Okay, so I watch the advertisement for valve's new Big Picture thingy. And it kind of speaks to people who play games on their PC, and want to play those games on a living room TV instead. So I got excited, naturally and also wondering how they pulled this off. I find out later, they didn't. They aren't talking to people who play games at their desks. They are talking to people who already DO play games in their living rooms with their PCs hooked up to the TV. And all Big Picture brings them, is an interface to browse games with their controller instead of having to get up and launch them with the mouse.
And if you are the person that playes games at their desk in their room, in order to use Big Picture in your living room, you would have to rip the rig out of the damn wall and carry it to the living room and plug all the cables in for a session. And for us that aren't 12 anymore a gamingsession usually lasts 2 hours tops, and then you would need to carry your PC back to the desk to do your homework or pay the bills or whatever. So the only solution is to have a PC just for your living room. Now why the hell would I rather buy a 900€ gaming PC and have it in my living room to play games on my tv, rather than buying a 300€ console?
What does this product do for a bedroom/study PC gamer? I just don't get it...