Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 106
  1. #1
    Lesser Hivemind Node Bhazor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    734

    Dark Souls 2 coming to PC

    So that's nice.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ally-announced

    Its also good to see my prediction that Dark Souls PC was a just a beta test has been vindicated.

    Edit: Here is the trailer without the embarrasing Spike TV nonsense
    Last edited by Bhazor; 08-12-2012 at 11:53 AM.
    “People will kill you over time, and how they’ll kill you is with tiny, harmless phrases, like “be realistic”
    Dylan Moran

  2. #2
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    England and Nowhere
    Posts
    1,235
    Oh holy hell yes please.

  3. #3
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,199
    Cool trailer,what are the improvements sequel ??

  4. #4
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lagoon West, Vermilion Sands
    Posts
    4,322
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Cool trailer,what are the improvements sequel ??
    More death ;)
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

    Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

    Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

    Probable Replicant

    *blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

    He who controls the Doge controls the universe

  5. #5
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Unaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,899
    Hopefully the PC gets a decent port this time... Will wait and see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

  6. #6
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    936
    YESSSSSS! It goes immediately to first place of my most anticipated games list.

    BTW, it would be great if they would made full movie that looks like this trailer.

  7. #7
    Network Hub
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    191
    Another game to anticipate for...had a lack of one till now.

    Wonder if the difficulty will be stepped up or down. It would be better if they don't touch the difficulty curve at all, and just focus upon making a better port this time. And a higher variety of mobs.

  8. #8
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    868
    Here's a penis for your hopes.

    “We’ve always been about making games for the core gamer, and they weren’t necessarily games that did well financially, which is too bad,” added From Software’s executive producer Eiichi Nakajima.

    “The success of both Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls, which have each sold over a million [units] per title worldwide, has made us shift our thinking internally to not just core gamers, but to globalise our products, that they can be successful on a worldwide scale.


    http://www.gamesthirst.com/2012/04/0...ider-audience/

  9. #9
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus pakoito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Spainishtan
    Posts
    1,850
    So going for niche PC market is globalising your audience and not appealing to core players? Who would have thought.

  10. #10
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Unaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,899
    Quote Originally Posted by pakoito View Post
    So going for niche PC market is globalising your audience and not appealing to core players? Who would have thought.
    I don't think that's what he's saying. The 'globalising their product' comment isn't related (directly) to the PC announcement... that will be part of it, no doubt (more platforms = bigger potential audience). It's maybe more to do with the discussion in September about introducing an Easy mode, going from 'Difficult' to 'Satisfying', trying to lose the image that the game is hard, perhaps, and thus make it more appealing.

    But the globalising comment isn't connected to the PC announcement in any of the sources.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    I just have an opinion different to your own. Circle jerking is good for no one, be glad somebody isn't afraid to disagree with women on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    No, you are literally the cancer that is killing gaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Nobody's ever lost sleep over being called a cracker.

  11. #11
    Activated Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    44
    Well, at this point it is all speculation. It has been connected to anything yet.

    Nothing wrong with speculating of course, but be careful with making up your opinion before the facts are there. :)

  12. #12
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Voon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sultanate of Johore
    Posts
    1,953
    I'm still not done with the DLC but man, I've played DaS several times over and it's about time they give us something new. Looking forward to this
    Art blog here.

    Doodles poodles sheboodles

  13. #13
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lagoon West, Vermilion Sands
    Posts
    4,322
    I don't have a problem if they build in a modes aspect to the game. It's like XCOM, you've got normal for most ppls and classic and ironman for those who want more of a challenge. As long as the game play, game world and narrative are strong and live up to the high standards of DS then it's all good.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

    Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

    Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

    Probable Replicant

    *blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

    He who controls the Doge controls the universe

  14. #14
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    868
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    ...and narrative are strong and live up to the high standards of DS then it's all good.
    As we find out in issue 249, the answers to these questions are in the hands of game directors new to the Souls series, Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura, who have taken the reins from Hidetaka Miyazaki. Their descriptions of how they intend to mould Dark Souls II into a more approachable form seem reasonable. But Shibuya admits that their approach will be influenced by their individual characters. “I personally am the sort of person who likes to be more direct than subtle,” he tells us. “[Dark Souls II] will be more straightforward and more understandable.”

