View Poll Results: When would you like a regular gathering to play Mechwarrior Online to take place?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Monday

1 25.00%
  • Tuesday

0 0%
  • Wednesday

2 50.00%
  • Thursday

1 25.00%
  • Friday

2 50.00%
  • Saturday

1 25.00%
  • Sunday

1 25.00%
  • Every day at a specified time.

1 25.00%
  • I would prefer one-off events instead of regular events.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Don't uninstall it in any case, they said they'd always expand on the current test-client in order to keep the patches small.

Banned
    12 Vs 12 TEST TONIGHT! 6pm - 8pm UK time.

Yep, you read that correct guys.

Twelve PPC & Gauss boats Vs Twelve PUGS.

Bring your own SRMS and AC2s!

m0R3 PPC than u can handle frakkers!

Please note: Because this is a test you need to download the public test client from the MWO website which comes in at 2.5 gigs, so those with lousy connections may want to get on that as fast as humanly possible.

It's only two hours so plenty time for everyone to come and have a little fun.

Also this will be a recurring event each Thursday for the next two weeks or longer, so don't immediately uninstall the client after tonight

Activated Node
    Ask the devs 42 answers.

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/126...s-42-answered/

Mostly thorough, detailed answers which is nice. I have to say the lack of launch content is worrying. Collisions and non-instantaneous convergence won't make it in, and Community Warfare is going to scrape in at an embryonic stage.

My personal highlight:

''As for what is considered a balanced weapon, it is one that doesn’t stand out as the “be all end all, must have to succeed”. Nor should any weapon provide 0 benefit to the player.''

Has he never played this game? PPCs and flamers anyone?

Banned
    It was basically FUCK OFF: The Answer

I never seen such a keen fan base treated with such disregard, ever.

Got a strong case of buyers remorse now for my Phoenix pack.

I mean, the cheek to ask us if we want SRM buffs, the complete ignoring of the cheese builds. Fucking Hell. And they won't buff SRM's to what they were because Assault mechs can die to three volleys from a Splat Cat. WELL OF COURSE THEY FUCKING DO. It's a giant killer build. Useless for anything other than engaging big slow things at point blank range and mostly only on specific maps too. Even splat cats will have been nerfed somewhat by the meddling in the heat mechanics.

It doesn't help that there is already less content to this game than any previous MechWarrior game ever, gameplay wise.

And the fucking utter bullshit about reworking mech sizes to which their response seems to be, "umm it requires work, so no."

I don't understand why more of core concepts were not slotted in from the off, then tweaked as time went buy, rather than left as things which when implemented late effect game balance quite radically.

Instead PGi seems to be concentrating on making FUCK YEAH WE LIKE HEAVY METAL MECHS with fire and shit all over them that hardly anyone wants. It's like their imagination goes as far as 80's metal and that's it. DRAGON SLAYER. FANG & FLAME. MISERY. HEAVY METAL. FIREBRAND. 'Kin Hell. Seriously they need to get their fucking black emo fringes out of their faces and have a good look at the forums.

But hey ho I'll keep playing because I'm under served by the mech market.

At least until Titanfall comes out, providing EA don't fuck up harder than they did with SimCity.

Maybe Strike Vector will be amazing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Seriously they need to get their fucking black emo fringes out of their faces and have a good look at the forums.
    But they already said they didn't look at their own forums anymore since they are "too toxic" (geez, I wonder why). So they just hang out with their buddies at No Guts No Galaxy instead.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skhalt View Post
    But they already said they didn't look at their own forums anymore since they are "too toxic" (geez, I wonder why). So they just hang out with their buddies at No Guts No Galaxy instead.
    NGNG... I can't imagine them offering any real criticism since they profit off the game somewhat.

Listening is a good cure for toxicity I hear.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Ugh, I've been rather frustrated with the PPC lately. My mech can be in good health, and one of these PPC's walks up to me and one shots me through the cockpit and I die. Or the frontal armour and then the engine.. Its just, nothing I can defend against, I could pound them with rockets and lasers and they take a fair beating and they only need to aim and click to COMPLETELY DESTROY ME...

And yeah, I agree with the other criticism, not sure what Piranha's game is, but I had a lull of not playing for half a year, and the game barely changed ever since, not even much new content. I'd rather have them develop this in a proper game and let me pay full price, but with F2P I am always a bit hazardous with paying for stuff, since it might get nerfed(and oft does) and become totally useless. I've seen this in Planetside 2 and I have realized that its better to just play the game and unlock as you go along. Damn shame really.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Banned

Activated Node
    Patch time, notes are up.

http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/127...n-at-10am-pdt/

+SRMs up to 2.0 damage, usable now
    +Streaks have new targeting and no longer core bust
    -Streaks don't get the SRM damage buff, and are therefore now worthless
    -LRMs still have their core busting targeting
    +Acceptable heat penalties made it in. AC40 and 4PPC Stalkers slightly less overpowered.
    -Retarded heat penalties made it in. The ML, LL, SRM2, SRM4, and LRM15 limits seem arbitrary and nerf already mediocre builds. 2PPC+Gauss unaffected.
    -The main users of 2PPC+Gauss, poptarts, get a buff with reduced reticule shake.
    +New poptart mech available known as the Victor.
    +Choose your map in training grounds. Groundbreaking stuff here.
    +Artillery and airstrikes make your screen shake

Overall a good update balance wise, no idea how the heat penalties will effect people's builds. But still very little content when you consider there are only three or four patches left before launch.

