Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar

[data] cert gain within the outfit

I would be interested your cert/hour gain to have a look what to expect. You may be able grab your data over at PSU:
    http://www.planetside-universe.com/characters.php
    (not all characters in database yet)

There you have your time played and your certs. The data that is available seems to be fairly accurate.

mine:
    http://www.planetside-universe.com/p...bbyisgoinghome

29,4 certs/hour

*edit*
    Out of curiosity I checked some of the leaderboard top players. Those rank up to ~ 100-110 certs/hour. But I suppose that's also due to xp boosts and membership bonus (as well es being good)
    Last edited by bonkers; 07-12-2012 at 04:23 PM.

That's broken for me unfortunately, only lists my character before I deleted it and started again (same name).

as for certs/hour, I generall get about 40-60 certs/hour but this is improving as I learn more about the game. The best cert/hour I got was 46 certs in 22 minutes...shame I couldnt keep that up!

Obscure Node
    Looks like I'm getting around 30 per hour, not as bad as I expected.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/p...racter=Kalezin

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    24 Certs an hour.

Which is what I expected: For example, last night I got a grand total of 12 certs over the whole 3 hour night. PL takes up a fair amount of time otherwise spent killing things. Not to mention the times I log on just to go run about in a scythe for 20 minutes, or do a quick public gal drop from the WG or two. I spend a lot of time playing in a way that's not cert-gain efficient...

On a good run when I'm not messing about doing anything but capturing bases and killing things that are not purple, I can hit up to 80 certs an hour, usually about 50. But that'll be a burst for an hour or two over a longer evening. So 24 seems about right.

Edit: and that's with a 60% Membership + Alpha boost. Buggering hell I am utterly shit at this game...
    Last edited by Cooper; 07-12-2012 at 05:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Activated Node
    70 certs/hour, playing as an engineer almost full time gives you a lot of chances for repair and resupply... Oh, but I also use the 50% cert gain boost (7 days).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    DATABASE ERROR

I guess I broke things?

Edit: Ok, it's up now, but it's old - showing me as BR4, am now BR10 I think. About 30 certs/hour for the hour and a half it has logged.

Activated Node
    I'm getting around 46 certs an hour (this is including a 60% boost from membership and Alpha Squad).

The data seems out of date by several weeks though, I suspect that I'm much lower than that actually.
    Last edited by BarneyL; 07-12-2012 at 05:51 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    I've only played 5 hours according to this, which is probably just the two days after launch.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus RIDEBIRD's Avatar
    I don't exist

Is there a cert boost? Never saw one in the store, just XP and resources.

Network Hub
    I don't exist either. You get certs based on XP, so any XP boost is also a cert boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotekian View Post
    I don't exist either. You get certs based on XP, so any XP boost is also a cert boost.
    About 18 certs an hour, with 10% boost

While the conclusion here may be that I suck, I think it mostly has to do with the fact that I spend a LOT of time in Scythes, and the cert gain from dogfighting just isn't very good; I'm definitely a better than average pilot but killing an enemy fighter takes way, way longer than killing an infantry, and you only get double the EXP for it, and then have to land, repair and reload. Seems like a balance issue.

Activated Node
    21.8 certs/h with the 10% Alpha Squad boost. Yes, crappy player here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    About 18.8 here, it updated today, maybe it was because I logged in and played some again.

823 certs over 29 hours makes for 28 certs per hour. I have or have had no boosts equipped ever, your Honor.

I play as an engineer mostly. I drive my bus somewhere, deploy it, and then keep it and everything around me in repair and with ammo.

Around 28 certs an hour although it says I last logged in on the 26/11
    There was an excellent external Battlefield 2 database which gave you all kinds of stats. It'd be great if that's what this could turn in to.

Activated Node
    At least for me, that information is pretty inaccurate.

On the main Planetside 2 website, there's a link on the top banner to a "Players" page, currently marked "coming soon," which looks like it'll be a player database. It would certainly be nice if that was a good, robust thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkimer View Post
    At least for me, that information is pretty inaccurate.

On the main Planetside 2 website, there's a link on the top banner to a "Players" page, currently marked "coming soon," which looks like it'll be a player database. It would certainly be nice if that was a good, robust thing.
    It will be; they covered this extensively pre-release as they though they'd have it for launch. Basically there will be a website with all the stuff you can do in-game sort of shooting (viewing the map, outfit management, etc.) as well as tons of player stats. There will also be an iOS app to go with it for THOSE people.

Activated Node
    No Android app? nrgh.

A lot of interesting data in in that link. I'm at 21.38 per hour with no boosts. I can't kill anyone but I can repair the shit out of you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar
    I too seem to get around 28 certs/h. Not playing in a very cph-efficient way, but I'm having fun and feeling some progress, so it's not too bad. It's dangerous to start putting quantifiable numbers up as a meaure of the quality of your gameplay, when having fun should be the ultimate goal. Fun is hard to measure.