
    I now have internet, the cog is not far from being finished. We may have to scale back production slightly or stockpile it for sale somewhere. Could do with more peoples definitely.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    This one has grinding and a monthly fee right? Damn shame, the ideas behind it are enthralling.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Obscure Node
    I don't know any MMO that doesn't involve grinding. Besides, ~8$ a month ain't that much.

I really just lost interest in this. I probably shouldn't have bought so much premium time upfront...

Network Hub
    Well i am the only one that I have seen on this for ages. I am still playing though so if anyone fancies joining me message me on steam or bodgemonkey on release.

A request on people that left and don't intend on returning. Could you login one last time and place the writs for your buildings in my retreat so i can use them, and make me the owner of any boats? Thanks.

Obscure Node
    Well. I stopped login after I haven't seen anyone for more than ages. I could return but only if more than 2 ppl will actually play.

Network Hub
    Well we have an alliance that includes most of the villages in the area now so there are a few of us chatting and helping each other out. I have also finished the cog, so large scale item movements can occur at good speed.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/bodge/s...scrollTop=1026

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    This one has grinding and a monthly fee right? Damn shame, the ideas behind it are enthralling.
    I had a complete addiction to this one for four years solid m8; it's not just grindy, it is an all-consuming timesink of a thing. It's fantastic starting out, especially with a small group of friends (or at least it was, it's kind of busier now and I think that detracts from the wilderness aspect). Mind you, by the end of it I sold my 30 deeds or so + characters for almost 1800 lol. So you can reclaim your time investment somewhat.
    Steam: Darkmalice (the evil smiley one)
    Planetside 2 (TR): IronShroud
    Life is Fedual server: Life is Pain [Dedicated]

Network Hub
    Just thought i would give a bit of an update seeing as Wurm has just had a large update too. We have a really active alliance going around the area of willow cove. We have an active priest if you want to get converted, loads of opportunities to help each other out and just to have a general chat. The cog is running so bulk movement is a go and kefirz is reshaping the moss for other uses, the village walls are going up slowly too. Oh and we are on the map now:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...leaseatram.png

There are a couple of us in the village at the moment if you want to come and join us hit me up on steam or bodgemonkey in game. I have pinged a few PMs with regards to writs and such.

I was actually thinking about coming back, although I'll be playing a little more relaxed

Network Hub
    Cool, I think waffley currently has the writ to the lighthouse either ask him for the writ or get him to add you

btw, do we still have a Mumble channel? I can't seem to find it and I have a microphone now

Network Hub
    We have been using the TS described here: http://www.folkarps.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=92

I am bumping this beacuse of recent news:
    On Tuesday we're releasing the biggest server instance we've ever hosted, which is also one of the biggest online shards ever released in itself.
    The countdown has begun!

With the release set for June 3rd (at around 18.00 CEST) the new PvE Island Xanadu is slowly emerging from the murky depths of the Wurm seas.
    It is a massive and beautiful thing to behold with its 1024 square kilometers of wild, untouched and fully terraformable land.

A new land to be shaped.
    A new society to be built.
    And as always, the tools to do it all is in your hands.

Xanadu is launched with some new interesting features like a new more intuitive and optional tutorial area.

In case you've tried Wurm before and failed to get into the game, note that all new players will receive two new starter items in order to make it easier to get around and survive:
    The Tent

Allows you to safely store items and 1 animal which you can hitch to the tent.
    When dropped it acts as your personal container and spawn point if you would happen to die. The free starter tent is unlootable by others on the PVE servers but has a limited life span in the wild before it decays.
    You can pick it up and relocate whenever you find a more desirable location.
    The Deed Stake

The deed stake will let you claim your very own piece of land without the need of going premium or buying a settlement form. All you need is some silver in your bank for buying the tiles you want which by the way recently was halved in price!
    So make sure to join in the biggest Land Rush Event since settling the American continent, or for that matter MMO history.
    Claim your slice of paradise, make your mark and lay the grounds for all players to come.
    Because in Wurm, your ambition and imagination is your only limitation!

Since last time this thread was active, we have gotten a brand new crafting meny, updatet animations for mobs, new textures for mobs, multistore buildings, several new items ect ect.
    And soon we will be getting bridges, new ship models.

If you want to give this another go, its time!

Network Hub
    Willow Cove is still here, just lil ol me but we have some nice neighbours and an active alliance with peoples to talk to! Ping me on steam as Bodge or in game as Bodgemonkey if you want to find it.
    www.folkarps.com - The resident Arma community. Admin.
    BF4 Platoon admin
    Steam: Bodge
    Battlelog/Skype: Bodgemonkey

Secondary Hivemind Nexus BasicPauly's Avatar
    So people still play wurm? Are you guys on one of the free servers?
    Steam: basicpaul | Origin: BasicPaul

Network Hub
    I still play it but am the only one in the village. We have a very active alliance though and I spend much of my time on their Teamspeak and we have organised a bunch of unique fights (dragons and the like) recently. So it might not be specifically with any RPSers but there is definitely people to play with.

As for free servers, we are based on "release" in the freedom isles. You don't have to pay to get on it and they recently linked all the freedom servers together so you can sail between them all. The paying bit comes in if you get your skills to 20 and want to keep improving them (you will have a good idea if you want to pay by the time you get to 20) If you are careful you can earn money ingame so you don't have to spend real money to go premium.
    www.folkarps.com - The resident Arma community. Admin.
    BF4 Platoon admin
    Steam: Bodge
    Battlelog/Skype: Bodgemonkey