Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Activated Node
    oh wow, fancy gui with the health semitransparent under the crosshair, didn't know you could do that ...

It's the "Centralized HUD mode"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    NC music isn't awful D: makes me feel very space western.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    I prefer NC, but when I played with RPS I had the most boring experience I've ever had with the game, so switched to vanu for a bit. Playing Vanu with RPS was about equally boring, but by then I already had about 400 points for my NC girl on Ceres, and it just seems like a waste to switch around.

Not having a mic is just frustrating. Nobody reads text and it's a nightmare keeping track of the conversation while playing and repeatedly typing the same message. I just don't think the way RPS plays Planetside is enough fun, as I end up feeling like my efforts are wasted and/or like the new kid excited at everything stuck with a group of jaded, weary veterans. I doubt I'll be coming back.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbringer View Post
    This game has music? Ok seriously, it is the first thing I normally turn off in Multi-player Games especially shooters. Enemy footsteps saved my life a couple of times.
    It's periodic, in response to things like base capture. But you'll be wanting to switch it off, because the NC music is embarassingly bad.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Not having a mic is just frustrating. Nobody reads text and it's a nightmare keeping track of the conversation while playing and repeatedly typing the same message. I just don't think the way RPS plays Planetside is enough fun, as I end up feeling like my efforts are wasted and/or like the new kid excited at everything stuck with a group of jaded, weary veterans. I doubt I'll be coming back.
    You should try different days of the week, play style varies a lot depending on the day. FF's still evolving, especially as it's intended to be more focused and organized. Other days are sillier or simply more smale-scale with a single squad dicking around.

But yes, no mic is a problem if you want to do more than simply follow. If anything's happening on screen I won't notice the chat window showing up and if it's quiet for a moment it'll have faded away and I won't remember to bring it back up.

That said, 400 points are easily gained during the double XP week, takes a few hours.
    Last edited by Wolfenswan; 24-12-2012 at 11:53 AM.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbringer View Post
    It's the "Centralized HUD mode"
    Ok, tried that, it's really good, thanks for that !

Quote Originally Posted by vorrin View Post
    Ok, tried that, it's really good, thanks for that !
    Tried it but it's to either side, rather than below the crosshair. Also, not transparent so it blocks a fair bit of view.

I can't see an option to change this. Am I stupid and is there a way to customise it, or are the options for this incredibly well hidden?

Activated Node
    dunno, either side of the crosshair I think is standard, and it makes sense to me, health/shield are down, energy is left, and ammo is right, so you always have a snapshot idea of how you're sorted. Thing is, here it is very transparent, so no idea why it would not be so on your pc, not sure there are options for that, possibly a bug between ps2 and your video card or something ?