Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Network Hub
    A dream come true or an answered prayer? :) A very good news, indeed. Well, obviously everyone is excited.

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesday View Post
    You can be brutal, dark and silly all at once. In fact I'd say that's Warhammer's thing.

I've had this argument with those who are players of GW stuff before. To an outsider, it all looks very silly.
    To be fair anything can look silly if you look at it as a complete outsider. I find there is nothing silly about Warhammer fantasy anymore. Which is all for the better for me.

To me these news are so of the greatest I have heard in a long time. I am a huge Warhammer nut, especially fantasy. Read several novels, just got Defenders of Ulthuan and Sons of Ellyrion in the mail in fact. I can't think of a much better fit than Creative Assembly for the Warhammer license.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Conversely, I would shudder to think of how dour Warhammer would be if you took it seriously.

Mainly because it's near-impossible to take seriously.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXand View Post
    Did you use the Rage of Dark Gods edition? Seems to be the most comprehensive version that squashes most bugs.
    Yep, it does seem to be the least buggy version, however that doesn't stop all the crash bugs. Most of the crashes are between turns, so I just load up the autosave again. It's the post-battle crashes that really piss me off, some are avoidable through avoiding use of reinforcements in sieges, some are those bloody graphics-related crashes that happen randomly, like the one that ruined my evening yesterday, crashing just after my Slaaneshi horde took the Citadel of Decay.

On another note, I really wish there was a little bit of balance between factional starting positions. Slaanesh starts out with a nice corner position, powerful starter units, no major bordering powers and regions that defect to your side. Nurgle on the other hand, starts bordering Tzeentch on one side and Elves coming from the sea, multiple stacks of each only a few turns in. Might have do some editing on the descr_strat file to fair things up a bit. Some of the Imperial factions start off a bit destitute too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    How has nobody mentioned Shadow of the Horned Rat yet?!?!?!?!

Though I have this odd feeling that if GW get involved in licensing then you'll probably have to pay a fortune for DLC or stats tweeks every year or two.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Well, until Sega stops dicking arround in youtube, this is not good news.
    Full story:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQdFcf9SE5s
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkFenix View Post
    Yep, it does seem to be the least buggy version, however that doesn't stop all the crash bugs. Most of the crashes are between turns, so I just load up the autosave again. It's the post-battle crashes that really piss me off, some are avoidable through avoiding use of reinforcements in sieges, some are those bloody graphics-related crashes that happen randomly, like the one that ruined my evening yesterday, crashing just after my Slaaneshi horde took the Citadel of Decay.

On another note, I really wish there was a little bit of balance between factional starting positions. Slaanesh starts out with a nice corner position, powerful starter units, no major bordering powers and regions that defect to your side. Nurgle on the other hand, starts bordering Tzeentch on one side and Elves coming from the sea, multiple stacks of each only a few turns in. Might have do some editing on the descr_strat file to fair things up a bit. Some of the Imperial factions start off a bit destitute too.
    There were a few patches that you're supposed to install after the main installation you might have missed. I forgot to install them at first. You can tell if the patches are installed or not from a few glitches without them; for example there are multiple steam tanks in a unit, the goblin doom diver crashes the game when you fire it, and the same with the Chaos dwarf cannon thingy.

There's still a few bugs I've noticed though, but I haven't started a campaign with this version yet. It bugs me that the Savage Orc Boyz have an invisible right shoulder though.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by TheXand View Post
    There were a few patches that you're supposed to install after the main installation you might have missed. I forgot to install them at first. You can tell if the patches are installed or not from a few glitches without them; for example there are multiple steam tanks in a unit, the goblin doom diver crashes the game when you fire it, and the same with the Chaos dwarf cannon thingy.

There's still a few bugs I've noticed though, but I haven't started a campaign with this version yet. It bugs me that the Savage Orc Boyz have an invisible right shoulder though.
    I got the patches, followed all the instructions. It's just occasional crash bugs after the end of battles that get me down. That crash earlier borked my Slaanesh save game, which is a bugger. Decided to dorf it up instead, holy shit Miners are OP. Had one unit standing behind a Warrior unit blocking a gate during a two stack Goblin assault; they racked up about 3000 kills in that one battle (at the cost of about 90 warriors, probably mostly due to friendly fire, thank God for awesome dwarf morale), each of my two mortar units managing another thousand apiece. Difficult hanging onto so many territories though, especially when the Orcs start attacking those nice 'safe' rearward cities.