Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Network Hub
    Hmmm I posted a big response the other day and it's disappeared into pre-moderation land for some reason.

Anyway thanks for the votes chaps but I'm also unable to get on before 8-9PM most days due to evil work stuff so probably not much use as a commander at peak times.

I'd say commanders are useful in places like EB where we often need someone with half a clue to try and attract the zergs into a useful force. The experienced players on our borderlands actively avoid using their tags unless they really need to get people to zerg up for a specific reason, although Dibinka did a good job of getting an attacking force together that way and he will be missed. We could definitely use more tags on enemy borderlands to try and draw people out there to take and hold stuff as we're far too defensive which ends up being self defeating.

I'm flat broke right now what with siege and repair bills fighting the evil AG zerg this week but will throw in what I can spare if we do buy someone a tag. We've got a lot of guild influence and spending it on holding some towers in enemy territory would be a good activity to focus on. Do we have many PVE players interested in doing some introductory sessions in WvW?

--
    Icepop (and friends)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Skalpadda's Avatar
    I can toss some money into the pot as well if we find someone who wants to take up the mantle of commander.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Yes, I'd also be happy to put in 10-15g.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I would certainly donate a few gold if ever I could save up that amount (I am awful).

Alright, do we've got someone willing to assume the role of the pack leader (we need a better name for that, bears - especially endless ones - probably don't hunt in packs)?

If yes, please post in here so we can get started with collecting teh moneyz. I suggest anybody that wants to contribute just puts his donation into the highest most bank tab she/he can access. As soon as we hit 100g, that money goes to whoever vows to become the HoH (Head of Horace) and lead the endless masses through the Borderlands.

Since Icepop has limited times of play and my work hours have stabilised, I'd be up for it Squirrel. I can dedicate to being on/around at least three days every week at the minimum. Most W3ers know my times of play and play alongside me anyway. I already contribute a fair amount of siege to the cause (golems hooooo!), organise JP runs etc.

Unless you'd be up for the position yourself Squirrel?

I'd also like to go through the details of how to work it out if accepted. I like playing on both Seigous and Duke, but they both have quite lengthy character names and a part of me thinks a commander character just called 'Krathor' would be easier for people to /join on - like what Uroo has done and I could level it as we collect gold.

Moreover, my current playstyle is, as you'll know, 'fuck where our current zerg is and go mess up other Borderlands' - often to great success. I like doing that, but if people disagree that this should be the style of a commander that could cause problems.

Whatever happens, I'll put in 10 gold for a commander tag for the guild. Bloody Hell - at this rate we can afford two commanders!

At the moment, I'd rather not pick up the banner myself to be honest, since I don't have that much of an idea of what to do in WvWvW besides helping out here and there and running in Ninja teams. Also I'm switching between character fairly often, so the tag would not be active a lot. Let's see what we can scrape together!

I totally agree with your playing style though, I think Gunnar's Hold can profit from a bit more aggressive expansion attempts. So go for it!

Edit: I have taken out the 20 ectos Bankrotas was so kind to donate - thanks again! - and put in an amount of money according to the current sell price at the Trading Post (30.4s each at time of writing). I'll sell those ectos to get the money back. If someone doesn't agree with this practice, please let me know, I'll put them back in that case. We are now at ~17g.
    Last edited by Squiz; 13-12-2012 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malfious View Post
    I haven't been playing much lately & I just cba with pve, but I have about 19g, i'll chip in with 10!

:Edit: could do with someone queueing up WvW upgrades whenevr possible, noticed there's no upgrades queued at all a few times and usually missing the WvW boosts. Also, the guild siege is mighty useful at times.. can those only be queued once they've been used too?
    Have edited it so Barons can now add/edit build queue - hopefully this will help - also yeah the WvW upgrades (most of them at least) can only be queued after they've been used which is kind of annoying but I guess prevents some guild just constantly spamming them. All I'd say is careful about spending influence - definitely don't do too much hurrying (as that's the most expensive). I'd suggest we dont look to go below 250k influence - the reason I say this is we don't know what guild hall features will be added in due course, and how much they'll cost.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Alright, do we've got someone willing to assume the role of the pack leader (we need a better name for that, bears - especially endless ones - probably don't hunt in packs)?

