Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Okay, to get numbers up, I'm going to state the bleeding obvious. No crazy schemes like the A-Team converting a tractor to fire cabbages (anyone remember that episode?), just a plain strategy:

1) asking buddies to join - whether on Steam or real life - I got a rl buddy and a steam buddy to join us on ...Saturday, I think it was, they actually really enjoyed the mountaineering bit, totally unexpected to them

2) creating a recruitment video - everyone's a sucker for a cool piece that shows how brooding and dangerous outfits can be. Unfortunately I tend to create silly vids, so will need some direction on how to actually look cool - I'm figuring a Sedate Saturday activity

3) hitting up recruitment subforums on ps2 websites (AND including said cool video in those threads' opening posts otherwise we won't stand out) - I'd argue relying on the RPS and herosquad mumble community alone aren't going to hack it because we're not the official dudes

Okay, again, that's enough typing for me for one night, again, will come back to this tomorrow.

Oh yeah, one more thing: 4) Promote the Steam group and wrestle aadmin facilities from that traitor to the traitors: Stranglove! Geddim!
    Last edited by Ayam; 11-12-2012 at 08:21 PM. Reason: carriage returns help

Obscure Node
    Due to Xmas, families, travelling, so forth, I'm probably not going to be around much till the new year, but I will definitely be back. The RPS NC outfit is an extremely pleasant, friendly, helpful bunch to play with. Anyone considering joining the fight for FREEDOM should not be remotely timid about hopping on Mumble and joining in.

Hope this Friday is a success, with plenty more mountaineering shenanigans

/Bobbins

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam View Post
    2) creating a recruitment video - everyone's a sucker for a cool piece that shows how brooding and dangerous outfits can be. Unfortunately I tend to create silly vids, so will need some direction on how to actually look cool - I'm figuring a Sedate Saturday activity
    You might want start another thread about ideas or suggestions for such a thing. I might have some ideas, but I need to look around if they have not been stolen yet :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ayam View Post
    Oh yeah, one more thing: 4) Promote the Steam group and wrestle aadmin facilities from that traitor to the traitors: Stranglove! Geddim!
    Baby, I got this.
    I'm Respecting your culture!

Thanks Stuh-RAYAYANG, bebe.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrotas View Post
    How is it on non friday day's the traitor outfit gathering?
    I think this is an important question. After playing on Monday I realised I'm burning myself out a bit on PS2 already, so I'll be mainly sticking to the weekends. If we can get a significant regular contingent on weekdays (it's very small scale fun usually), that would be great, but I'm happiest with us gathering on weekends.

Activated Node
    indeed during the week days there is normally a squad worth of ppl around, which during the week is all u need lol as if it was freedom friday every day might get a bit much hehe

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Purple techno laser cultists are the best, but I believe we can now make NC alts. I might give this Freedom Friday business a go, if you guys don't mind a temporary defector from Vanu?

Activated Node
    I would like to go back to some slightly more personal team play in NC (currently if I play with people, I'm in the Vanu outfit, which is nice, but I never really feel like I'm starting to know better anyone), but Friday is really possibly the worst day for me. Also, I'm not too splendid with keeping a fixed day free for gaming, so, yeh, that might be a bit of a problem :/

Network Hub
    Hi there,
    I'd love to join the NC outfit (i'm already in the VS one) because blue is better, the music is better. the first sniper rifle is a bolt action one, also i'd rather shoot with a gun than a purple plasma supersoaker.... But the freedom friday is a problem for me. I'd rather spend my friday and saturday nights in a bar or a venue than on my computer. Could i join you for other days? Other than the thursday which is strategic giraffe's day and the occasional wednesday which is approximative giraffe's day.

Quote Originally Posted by Silgidorn View Post
    Hi there,
    I'd love to join the NC outfit (i'm already in the VS one) because blue is better, the music is better. the first sniper rifle is a bolt action one, also i'd rather shoot with a gun than a purple plasma supersoaker.... But the freedom friday is a problem for me. I'd rather spend my friday and saturday nights in a bar or a venue than on my computer. Could i join you for other days? Other than the thursday which is strategic giraffe's day and the occasional wednesday which is approximative giraffe's day.
    We tend to have a squad worth of dudes running around on weekdays, majority of us play on weekends though.

Young weasy: very welcome

vorrin: past 3 Squad Sundays have been the highlights for me so far, try then, hopefully it'll be as good

Activated Node
    Yeh, Sunday is also one of the most reasonable day to be free for it, so maybe next time I join.
    There is though, also the problem that at the same time, you have a full platoon of VS people on mumble, which is also kinda nice ,and happens so rarely.

Still, hardly particularly organised ,so, maybe on my next free Sunday I shall attempt to join you smurfs (also, music is really awfulhorrible for them, but they look by far best).

(also, yay for SCE for having fixed all them bugs ,and allowed multiple characters on different factgions, on same server!)

Obscure Node
    Hi,

Just a quick sanity check, is Miller the server to set up on if I want to join in the NC fun? Unfortunately I hadn't heard about this when I started playing PS2 recently so my best NC character is on Lithcorp but now I (sort of) know what I'm doing I can set up a new one elsewhere. And if there's ever a Freedom Friday organised on Lithcorp I'd be happy to participate.

Yep, it's miller

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Wafflynumber View Post
    Yep, it's miller
    Thanks, I've got a spare slot so I'll set one up there.

Obscure Node
    Gotta say, the Traitor outfit is the best one I've played in both on PS1 and (though its only been a short while) PS2. There is the odd occasions that platoon size numbers are on, but I've found that there's always a good squad up in the evenings during the week. Last night for instance was a blast with some great teamwork and top notch leadership from JeffJeff. I've done more sneaky disruption tactics with the Traitors, than anyone, and THATS hella fun

Obscure Node
    i agree with you there E1mo last night was the first week night i had (not counting friday :P) played and even though there was only like 7 of us it was brilliant fun especially our final assault and capture, we held the nicely. i will definitely be on more on the weekdays and weekends to join in. JeffJeff did lead well but i do think he should stay away from reavers for a while :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    you guys seem very paranoid with your permissions - in the Vanu Laser Cult, we're pretty much all members with invitation rights; in the so called Freedom faction, you restrict everyone to peons who cannot invite.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    you guys seem very paranoid with your permissions - in the Vanu Laser Cult, we're pretty much all members with invitation rights; in the so called Freedom faction, you restrict everyone to peons who cannot invite.
    Funny how it works in world of religious and political fanaticism.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    Some of us are more free than others.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus