Thread: Nugget

Network Hub

Nugget

This is a real gem and it's free ​(Windows). Or you can throw the creator $3 here and you'll also get a copy of NuggED, the game/level editor by the same developer Ryan Touk. Keyboard controls can be a little fiddly but it has controller support if you're so inclined. You'll get the gist from the trailer. The music by Kevin MacLeod is brilliant. I've always wanted to try a game that uses layers in this way. Can anyone recommend similar games?

Last edited by baby snot; 07-12-2012 at 08:07 AM.

Cool game, but it might benefit from ramping up the complexity a bit sooner. I know of another game that does this, but I can't remember the name. It involved a grandfather/boy duo, jetpacks, and pixel art.

Also, I swear I've heard the melody in the beginning of the trailer before. What else does Kevin MacLeod do?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    Cool game, but it might benefit from ramping up the complexity a bit sooner. I know of another game that does this, but I can't remember the name. It involved a grandfather/boy duo, jetpacks, and pixel art.

Also, I swear I've heard the melody in the beginning of the trailer before. What else does Kevin MacLeod do?
    Mutant Mudds? Also, DKCR is on the Wii, but it uses layers like this wonderfully, as does Paper Mario. But again, they're Wii games so it's not like you could get them on the pc...
    Last edited by Internet; 07-12-2012 at 02:35 PM.