If yes, please post in here so we can get started with collecting teh moneyz. I suggest anybody that wants to contribute just puts his donation into the highest most bank tab she/he can access. As soon as we hit 100g, that money goes to whoever vows to become the HoH (Head of Horace) and lead the endless masses through the Borderlands.
    I hath chucked in what I have. Spent waay too much buying sexy new dps armour set for fractals...

Which reminds me I really must get back into them, although my shaky connection and the issues with disconnects kind of put me off; that, and now CK2 has its hooks into me once again. Oh well: joys of no subscription means I don't feel guilty!

Edit: Also I'm pretty sure being the head of horace is blasphemous! ;P Perhaps some kind of Arch-Paladin or somesuch?
    Last edited by Timofee; 14-12-2012 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timofee View Post
    Which reminds me I really must get back into them, although my shaky connection and the issues with disconnects kind of put me off; that, and now CK2 has its hooks into me once again. Oh well: joys of no subscription means I don't feel guilty!
    Frequent disconnects seem to be a major problem with the fractals at the moment. As soon as someone drops, your run is more or less over if you aren't prepared to do several fractals with four people only. Also, if the party "leader" leaves, everyone is kicked out. Two things that really need fixing.

Just to clarify on the donations for the commander book -- which tab in the guild bank should we put these in?

I would recommend mailing that amount of money to a designated guild officer as opposed to storing in the guild bank, it seems more secure. (I've read about problems with the guild bank bugging out and losing money before...)

EDIT: Maybe I'm just paranoid, sorry. But it's a lot of money!
    Last edited by Screwie; 14-12-2012 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    Just to clarify on the donations for the commander book -- which tab in the guild bank should we put these in?
    The "highest" / most restricted you can access. For me that was the guild vault (last one), but I am not sure if everyone can put something in there. I will check the guild bank every night (if I can log in) and transfer the money there if someone's having trouble.

Edit: Read Screwie's post. I just find it convenient to see how much money has already been collected (and donations are tracked as well) but I am also fine with sending the money to Krathor directly.
    Last edited by Squiz; 14-12-2012 at 10:23 AM.

Aye just put in my 10 gold into the bank now. I'd prefer for people to send it directly there, so we can keep a log of it.

Deep Cave currently has 63 gold as of time of writing. Hurrah!

It sure is a lot of money Screwie, but I yet have to encounter any problems with the bank (crosses fingers). Also, I realised that it might look a bit weird if someone sends 100g to another account via mail... Don't want anyone to encounter any issues because ANet thinks there's a gold seller at work.

Network Hub
    Congrats to Krathor for getting the blue hat nomination. I'll bung whatever paltry spare loot I can scrape up towards the cause.

RL stuff has been intruding so I missed the start of the current match- looks like the usual German zerg fun but hopefully we can have some meaningful interaction with Whiteside during the week. I've got a ton of time off over xmas so will be getting stuck in more now.

The coronation, in Divinity's Reach:

Aww how did i miss out on that awesome event
    GW2: Malfious - Elementalist

Haha I logged into Divinity's Reach last night and literally saw that crowd of animals right in front of the point I spawned in. I wondered what you guys were doing :P

Moosefest '12.

So I've just finished my first night properly commanding on the job. It was one of those deals where I had entered Eternal Battlegrounds just to do the jumping puzzle and Starhejm (who was commanding) had just left. I was foolishly by his side when he was saying goodbye and he was like 'say Duke... you have your badge now don't you!?'.

To begin with, we lost pretty heavily but ultimately we ended up with some very good fights and taking a few towers over the course of around three hours or so. There was minimum whining from people and generally all the randoms that were following us were pretty supportive.

Talking of how great support is... there was a massive, impromptu RPS turnout tonight. I seriously can't understand how new commanders do the job properly without a decent support behind them. You guys are invaluable, so cheers.

I think things will be drastically easier for my normal playstyle come Saturday night, when I can go around ninjaing places with my commander tag on while there's also another commander present for the main 'zerg'.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Full battle report from last night has been posted here. It's in follow-up to Star's post, located here. You'll have to be registered and verified on the community forum to see them.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.