Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 97 of 97
  1. #81
    Obscure Node Dwarden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Czech Republic, EU
    Posts
    16
    http://pioneerspacesim.net/

    game inspired a lot by Frontier serie of games from D. Braben

    fully opensource, features only SinglePlayer mode (due way of gameplay) and procedural worlds ...

  2. #82
    Lesser Hivemind Node Velko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    925
    Where the hell does one find Space Rangers 2: Reboot? It's not on GOG, not on Gamersgate, not on Steam...

  3. #83
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jnx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    Where the hell does one find Space Rangers 2: Reboot? It's not on GOG, not on Gamersgate, not on Steam...
    I'm fairly sure that it used to be available pretty much everywhere. Recent removal for some reason?
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

  4. #84
    Good grief, just checked GOG and it isn't for sale anymore. I don't want to check my library from work but can someone who has bought it from GOG check their library to see if it is still there?
    Last edited by BobsLawnService; 07-12-2012 at 10:23 AM.

  5. #85
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,333
    Wow, that is weird. Maybe the devs got the license again or whatever? I vaguely recall an RPS article on another pseudo-sequel expansion being made because licensing won't allow a sequel?


    And I can confirm I still have SR2: Reboot in my GoG account. Also: Since when was the GoG one reboot? I remember being disappointed that it was SR2, but still buying to support GoG and the game.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

  6. #86
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sparkasaurusmex's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,412
    What is the difference between SR2 and Reboot?
    I have the disc for the original SR2, but I have always been reluctant to reinstall it because of archaic DRM on there. Or it's not even DRM (I don't think the acronym had been coined yet?) but a disc check with a root kit or something.

  7. #87
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,333
    SR2 reboot is the gold version. There was an expansion (also starts with an R) that was never released in English. Instead, we got Reboot which is Core + Expansion.

    Basically, you get more everything. More parts, more text adventures. I think more RTS maps. Etc.

    And I think SR2 used Starforce? I have the discs somewhere but I always just ended up getting a cracked version off the internet rather than use the discs.

    And someone might want to check Impulse (I would, but I hate Gamestop). I know when Reboot first came out, Impulse was the first place that actually had it available for sale (at least, in the US).
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

  8. #88
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jnx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,205
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    And someone might want to check Impulse (I would, but I hate Gamestop). I know when Reboot first came out, Impulse was the first place that actually had it available for sale (at least, in the US).
    Already did. Not there either.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

  9. #89
    Activated Node qizarate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by gundato View Post
    Wow, that is weird. Maybe the devs got the license again or whatever? I vaguely recall an RPS article on another pseudo-sequel expansion being made because licensing won't allow a sequel?


    And I can confirm I still have SR2: Reboot in my GoG account. Also: Since when was the GoG one reboot? I remember being disappointed that it was SR2, but still buying to support GoG and the game.
    Yeah, apparently it was removed in September. I imagine it's got something to do with the fact that 1C are publishing a Space Rangers 2 Re-re-make in Q1 2013, the website of which can be found here: http://spacerangershd.com/
    Still, making the original unavailable is definitely bad form. It's reminiscent of Doom 3 being removed from steam prior to the release of the BFG edition (although they did later rescind that).

  10. #90
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus jnx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,205
    Well I'm willing to buy this game again if it comes without Starforce and supports higher resolutions and generally works.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

  11. #91
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus gundato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    5,333
    Well, this is one reason to buy games new-ish on GoG. At least, if they are the older-ish games. This isn't the first time that a game has been pulled due to licensing/dicky publishers.


    Although, this might be good in the long run. If the new re-release gets sold on GoG, there is a fairly good chance GoG will just upgrade us for free (or at least provide a discount). There is precedent for it (which might be how I got a copy of Reboot on GoG to begin with :p), and while GoG is HORRIBLE with PR they are wonderful at Customer Service.
    Steam: Gundato
    PSN: Gundato
    If you want me on either service, I suggest PMing me here first to let me know who you are.

  12. #92
    Lesser Hivemind Node Velko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    925
    Quote Originally Posted by qizarate View Post
    Yeah, apparently it was removed in September. I imagine it's got something to do with the fact that 1C are publishing a Space Rangers 2 Re-re-make in Q1 2013, the website of which can be found here: http://spacerangershd.com/
    Still, making the original unavailable is definitely bad form. It's reminiscent of Doom 3 being removed from steam prior to the release of the BFG edition (although they did later rescind that).
    Damn. Not a good show, not at all.

  13. #93
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,129
    It's still showing on my gamersgate account. Link is http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-SR2R/...ngers-2-reboot , however it might be restricted to people who've already bought it.

    It may well come back - Hostile Waters was taken off gog ages ago, and someone in the comments alerted me that it came back in recent months (people who'd bought it could download it, but it was no longer sold).

  14. #94
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Terra Australis Incognita
    Posts
    4,517
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    It may well come back - Hostile Waters was taken off gog ages ago, and someone in the comments alerted me that it came back in recent months (people who'd bought it could download it, but it was no longer sold).
    It's back on GoG, which is awesome, because it's an awesome game. I'd suspect that SR2: Reboot will come back eventually, but it looks like the publishers are pulling a dick move about it.

  15. #95
    Lesser Hivemind Node Velko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    925
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    It's still showing on my gamersgate account. Link is http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-SR2R/...ngers-2-reboot , however it might be restricted to people who've already bought it.
    Link works, but there is no BUY-button.

  16. #96

  17. #97
    I must have missed it, because there is no WAY no one mentioned Freelancer:Discovery. Online played version of the mod with server rules, very active forums, still being updated and plenty more on the way. A VERY large economic system with funtions for buying large cargo ships, actually flying your ships from system to system trading your goods. Buying ore off of mining players is one of the best ways to make cash. Watch out for pirates tho:P Its only truly active server( 225 player limit, which is really plenty believe it or not ) is an RP server only. if u cant roleplay and follow by the sometimes complicated mix of server and RP roles, you can get sanctioned by the admins. but it is a GREAT place to get invested in. u dont need to devote your life to it, but after getting started, and starting green can be quite difficult in terms of making money i can loan u cash and teach you how to make billions ) u will want to spend every waking minute on it, its addicting. You have have 5 characters on an account, unlimited accounts with FAM(freelancer account manager) play a wide range of roles. I have multiple accounts, 1 for a particular group of pirates(yes, there is cap ship fighting on top of snubs, bombers, gunboats) my mining corporation account, and a few others for misc stuff i like to use. joystick really isnt needed or wanted as there are controls and hotkeys to worry about. by far the best thing about it is its still supported and updated. you can start a group, get enough fame and follow the protocols and actually have your faction "incorporated" into the game in the next up date. several factions have their own star systems, ID's, and ships. its very community driven being a part of the community means you can potentially influence the game instelf.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •