View Poll Results: When would you like a regular gathering to play Mechwarrior Online to take place?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Monday

1 25.00%
  • Tuesday

0 0%
  • Wednesday

2 50.00%
  • Thursday

1 25.00%
  • Friday

2 50.00%
  • Saturday

1 25.00%
  • Sunday

1 25.00%
  • Every day at a specified time.

1 25.00%
  • I would prefer one-off events instead of regular events.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    So now that the dust has settled, thoughts on Pheonix mechs? I love the Shadowhawk, absolutely recommend it once it's out for C-Bills. I'd say it made every other medium obsolete but certain Heavies and Assaults have been doing that for months.
    Can't say I agree, using the Shadohawk has been an all around bad experience for me. None of the builds I've tried work for me and the entire mech feels just off most of the time. I've seen what you can do with it but it never really clicked in my case. The Thunderbolt on the other hand is an amazing brawler and a lot of fun to play. Not using an XL so I don't have to worry about my big torsos.

Activated Node
    Patch today is nothing. Bug fixes, decrease on that 60 second ready waiting screen to 20 seconds if everyone connects. EDIT:I said bug fixes, I mean bug introductions. Ghost heat is bugged, the limit on LLs and ERLLs is now two.

Catapult hero announced. The Jester. The most hideous paint scheme they could think of, but with some decent colours the Cheshire cat grin might look great. Looks like 6E 2AMS so pretty dull other than the garish looks.

Also in case anyone missed it two upcoming modules help walking up slopes, and decrease screen shake. The slope one seems logical but the screenshake module decreases not only the shake of incoming fire but also the shake you get when jump jetting. Poptarting: the module.
    Last edited by JackAttack; 30-10-2013 at 09:00 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That screen shake module doesnt make any sense at all, oh well we shall have to see how much it reduces the shake. I do like the looks of that Jester though!
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Activated Node
    Mechwednesday anyone?

For joystick users- http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/625...oystick-users/

Wolverine. Shrunken head, overall meh.
    Griffin. Gorgeous cockpit, but is disappointingly identical to the Shadow Hawk.
    Also note both of these are hovering quite far off the floor. The price payed for those borg cube esque greebles apparently.

Something. It was found at ''http://mechwarriorclans.com/images/frame2.png'', now 404.
    Last edited by JackAttack; 11-12-2013 at 03:18 AM.

... good grief: Clans are coming - their pitch to get the license really was "digital display case for Mechs with added arena combat". They really have nothing else planned now have they?

Activated Node
    Wow, $55 per mech, $500 packs. Just... O_O wow...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    What are they thinking?!

Bread?

Activated Node
    Lovely art but crazy prices. Takes a lot of nerve to unveil packs that expensive JUST after their last grabdeal and when basically nothing significant has been added other than more gunbag mechs. No CW, no UI 2.0, no DX11, no game modes (skirmish just doesn't count), no dropships, no MASC, no collisions, no hitreg work, no balancing recently etc etc. Almost all things promised for pre-launch or immediately after. It's one thing to miss every deadline by months, that's just being overly optimistic, it's another to ask for money off the back of it.

The best light this can be seen in is as being forced upon PGI by IGP. Risking losing long term consistent income from a large playerbase (see Valve) by aiming for a short term buck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Sadly I think you are correct Jack...

Bread?

Oh hello, what's this? It's 2014 and I think it's about time we had some mechanized fun again. It's also a new Hunchback and slow AC20 projectiles so you can dodge an AC40 now, in theory. Everything else that wasn't in the game last year still isn't but at least the Mechs look nice, right? So why not gather up tomorrow, that's Wednesday, and sling SRMs at unsuspecting enemies?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Can't gather to sling SRM's as i don't got missiles on my cataphract (my only mech). Can come spread some kinetic love with AC's though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Very tempting, I might show up tonight!

Bread?

Activated Node
    Not gonna do this, but post how it went. I have fond memories of MWO, the more time passes the fonder the memories get ;)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Well, I had my worst games in my Catapult A1, a nil and 17 score! For some reason it just wasnt clicking tonight. Might have been because I mostly had been playing conquest lately.

Bread?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    So i bought a stalker 3F.

Holy fuckballs it's horrible when you're driving it stock (as slow as my phract, worse damage, bigger target). After some weapon changes and double heat sinks i've started to get stuff done with it but that bigger engine really would be needed (as would some of the xp perks).

Dunno why matchmaking has decided that it doesn't care about tonnage at all right now though.
    "Best" game was when my side had 3 dc atlas', 2 stalkers, 2 viktors. Whole team had 1 light at all (raven).
    Enemies had 1 Highlander and 1 Awesome, ~2/3 of team was mediums and heavies.

Activated Node
    Yeah as much as all stock mechs are rubbish the Stalker is an especially bad example. Laughably slow, no ammo, hot, and missing armour. STD 300, dubs and a more focused load out do wonders though.

The matchmaker tries to take weight into account but with the low player numbers (especially once split into elo) it has to loosen it's restrictions after a certain time and just make a subpar match. One four man decides to all takes lights and there literally aren't four other people dropping in lights it can put on the other team, so there's instantly a weight difference.

For example.
    Just under five minutes of searching and it ended up with 10 assaults and 2 heavies against a team with the tenacity to take a few token mediums and lights.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Yeah, STD 300 with DHS and it's now pretty nice. Not sure what's the best set-up, i just had 4 LL's in it and had a few really good rounds but i think i find my current set-up more fun (2 ppc, 2 mpl, 2ml, 2srm4. Thinking of ditching the srm's all together and upgrading the ml's to mpl's and buying an ams). Testing required.

Obscure Node
    Hello Jack, I thing you are right man and please tell us whats they are thinking. moreover!!

Activated Node
    First thing worth posting in a while. 1 2 3

http://mwomercs.com/news/2014/04/831...shots-revealed

A resounding meh from me. Long legs and a spindly torso though maybe it's the unflattering angles. It has looked better in FDs art in the past (e.g 1 2). Anyone with a longer history in BT or someone who payed for a certain golden version of the above want to weigh in?
    Last edited by JackAttack; 11-04-2014 at 01:56 PM.

Network Hub
    *COUGH COUGH*

>.>

<.<

I genuinely like the legs. They go all the way up...

AHEM.

I actually kind of like that it's getting away from the squat look of previous Timberwolf incarnations. The Madcat's supposed to be a _fast_ heavy, you know? Un-speed tweaked this thing is meant to cruise at just shy of 90 kph, stubby legs just ain't gonna do that.

ALSO I PAID THROUGH THE NOSE FOR ONE IN GOLD SO I BETTER FREAKING LIKE IT HADN'T I.

(I feel like it's an acceptable modernization of the MadCat I rolled with while playing MW2 as a twelve year old. STOMP STOMP!)
    Last edited by JimTheDog; 11-04-2014 at 08:25 AM.