Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar

Rock, Paper, Salty Let's Beat the Snot Out of Each Other, Together!

horaceRPSalty.jpg
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RPSalty

Now, I may not know much about fighting games, but I do know that playing one by yourself is about as much fun as Gish. Given King of Fighters XIII's recent inclusion in a bundle (Act now! Quantities aren't limited!), the long-awaited release of Ultra Street Fighter IV, and all the recent discussion about the genre, I was surprised that we didn't have a group already. So I went ahead and made one! Hopefully there's enough interest that we can start holding tournaments, but my acumen is lapsed enough that I'd feel more comfortable with informal sparring matches anyway for the time being.

Lesser Hivemind Node Prolar Bear's Avatar
    I'll check back when Tekken 7 is released. KOF looks too fireball and combo based from the trailers.

EDIT: mind you, I approve of this!
    Last edited by Prolar Bear; 22-08-2014 at 12:57 PM.

Activated Node
    I plan on purchasing the bundle but have never played a fighting game for more than 10 minutes so that should be interesting.

I have Ultra Street Fighter IV, Injustice and Mortal Kombat all of which I have never played against anyone online in. Mostly because I am dreadful at fighting games but enjoy them nonetheless :)

In fact I didn't realize I had Ultra SFIV, just checked Steam since I knew I had SF IV and it seems to have updated whatever one it was that I had to the new Ultra one, always good news!

I'd be very up for some of the fighting. I have USF4, KoF and skullgirls, and I'm terrible at all of them.

Activated Node
    I like fighting games, but can't be bothered to devote the time needed to be any good at 'em. I got King of Fighters in that recent bundle, I'll join the group.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I've been thinking about organizing some informal training sessions soon. Nobody I've played with could claim to be an expert, nor could I, but I can at least teach the basic terminology and theory. The nitty-gritty of combo memorization and execution will, of course, depend on your own dedication, but I think we should be able to all get to a level where we can compete in a low-stakes tournament.

If you own Skullgirls, I highly recommend playing through the tutorial as it is excellent and certainly does a better job than I could. The lessons learned will, I think, serve you well in any fighting game.

Also of note: Guilty Gear X2 #Reload is now on Steam! I have no idea why they didn't opt for the more recent Accent Core Plus R, but I have fond memories of renting this (and getting my ass handed to me) on the PS2 a decade ago.