Activated Node

Rock, Paper, Fleetwipe: RPS vs. AI War: Beltsander of Worlds Edition

Hi all,

Would anyone be up for this? I guess 4 people is the maximum that is really workable. I've really got into it since the new expansion came out, although we don't have to include all the crazy stuff that's been added if people are less familiar with the game. A 2 hour session a week can start as an initial suggestion, and I'm GMT. If there's more people interested/odd time zones we can always have a couple of games on the go.

Activated Node
    I guess it depends when and what settings you use to start off.

I tried the game and I loved my time with it but I struggled to make any meaningful progress in the time that I played. It made me feel like an idiot commanding an fleet of tin cans against some unbeatable force. I tried a few times and just could not progress past a certain point.

I have a few expansions but not all of them iirc so I don't know if that is a problem?

Network Hub Peter Radiator Full Pig's Avatar
    I heard the co op can be drop in, how does that work (Assuming i heard right)?

I might be up for this but I'm a total noob.

Activated Node
    I would be up for a multiplayer game. I've always started single player AI War games but never got anywhere with them. Perhaps with someone else playing I won't bounce off the game as easily.
    Steam = Roll Fizzlebeef
    Origin = Meatntwo
    Planetside 2/Arma 3/Mumble = Warscribe

Activated Node
    Sorry all - my graphics card evaporated, meaning that I completely forgot about this in a haze of acrid smoke.

Anyway, I'll propose the following:

4 Players Max. - Would prefer a consistent commitment (negotiable times if needed), just because juggling giving ships back and fore gets a bit confusing, and groups that get to know each other are fun!

Difficulty 7/7 - Because it's AI War. I'm still at the 6 stage, but losing is fun.

Base game only for the time being, as some of the strategies that new ships introduce can be pretty hairy.

I'm afraid weekends are largely a no-go for me, as I commute. Monday through Wednesday evenings are generally the best, but Thursdays are fine too, at least until teaching starts again at the start of term.

Thoughts?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesomeclaw View Post
    I might be up for this but I'm a total noob.
    We can be the kids that beat up Ender.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Activated Node
    Monday and Tuesday evenings are much better for me also. I'd definitely be up for having a go at multiplayer AI War. Give me a shout on Steam although beware my PC remains on mostly 24/7 so I might not reply immediately.
    Steam = Roll Fizzlebeef
    Origin = Meatntwo
    Planetside 2/Arma 3/Mumble = Warscribe

Network Hub
    Count me in. Been dying to play it coop for ages but never managed to convince anyone. Then again, AIW isn't for anyone :D

Pretty flexible schedule wise, so I will try and accommodate the needs of the the kids at battles school (so long as Heliocentric is Ender, I want to be on his crew)
    Easy (nCore) likes Braaaains
    Find me on Steam