Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Network Hub
    Was that the science fiction drama film? Maybe, I'm talking about the other "Moon". : )
    Back to the thread... My Final Fantasy VII is about to end. Hopefully, before the month ends I'll be able to finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    What did you think to it?

If it wasn't so woefully under budget it would have been a brilliant game I think.
    Well, there are certain parts of it that were quite cool. The jetpack is definitely a cool addition. Reminds me a lot of the Tribes series, except that you could only fly for a really short distance in Section 8: Prejudice, and there was no skiing. As for the plot, it seems like they wanted to tell an "epic" story, but only had 8 levels. It felt like they tried to ram in a few pieces of backstory but it didn't quite have any lasting effect. And about the megaweapon that the villain wanted to use... A biological weapon, stored in about 10 barrels? Which take about 30 seconds to blow up. And when you blow it up, you can see the biological agent disperse into the air... Yeah, nice going... ;) You didn't really get a sense of dread...

Anyway, next up: Warhammer 40k: Space Marine!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Finished Rochard, not sure what to play now.
    Impressions: the mechanics work and the game is kinda enjoyable, but it feels like puzzle, action and platforming don't mix too well, at least not in this game.
    The story is horrible beyond belief, though, a haphazardous collection of half-cooked cliches explained through a dialogue that made my eyes roll as if they were a roulette.

Network Hub
    I love the idea of this meta-game for December, but I'm only competitive because I've got 15+ games in mid-playthrough ;)

Finished so far in December:
    Hard Reset + the fantastic Exile DLC
    Lego Batman 2

Still in progress:
    Trine
    Legend of Grimrock
    Plants vs Zombies GOTY
    1000 Amps
    English Country Tune
    Sonic Generations

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Moraven View Post
    Tempted to get a 30ft hdmi cable and try Steam Big Picture. Assuming my video card will do sound over hdmi. (Imagine it does but never tried it.)
    I picked up a long HDMI cable and am really enjoying playing some games in the living room over Big Picture, although I am in the rare group that can enjoy shooters with a controller because I used to be a console gamer and have not migrated fully over to the keyboard-and-mouse brigade. A word of warning though - not every game fully implements controller-only support. One example being Borderlands 2. Every time I boot it up, the initial game screen will show a mouse cursor even if you have a controller connected and start using it (whereas many other games automatically clear the cursor when the controller is used). That doesn't work with B2 initially, so you have to move the mouse cursor off-screen manually. After that, you're good to go.

Not sure what other games have this kind of thing still happening, but I'm just saying not to expect to be able to open Big Picture, sit on the couch, and then never have to get up again to go to the PC and make an adjustment in-game. It's not perfect yet (but it's still really good).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    This is the very opposite of how I play games (but to each their own!). Personally, I'm planning to finish up New Vegas (200 hours in, so damn close...), play a lot of Borderlands 2 co-op, and hopefully get in some serious CK2. If those were the only games I played over my "holiday" I'd be very, very happy.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Finished Machinarium on my Nexus 7. Good puzzle point and click adventure. Haven't played one in a long while. Even the missus got into and finished it before me.

Bluetooth is a little flaky on my PS3 controller, but I had started Bastion, playing in small sprints. Or try to finish or fail my Classic Ironman Xcom game.

Warhammer 40k: Space Marine done!
    There are some really cool parts to this game, and also some really horrifying gameplay. Gettting swarmed by enemies and killed, only to start over at a checkpoint and having to run all the way back to the place that killed you, probably only to die again. Ugh. I can really see why this game got the reaction "Meh..." by pretty much everyone...

I've finished Dishonored this month and about to go a for a pacifist run. Might finish XCOM without Ironman this time and probably Dark Souls and Sleeping Dogs.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

NIPPON DOMINATION-log or new playthrough of Shogun 2 in which I may fail miserably and restart several times-log

Finished Torchlight 2. Played a lot of Chivalry (which can't be finished) and some of the Orcs Must Die 2 DLC I bought during the sales.

Batman: Arkham City and Dishonored are on top of my to-play-list now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    I got back into DoW2R 1v1 multi. Looks like I lost most of my "skill"( if I ever had any).

Losing a bit more often that I want. Winning more but mostly against newbs.
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 15-12-2012 at 01:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    What did you think to it?

If it wasn't so woefully under budget it would have been a brilliant game I think.
    I liked the multiplayer a lot. Too bad no one plays it. The story was mediocre but enjoyable.

Almost finished Far Cry 3!

Started up Borderlands. But I don't think I have any chance of finishing it this month...