Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar

Nintendo Handheld Devices *!

Are all their games aimed at children ? I'm playing some GBA and jesus,every damn game is so easy,childish and cartoony.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    This post is a bit silly, isn't it? By being made for a handheld that's light on graphical power, most games are going to be "Cartoony" by design. Not that I know what your definition of cartoony is. I know there are millions of gamers who think any title that uses colors other than brown or gray is "Faggy" or childish. As for the difficulty, there aren't many difficult games being made for ANY platform. When was the last time you played a game that was so difficult you couldn't beat it? That was 3 out of every 5 games on the original NES. Anyhow, there are more mature games if you know where to look. GTA: Chinatown Wars was great, and extremely mature. Same with RE: Revalations (except maybe good, not great). Any Mario or Zelda game, although they might be too childish and cartoony. The first 3/4's of Okamiden were fantastic, although it is cell shaded, so it's totally gay. There's also Golden Sun, some great Castlevania games. I could go on and on. So in short, no, not all their games are aimed at children.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

I didn't write down but i'm playing GBA,and i tried really "the best games" on it and i don't know,they are ok but i expected more from best of best of GBA lol. Didn't played the newer DS games though.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Are all their games aimed at children ? I'm playing some GBA and jesus,every damn game is so easy,childish and cartoony.
    Jesus, really? Do people still argue this?
    First of all, childish =/= bad game. If you need a list of games that are both childish and amazing I could probably assemble a list of an upwards of 100 games.
    But even if you insist on not playing childish games: Golden sun, Fire Emblem (any of them), Metroid Fusion/Zero Mission, Final Fantasy Tactics, Advance Wars, Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow. That's off the top of my head, and restricting myself to only the GBA. A couple of them are colorful, but none of them are aimed at children. If you let me add DS games I could at least triple that list.

The best two games on the GBA are Chu Chu Rocket and Fire Pro Wrestling. The next best ones are a compilation of SEGA arcade games that has Outrun and Space Harrier (Outrun and Space Harrier, on the go!) on it and there's a Konami one that has a two player version of Yie Ar Kung-Fu on it.

You should just play all of those and be done with handheld gaming because it doesn't get any better than that.

Didn't said childish mean bad but i went pass that stage along time and i'm looking for more mature games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Advance Wars! Turn based strategy a la battle isle. Is amazing.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Didn't said childish mean bad but i went pass that stage along time and i'm looking for more mature games.
    Recommending mature games on the GBA would be easier if you told us what the term "mature" constitutes for you.

Okey then,suggest me some mature games for GBA.

Network Hub
    Okey then,suggest me some mature games for GBA.
    And by "mature", you mean...?

Quote Originally Posted by victory View Post
    And by "mature", you mean...?

Obviously allot of titties.

Dude, if you played Mother 3 on a GBA (or at least with a translated ROM on an emulator) that would be the most fun GBA game you will ever play before you cry bitch tears in the end.

You should get a DS instead, really. Chinatown Wars is really good if you opt for something more 'mature' in games on a Nintendo handheld
    Last edited by Voon; 09-12-2012 at 05:46 AM.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Advance Wars(the new one with various regional subtitles) (with fog of war on) offers the best 30 minutes of strategy gaming you can find anywhere.

You load an apc, deploy infantry in the forest near the coast, fire a flare into the distant plain and have you artillery pick off the recon jeep spotted with the flare. Move your bomber onto a carrier to refuel and rearm, submerge your damaged submarine and disengage from the enemy gun boat and send a fighter on a recon sweep for the battleship.

All in a 3 minute turn.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

There's a great Tactics Ogre title on the GBA.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I didn't get a GBA until i was well over 30, and I thought the GBA had a pretty awesome range of games. (and that's from someone who despises JRPGs).

The point is that they are mobile games, the're designed to be played in short bursts on the train and to be interrupted at will. the advance wars games are excellent, if you skip through the crappy anime cutscenes.
    If you want something more challenging then try F-zero or a fighting game or a side scroller or Orbital.

Don't expect them to be like a PC game though - different mediums.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Gradius Galaxies, Iridion II, Metroid Fusion/Zero Mission, all three Castlevania titles, Rebelstar: Tactical Command, Fire Emblem and the first two Advance Wars. I think there was a King of Fighters port that made the transition pretty well, but I've never played it.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Fire Emblem
    Ah yes, the two GBA Fire Emblem games are well worth a try, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post
    Ah yes, the two GBA Fire Emblem games are well worth a try, too.
    I think there's actually three of them. I only played the one since losing a character was so devastating.

Edit: Ah, there was a Japanese-only one.
    Last edited by sabrage; 09-12-2012 at 02:32 PM.

I have no intend to buy handheld devices,i'm using emulator for GBA on my nokia.. Otherwise i have been playing for 2 hours Ogre Tactics and its fun so far.

I have no intend to buy handheld devices,i'm using emulator for GBA on my nokia.. Otherwise i have been playing for 2 hours Ogre Tactics and its fun so far.
    2 down, 100 to go