Activated Node
    You forgot the most important piece:

• Certain cockpit items will now animate when you power down/power up your 'Mech.

High priority right there.

Banned
    There saving all the good stuff up obviously.

Oh boy, can't wait to fight across the entire galaxy in our merc corps... on the maps! XD XD XD !1

Activated Node
    So have been messing around in training grounds and had one regular match to test it isn't a glitch to training grounds, but is in fact works online too.

AC2s on a macro have some kind of hidden heat penalty. Within the first couple seconds of firing the heat scale will jump by about thirty percent. And that's each time you click. So if you open fire for a couple seconds, stop, and open fire again, you will end up at 60% heat within a dozen bullets. So with unfortunate timing you can overheat in 30 shots, or about 4 seconds, instead of the ~150 shots and ~15 seconds it takes when you are off a macro and firing at exactly the same rate of fire. It looks like a heat penalty of about 20 (bear in mind AC2s should generate 1 per shot). It feels like two ERPPCs are suddenly being fired whenever you open up, it's barely playable.

In conclusion PGI hates dakka and fun, PPCs only allowed, small AC users can fuck off.

Edit:So smurfy claims AC2s have a heat penalty for firing more than four at once. Since the penalty cooldown is 0.5, and the AC2 refire is 0.5, if you alpha fire three AC2s there is no penalty. But for some reason the macro triggers it, I guess all the shots are within 0.5 seconds of eachother so the heat skyrockets. Nice of that little penalty to be implemented, and verified by smurfy, and not mentioned in the patch notes at all. Really on board with this whole Pheonix refund idea now that my 3AC2 Shadowhawk is going to be an oven with legs.
    Last edited by JackAttack; 16-07-2013 at 08:43 PM.

Network Hub
    That's an interesting failing, on the AC/2 thing. Surely, for balance purposes, they want AC/2s to fire staggered and fast? Less damage on single point of impact, etcetera.

Banned
    Mechwednesday bump!

SRMS are fun :D

PPC boating is lessened :)

AC20 Boating is nerfed :|

DAKKA DAKKA is also nerfed :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hmm, I dont think any of this affects my LRM catapult much. Havent looked into my Jenner yet.

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So, I've been rather succesfull with my Jenner, running between the legs of the big boys, resorting to scouting at the beginning of the round and reporting enemy movement and sweeping in mid game trying to distort/distract the enemy megs by blowing off arms and back armour. Works like a charm when they suddenly focus all their fire on me(and mostly miss) and allowing my own heavy's to gain some good power focused on them.

One thing that has been bothering me though, why do you get more points for a kill assist then a actual kill? Is it presumed that the kill assist is early game damage? or is it determined by blowing up armour or components? I find it slightly baffling, although you do get more XP for a kill then for a assist. So, whats the deal/

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    More Jenner questions:

"Pulse lasers. Pulse lasers! PULSE LASERS!!!
    If you're fast enough (150km/h) small pulses are the thing: very good DPS, low heat, high damage concentration, it's imho the best weapon for a very fast light mech, especially versus other lights. What interests us here is the damage concentration, it helps a lot when it comes to hitting the legs. For heavy mechs, LPL are beasty, but I'm not sure it optimal because they're really heavy"

from here: http://www.mechspecs.com/forum/index.php?topic=2321.0

How true rings the above statement?

Bread?

Banned

Activated Node
    Pepper that's semi-accurate but not the full story. They are better at a close range brawl between lights, but that's a niche role. The medium lasers are nearly as good in the same situations, but they have three times the range so are much more well rounded.

Keep in mind on average only one or two enemies will be lights whereas six or so will be heavier. So the range of medium lasers becomes relevant much more often than the small pulse burn time. Just think what you'd rather have while harassing a brawler like a Splatcat or D-DC. Running up to them to get your small pulse in range is laughable and will get you blown away by SRMs.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yes, I've switched back to medium lasers for the last couple of matches and I feel like im packing a bigger punch. I also noticed that I have more kills(one match with 4! and one with 2) and a lot more assists.

So, any oppinions on PPC's on a Jenner? I would love to play with them but its rather annoying you cannot test a loadout before buying it.

Bread?