    http://www.edge-online.com/news/intr...s-ii-unveiled/

  15. #15
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Voon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sultanate of Johore
    Posts
    1,953
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    I don't have a problem if they build in a modes aspect to the game. It's like XCOM, you've got normal for most ppls and classic and ironman for those who want more of a challenge.
    Then again, the game's seems to be rather dependant on multiplayer though it has a feel of a singleplayer experience. I don't see how they would include difficulty change when it may cause some inconsistensies in difficulty while in online play. I might be wrong
    Last edited by Voon; 08-12-2012 at 03:12 PM.
    Art blog here.

    Doodles poodles sheboodles

  16. #16
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus duff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    I don't have a problem if they build in a modes aspect to the game. It's like XCOM, you've got normal for most ppls and classic and ironman for those who want more of a challenge.
    I think I do have a bit of a problem with it. It might seem odd, why should I care what experience other people are having when I can choose my own difficulty mode? I think the answer is in the multiplayer system. In Dark Souls it felt like all the players were in it together, like some kind of combined struggle against the game. It was really atmospheric to see all these signs on the ground: "I can't take this!", and you absolutely knew what they meant. Then the further into the game you got you knew that the signs and the people you would summon had been through the same journey as you, they were grizzled.

    In short I think the difficulty and the way the multiplayer works are integral to what made the game design so exceptional in Dark Souls. It made an experience unlike anything I've ever had in a game before. I just have a feeling that difficulty modes runs directly counter to that design.

  17. #17
    Lesser Hivemind Node Bhazor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    734
    Dark Souls sells over 2 million copies their response "We need to appeal to a wider audience"

    Ugh.
    “People will kill you over time, and how they’ll kill you is with tiny, harmless phrases, like “be realistic”
    Dylan Moran

  18. #18
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus duff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,170
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhazor View Post
    Dark Souls sells over 2 million copies their response "We need to appeal to a wider audience"

    Ugh.
    To be fair, thats the kind of general marketing spiel your going to find in the anouncement for every game ever.

  19. #19
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    That hellhole known as "Spain"
    Posts
    1,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Unaco View Post
    Hopefully the PC gets a decent port this time... Will wait and see.
    Durante has already stated in NeoGaf he'll be ready and waiting if fixing is necessary again. Praise the Durante, so The Game might be mended.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    [Dark Souls II] will be more straightforward and more understandable.”

    http://www.edge-online.com/news/intr...s-ii-unveiled/
    That's... ugh... please, no. One of the strengths of both Demon and Dark Souls is how the story isn't quite told, but you have to explore and search for it. Still, from what I've read around the webs, Miyazaki still remains behind the scenes as an advisor, so there's still hope.

  20. #20
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lagoon West, Vermilion Sands
    Posts
    4,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    - snip -
    I'll wait for the full article. I think it's a little pre-emptive to start getting into FUD.

    Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    I think I do have a bit of a problem with it. It might seem odd, why should I care what experience other people are having when I can choose my own difficulty mode? I think the answer is in the multiplayer system. In Dark Souls it felt like all the players were in it together, like some kind of combined struggle against the game. It was really atmospheric to see all these signs on the ground: "I can't take this!", and you absolutely knew what they meant. Then the further into the game you got you knew that the signs and the people you would summon had been through the same journey as you, they were grizzled.

    In short I think the difficulty and the way the multiplayer works are integral to what made the game design so exceptional in Dark Souls. It made an experience unlike anything I've ever had in a game before. I just have a feeling that difficulty modes runs directly counter to that design.
    I hear what you're saying. There's no reason why they can't operate a 2 tier system though. Also for the love of god I hope they use Steam and not GFWL.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

    Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

    Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

    Probable Replicant

    *blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

    He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •