View Poll Results: When would you like a regular gathering to play Mechwarrior Online to take place?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Monday

1 25.00%
  • Tuesday

0 0%
  • Wednesday

2 50.00%
  • Thursday

1 25.00%
  • Friday

2 50.00%
  • Saturday

1 25.00%
  • Sunday

1 25.00%
  • Every day at a specified time.

1 25.00%
  • I would prefer one-off events instead of regular events.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    I'd love to but I just might be watching the game (RM:MU)... We'll see

Banned
    8 instead of 7:30 tonight?

BLAME THE SNOW

Banned
    For everyone who is enjoying MWO it might interest you that MechWarrior Living Legends has gone standalone for its final release.

This filled the MechWarrior shaped hole in my life for a number of years before MWO came along, we should definitely get our Lance involved one night now that its more a game and less a mod.

Either way, I will be up for an afternoon of over heating and getting shot on Sunday on either game at say, 2pm if anyone cares to join me.

I missed last nights activities, although to be fair I have a good excuse (pub). I definitely want to join in tho!

If I'm about on Sunday I'll join in, I don't know how MWO handles social things (do we friend up? Click launch as a party or something?) and I'll be on the usual mumble anyways
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

So how did the patches work out for this game? I played a bit a few months back but I didn't like it much, had bad performance and it didn't feel very .. stompy.

Being a huge Battletech nerd I'd like to enjoy this game, but since I have the terrible habit of spending a lot of money on F2P games I'd like to know if it's any good. And who better to ask than my fellow RPS chums?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Caddybear View Post
    So how did the patches work out for this game? I played a bit a few months back but I didn't like it much, had bad performance and it didn't feel very .. stompy.

Being a huge Battletech nerd I'd like to enjoy this game, but since I have the terrible habit of spending a lot of money on F2P games I'd like to know if it's any good. And who better to ask than my fellow RPS chums?
    Go play Hawken for 5 minutes then come back and I'm sure it will all feel suitably stompy.

Every major patch has introduced or balanced gameplay elements and there are probably a lot more mechs than when you last played.

Best I can say is join us on a MechWednesday at approx 7:30. We have a small but reasonably dedicated Lance that's starting to work quite well together. We chat over the almost-official RPS mumble server which is lovely and clear and push to talk so nobody has to listen to mouth breathers either.

There's a huge content update this week too. PPC based HUD and ECM interference, Trebuchet Mech, a new map built around 12 v 12 players. And yeah... 12 v 12 players. Should be a good time to come play!

Also today (Sunday) there is a chance some of the Lance will be on from 2pm GMT, so feel free to get involved!

Banned
    mechwarriors ready yourselves for some action this sunday.

2pm.

Newcomers welcome.

I did play Hawken. It felt like Unreal Tournament with mech skins really. You do have a point. I'll download it later and practice a bit, maybe I'll join you guys next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    mechwarriors ready yourselves for some action this sunday.

2pm.

Newcomers welcome.

Sold! I'm in!

Activated Node
    Couldn't be there on Sunday (damn you real life!), but I will be there on Wednesday for sure.
    Come Wednesday! Now! I need my third dragon...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ramirezfm View Post
    Couldn't be there on Sunday (damn you real life!), but I will be there on Wednesday for sure.
    Come Wednesday! Now! I need my third dragon...
    Be there! I've an amazing load out for my 5N.

300 XL engine which gets me to 90 kph with speed tweak.

2 x ML

1 X SRM 6

2 x AC5 in chain fire.

14 or 15 heatsinks.

Fill the rest up with armour.

ok so i booted this back up having not played for about 2 months,much better than before thats for sure ill be adding some of you guys

Despite buying into the founders program I've only just started playing. Feel free to add me, I normally run lights.

Network Hub
    NEWPATCHNEWPATCHNEWPATCH *Runs around in giddy circles* *Will be on mumble if anyone needs him.*

Network Hub
    The new patch is holycrapawesome.

There is a new map? Alpine Peaks? People constantly get into trouble because YOU CANNOT SHOOT AT STUFF TWO KILOMETERS AWAY. NO, REALLY. STOP TRYING.

... Two kilometers is the _standard engagement distance_ on this map. And it takes a long time to just SPOT each other. Most sightlines seem to be like four kilometers. Closing to usual engagement ranges is difficult and hasn't happened the two or three times I've landed on it.

Also, I think it might be time to try for a new poll on days to gather.

Edit: Also, any interest in trying out having specific nights for specific kinds of builds? EG: A 'heavy cavalry' or 'light cavalry' night where we're all in stuff that goes 70/80 kph +, an 'Anvil' night where we're all in stuff with a max speed of 60 or less? Etc?
    Last edited by JimTheDog; 19-02-2013 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JimTheDog View Post

There is a new map...
    Stopped reading... Got excited! I'll be on tomorrow!

Activated Node
    New map is fun. Played only once and it was hard to find anyone even with all the open spaces, but still fun.
    Matchmaking seems ok as I was able to kill stuff with PPC now! I probably still suck though...
    Still need one mil for the 3rd dragon and then crapload for 350xl (which I will pull from flame for now anyhow), so I want to plaaaaayyyyyy.
    8:00 CET tonight?

Network Hub
    Tonight we will be having the usual MechWarrior MechWednesday. At least, if I have anything to do with it. 7:30 UK time until people get bored and leave -- I imagine plenty will be going on still at 8 CET.

Banned
    Count me in.

Activated Node
    7:30 UK is 8:30 CET, so good enough :)