Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Farcry 3. I have a much better machine than some people that are getting 60 fps because but since I have a shitty AMD vidya card I generally don't get to enjoy new releases on PC till some months later since NODRIVERS
    Yea, AMD's drivers are sinking back into their old, lethargic and poorly maintained state aren't they?

They broke Torchlight 2 with 12.9 - 12.10 stayed broke and there's no mention of a fix in 12.11 (which is in Beta and I've not risked it).

TL2 is a fairly popular game - but no-one seems greatly concerned that it's pretty unplayable (unless you fancy a rollback to 12.8)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Far Cry 3's issues aren't driver related, it's the game. It just runs worse for some people.

For me the game would be GTA IV, even though I can max much newer games.

Activated Node
    GTA IV. Saints Row 3. The Witcher 2. Planetside 2 (although I'm chugging along and enjoying it, despite the poor performance).

I have a decent computer, though not amazing, and it really does make me grateful for the games that are well-optimized. Just Cause 2, I'm looking at you. Baby, you're beautiful.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Witcher 2
    Assasin Creed 1
    GTA IV
    Tropico 3 (lower requirements than Batman AA but i get 12 fps)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Sakura Wars 4: Find Your Love, Girls!, traditional Chinese version import from Hong Kong, published by an irresponsible publisher Typhoon Games.

A 100% DRM bug, since the goddamned Starforce won't detect the disc required to run the game. I believed it was an issue of older version of Starforce, and Typhoon did patch the Starforce to newer version. I updated mine, rerun everything, but doing no good. I emailed Typhoon Games for the issue, they replied that I should input Disc 1 out of the 3 CDs. What the...... I am not a 3 year-old kid.

I will not buy another Typhoon distributed games until I can sort this out. Unfortunately it is one of the few Chinese publishers stably localizing Japanese games from time to time.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    Yea, AMD's drivers are sinking back into their old, lethargic and poorly maintained state aren't they?

They broke Torchlight 2 with 12.9 - 12.10 stayed broke and there's no mention of a fix in 12.11 (which is in Beta and I've not risked it).

TL2 is a fairly popular game - but no-one seems greatly concerned that it's pretty unplayable (unless you fancy a rollback to 12.8)
    Haven't had any trouble myself with Torchlight 2? What appears to be the problem?

I'm running a 6950 btw

I really, really like flying in Planetside 2. On ground when the framerate drops it's usually not as big of a problem. But in the air it is huge concern.
    BobHound - EVE Online

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Battlefield 3 I can run it on Ultra 40 fps but I'm more comfortable with 60-70 on High. Furthermore FRAPS in the Screenshot Every Second mode makes it more choppy. Probably it's possible to do some overclocking but I never attempted it and not sure how to do it reliably. If anyone can point me to a reliable guide "ATI overclocking for dummies" - thanks. But probably I'll just buy NVIDIA GPU next.

GTA 4 Barely runs on Medium settings.

Far Cry 3 Constant stuttering durning driving even on Medium settings.

New Vegas with Weather mods( Project Nevada etc). Performance drops drastically every time a firefight is happening durning sandstorm or any kind of weather effect.

Cryostasis Well it's Cryostasis.

STALKER with some mods. Probably ATI problem. My last PC( Duaclore and NVIDIA GPU) had almost no problem with STALKER.

Witcher 2 Poor optimisation.

ARMA 2 and DayZ I doubt anyone ran it on maximum settings ever with stable 60-70 FPS.

Asus M4A79XTD-EVO
    Phenom II X6 1090T 3,6
    8gb DDR3-1333
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 6970
    Raid0 2 WD 1tb disks

I tried SSD but it never improved performance in games, only system boot time.
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 09-12-2012 at 10:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    Having just upgraded my hardware in May, I can run pretty much everything I want. The one game that really gave me trouble was The Witcher 2.
    The same here, tried it last year but I had to put everything to low. Bought a new PC this year and can now play it at 2560x1440 at max settings.

Activated Node
    For those suffering stuttering in Far Cry 3 or poor performance try limiting the gpu frame buffer to 1 and use the latest beta drivers and profiles

runs like a dream for me on my 6950

Obscure Node
    I've got GTA4, but I get FPS drops all the time. That, and it feels like driving a truck on ice. Not sure how it is with my controller, just that its laggy as heck. I can run Black Mesa, Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, and Bioshock all quite well on high settings, so I have no idea why GTA4 is running so terrible for me. Heck, I even lowered all of the graphics to see if I could get a boost, but no dice. I can only assume its poorly optimized or something.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I haven't tried GTA4 yet because I'm afraid of this. I had to upgrade my computer after a lightning storm, but my CPU is a five year old AMD X2.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus b0rsuk's Avatar
    I currently can't run any games involving fast and accurate clicking. My Razer Krait mouse turned out to be shoddy. Razer discontinued it pretty quick.
    pass

Natural selection 2 needs a lot of work in getting its performance to manageable levels, I can run BF3 better on High than I can with NS2 on medium. I love the game, but they really need to sort that out, more than any other issue it'll be that which will limit how far the community can spread.

I may be lucky here, but I haven't struggled running anything for a while. I upgraded my GFX card about half a year ago, but everything else is about 3 years old, so I always assumed it was just that nothing was really pushing hardware while the current gen of consoles are holding on. That said, I've yet to play Planetside 2, which sounds like it might be a bit of struggle.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Haven't had any trouble myself with Torchlight 2? What appears to be the problem?

I'm running a 6950 btw
    Flickery textures

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=45442

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Internet View Post
    I haven't tried GTA4 yet because I'm afraid of this. I had to upgrade my computer after a lightning storm, but my CPU is a five year old AMD X2.
    GTA4 has 'issues' on almost all PCs - but can easily be made playable simply be being hugely underambitious on the visuals...

It's not quite PS2-era when it's running well but it's not 'hi def' either.

That said - I think the sheer grind/grimness of the game is far more an issue than the visuals :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    none B] *smug*
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trjp View Post
    GTA4 has 'issues' on almost all PCs - but can easily be made playable simply be being hugely underambitious on the visuals...

It's not quite PS2-era when it's running well but it's not 'hi def' either.

That said - I think the sheer grind/grimness of the game is far more an issue than the visuals :)
    LOL!

Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    The Binding of Isaac. The slowdown consistently makes me lose somewhere between The Depths and The Womb.