Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    The lighting and stuff is great but dem jaggies.
    I know... I just pretend they re not there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    It's GTA IV's fault, you can't even force AA.
    Last edited by Sketch; 13-12-2012 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Messiah, Dungeon keeper 1, I own them on disk but apparently that's not good enough to get access to the latest gog developed patches.

^_^
    I'm not sure if it has anything to do with GOG patches though. I got the Steam version of Messiah and had no troubles at all. Have you tried registering your game on Steam? Some key formats are being accepted.

Obscure Node
    Mass Effect 3 - Can't get past the 'press any key' screen, background keeps moving and audio keeps playing so it's not frozen...

Far Cry 3 - Bought the steam version and can't figure out how to get it into uplay, through the client or the website.

The Walking Dead - Every since EP2 it crashes at launch.

Everything else I can think of runs pretty maxed out.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus gwathdring's Avatar
    Yay! I got SPAZ working on Steam for Linux. So that's one down. Still working/waiting on SpaceChem, Aquaria (it's funny because the non-steam Linux version works fine as does the WINE version), and Amnesia.

TF2 is borked for now because I'm unlucky enough to have a Radeon HD 4750 ... which was put on legacy support weeks before the Steam beta (and years after they last updated the Linux driver). It's funny because the Windows driver wasn't broken when it got put on legacy. :\ Valve have been flexing some muscle though, and AMD has opened feedback channels--I anticipate some driver fixing in the near future. If it happens, I'll be quite grateful--Steam aside, AMD's fuckery left all of us pre-5000 card users unable to run the latest X-server and thus to have our drivers running proper with Ubuntu's latest release (12.10). Valve helping out doesn't fix AMD's shitty practice, but a functioning driver is a driver.
    I think of [the Internet] as a grisly raw steak laid out on a porcelain benchtop in the sun, covered in chocolate hazelnut sauce. In the background plays Stardustís Music Sounds Better With You. Thereís lots of fog. --tomeoftom

You ruined his point by putting it in context thatís cheating -bull0

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    I'm not sure if it has anything to do with GOG patches though. I got the Steam version of Messiah and had no troubles at all. Have you tried registering your game on Steam? Some key formats are being accepted.
    My messiah didn't have a key, the steam version oof messiah has the gog patch actually.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantracker View Post
    Sim City 4 seems to run just as badly for me now as it did two computers ago
    Worse for me.

@Helio:
    I also have the disks, but recently played through DK1 using that Dungeon Keeper FX thingy, have you tried that?

Old Messiah keys register on Steam you say? That's worth a punt, I remember loving that, don't know how it will hold up today though...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    So I tried to run GTA IV. everything pretty much set to low. game looks like crap because of it (worse than GTA:SA in a way)
    frame rate benchmarked at 14 fps.

i just installed steam version. is there a patch which miraculously will double my framerate?