View Poll Results: When would you like a regular gathering to play Mechwarrior Online to take place?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Monday

1 25.00%
  • Tuesday

0 0%
  • Wednesday

2 50.00%
  • Thursday

1 25.00%
  • Friday

2 50.00%
  • Saturday

1 25.00%
  • Sunday

1 25.00%
  • Every day at a specified time.

1 25.00%
  • I would prefer one-off events instead of regular events.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
    Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Pepper we have our very own Midascat owner in RPS, just look to Jim. Examples- 1. 2. I'll get more screenshots next time, the last session was limited by the ''moody'' lighting of River City Night.
    Wow. I look good, dead.

Network Hub
    Could one of you mechjocks please confirm that this works now, or do I have the security settings all wrong?

Fill out this form, which should take you to a google docs thing that will let you fill out your gaming related details.

You can then view a list of other players who play MWO and find a list of RPS people to add to your in-game friends list here, as a google spreadsheet thing.

Activated Node
    Yep works now. We inevitably have a few people who have just never happened to play together, so when they're both looking to play they can't see each other online. Add everyone on the spreadsheet and that shouldn't happen.

Network Hub
    In an upcoming patch we're about to get group sizes from 2-10 players. (No 11 player groups.)

I am excited. Are you excited?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Oooh you do look good!

I'm not sure if I am supposed to be excited about that, is that like premades?
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Activated Node
    Hello Guys,
    Added my self to your form, I play mwo since January last year on and off but at least a couple of times a month and more recently as I grew tired of bf4 for the moment. I tend to play during the week or weekend, nothing set in stone due to family life but it will be evenings. Feel free to add me to your friend list and I hope to meet you on the battlefield.

Btw does anyone know how and when you get bonus cbills and xp? Is it a daily thing or hourly or monthly etc.

Cheers.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You mean like the achievements? Those are only once, you can see the full list somewhere on the left. They sometimes do a double thingy weekend but not very often at all. Premium time with all the bonus stuff is paid for.

Bread?

right. ah well.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Obscure Node
    Anyone still playing this? I finally got my HOTAS back and am keen to get back into a bit of MWO. Although it's not a steam game, feel free to add me on steam to organise some play - if you don't have me already. I believe I still have you on my steam friends list Quanta (I should do!)

Steam profile link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/andinthegame/

I havent played in a while but a coordinated effort would bring me back. Ive played with pepper for a couple of hours of good fun. That was a great introduction to light mech combat.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Aye I still play, and a few peeps from the RPS Steam Chatroom do as well, I am sure we can organize some sort of effort.

Bread?

Activated Node
    Do you guys ever hang around in the mumble channel for MWO? There never seems to be anyone I'm there when I get a hankering to play and I gave up playing solo a long time ago, much better with people on voice chat.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Been away from city quite a lot during summer, if i'm not playing anything at the time, I occasionally go there in hopes someone pops up but as you said, it's barren lands.

Step away from the cashgrab please - move along gentlemen, move along.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I'm not really ever in the mumble no, it doesnt add much unless you can get a full lance of people in there, otherwise text comms during game are sufficient. 90% of the time you need to read what your team is doing anyway.

Bread?

Activated Node
    It doesn't add much to the game as such but I prefer to have someone to talk to when I play. Even if it's just about builds, tactics, comparing performance or whatever.

I used to have 4 friends and and we all played together most days. Once they stopped logging on to Skype I lost the will to play alone, I guess it feels lonely if that makes sense

Activated Node
    There's an unfortunate catch 22 since the new group queue/solo queue split was introduced. Drop solo and in my experience the games are relatively close, at worst games with scores like 12-4 but those don't feel too much like a stomp anyway. As for builds everyone is pretty much just playing what they want. The obvious downside being you're playing alone and that's less interesting.

Drop in a group and there are much more 12-0 or 12-1 rolls as even a 2 or 3 man is put into the same queue as 10 mans of l33t tryhards and their cookie cutter 2ERPPC+2gauss dwarfs, complete with the compulsory 2 artilleries each. While it's nice to be communicating and trying to work together the games still end up crushingly unfun as it becomes a test to see if you can survive the endless barrages of red smoke for long enough to get one-hit killed by a 60 damage alpha from a mile away. The combination of the match outcome being decided at spawn by the matchmaker and the gameplay itself being the stale ridgehumping and artillery contest make me want to be back in the solo queue.

My (relatively full) friends list has gone as dead as I've ever seen it since the change so I think everyone but the aforementioned game killing 10 mans has had a similar experience.
    Last edited by JackAttack; 15-08-2014 at 06:39 AM.

Activated Node
    Ah well I don't enjoy the game solo. It sounds like they mucked up matchmaking for small groups too. I guess it's time to write this one of for good, for me at least. It's a shame I love mech warrior style games and I hoped that they would do something good with this one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Funny thing, I was dropping with Toast and we both got put into different lances even though we were in a group together... So yeah, the matchmaking is as broken as ever.

Although when I have been playing solo I've mostly had total blowouts for either one side(12-0/0=12) Sometimes I couldnt even get some damage done with my Atlas due to the game's speed. I find this game to be a lot less fun since clanners have been introduced.

Lights I dont use anymore at all since it's all just one shot kill nowadays.

Bread?