So...the new Ace Of Spades is out...

Yeah, it's out now on Steam. For $10. Got to admit, I'm a bit apprehensive about fronting money for a new version of a game that I can still play for free, especially given I know that I like the free version and I'm not all that sure about the new version.

But yeah, I'm a bit, well, terrified to try it out. It looks sped up dramatically...and they added drill guns...and rocket launchers...and it seems like the maps are smaller from the videos I've watched...and it's all forming to be one big "ugh" in my head.

Anyone tried it out yet? Does it stand up to the original AoS? Or is it something we should consider a whole new game?

If you like the free version so much why not reward the dev's by buying their next game?

$10 is nothing for something you enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbulb View Post
    If you like the free version so much why not reward the dev's by buying their next game?
    Two reasons:

1. From what I've heard, none of the original devs are involved. It's all Jagex now.

2. I don't know if I enjoy it. From what I've seen, it's a completely different game, the only similarities being guns and destructible voxel terrain.

Bah. Didn't know that. Wait for a steam sale and get it for $3 then.