View Poll Results: When would you like a regular gathering to play Mechwarrior Online to take place?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Monday

1 25.00%
  • Tuesday

0 0%
  • Wednesday

2 50.00%
  • Thursday

1 25.00%
  • Friday

2 50.00%
  • Saturday

1 25.00%
  • Sunday

1 25.00%
  • Every day at a specified time.

1 25.00%
  • I would prefer one-off events instead of regular events.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I've gone all photographer on Mechwarrior Online:

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
    Last edited by pepper; 23-07-2013 at 12:06 PM.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Well played, Jack!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Congrats Jack! Very good job!

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Has anyone seen the new Jenner D(S)?

http://mwomercs.com/sarah

Quite a touching story..

Bread?

Cool shots Broski.

Nim
    Steam: tryqus

Activated Node
    Slightly peeved that sneaky russian woke up and played a few hours in the last few hours of the tourney while I slept and overtook me, but he was playing a brawling build and was a bloody good player so it was a well earned win. I outscored the hordes of tryhard 3PPC+Gauss Highlander players with a laughable 3AC2 build (and caused a lot of in-game rage in the process) and that's good enough.

I'll probably go for the next tournament as well, I thought the unanimous hatred of cappers and the lack of premades made for much better games than usual.

As for balance since the last patch now that I've had (too much) time to play it I can say it is better than before. There is more weapon variety, but the game is still all about alphas and weight. At least now you can brawl and snipers kill you slightly slower.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I agree with that conclusion Jack, what sort of build did you run?

Bread?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So, I want to go Spider D with double heavy leasers and ECM, any strong opinions about this? I desire the speed and lower silhoutte.

Bread?

Speaking as a long term Spider pilot who's probably logged more time in a Spider D than in any other mech... Spiders are terrible. Just terrible. The D is the best of them, but it's still not very good.

I mean, I really enjoy it, but every other light mech is a better choice.

And I don't think you can actually fit two large lasers in it anyway. Hmm... no, it seems you can. Actually that's not as horribly slow as I'd thought, but there's not much point playing a Spider if you have to drop the jumpjets. Or I guess you can do this and have jumpjets, but you'll be pretty slow.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Well, I love my Jenner D and I've been quite succesfull with it, hence I figured I try and switch it up a bit. The Raven doesnt really do it for me. It just looks silly to be frank.. It reminds me too much of a misformed chicken.

Btw, Smurf's says your loadout is not possible anymore. Its something similair I was looking at, although a notch faster.

Bread?

Oh, yeah just move the ECM to the other torso.

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    I'll probably go for the next tournament as well, I thought the unanimous hatred of cappers and the lack of premades made for much better games than usual.
    Jack's way of saying we're shit and he'd much rather drop solo, and here I was about to say you'll always be nr.1 in my heart even though you came second in the tournament.

Banned
    Looks like we got a 'summer' creative update

Le Linkypoo

Lava map on Tuesday with bitz u cant walk on.

Third person view in the test server next week with a final ETA in august.

Community warfare coming in three separate chunks.

The most interesting pieces:

Weapon balancing will be undergoing numerous changes on the road to launch. First up Large Energy Weapons will be going through multiple iterations in terms of their base performance variables. Cooldown, durations, heat, damage are all being looked at. There is a focus on Large Pulse and Medium Pulse to give them a bit of a bigger edge over their standard counterparts. The PPC/ERPPCs will be getting a 1 point base heat increase. (MORE PAIN 2 BOATERZ YES PLZ)

Investigating the roles of Medium and Light Mechs on the battlefield. We will be attacking this from two different fronts. While still under heavy investigation, weight balancing during match making will restrict the number of heavies/assaults that a team will be able to bring to the battlefield. There are multiple ways to approach this but we are taking our time to ensure we pick the right path to maximize the effectiveness of what we can do in the short term. Second is a series of quirk adjustments that will emphasise the lines between the Mech classes. First in line will be the Medium Mechs with a series of agility buffs coming their way. A tertiary sub-objective for us, is to increase the kinds of rewards that are given for various types of gameplay, meaning, pilots will get more CB/XP for performing specific tasks that are ideal for the Medium and Light Mechs. Capturing a base can earn players more rewards the more frequently they do it in a given match.

Capturing a base can earn players more rewards the more frequently they do it in a given match

Capturing a base can earn players more rewards the more frequently they do it in a given match

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That could be very interesting or disastrous, but I take it they are talking about conquest and not assault mode?

Bread?

Yeah I keep filtering Conquest mode out so it's not exactly a big deal.

Love the "Third person view in the test server next week with a final ETA in august." bit, it always amazes me there are people so lacking in common sense they're able to miss the point of their own game, even as hundreds of players try to explain it to them. It's like the MLG stuff on Planetside 2, you can tell them "No. Now stop wasting your resources please." forever and they just keep going.

Activated Node
    The PPC/ERPPCs will be getting a 1 point base heat increase.
    Great, so builds that want to add one PPC to round out their weaponry get shafted too.

You know as soon as PPCs get nerffed down far enough it's going to be all Gauss boats forever.