View Poll Results: When would you like a regular gathering to play Mechwarrior Online to take place?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Monday

1 25.00%
  • Tuesday

0 0%
  • Wednesday

2 50.00%
  • Thursday

1 25.00%
  • Friday

2 50.00%
  • Saturday

1 25.00%
  • Sunday

1 25.00%
  • Every day at a specified time.

1 25.00%
  • I would prefer one-off events instead of regular events.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I would like to see a progressive map gamemode. The map opens up with an scouting lance for the first minute while a medium/heavy lance comes in a minute later then an Assault lance joins at 3 minutes. It would make for a more natural battle scenario then drop in same location Deathmatch. Probably would only work on maps large enough where it took 5 minutes for a light mech to traverse.

I liked the remote resupply, patch repair mobile units in Mechwarrior.

Activated Node
    http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/137...2#entry2798592

Boar's Head is out. 6E 1B 1M. Engine limit of 400. New city map released. Jump Jets now provide a slight forward thrust on take off. Atlases now have visual changes with different weapons.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yes, it does look all very interesting.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Swayze View Post
    Look how shit MWO looks compared with LL and at the features a low budget Xbox title managed to cram in.
    Patrick Swayze is generally just all about lying and throwing dirt. Ignore him.

Look at the delightful graphic posted, for one. On the right, representing MWO, you have some screenshots obviously taken at low quality and a bunch of others that are just stretched and skewed and generally messed up and so full of compression artifacts that it's hardly anything anymore, and generally just pictures taken of situations that are completely different to the ones in the center.

Comparing apples to oranges, a speciality of trolls everywhere.
    Last edited by PoulWrist; 02-10-2013 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PoulWrist View Post
    Patrick Swayze is generally just all about lying and throwing dirt. Ignore him.

Look at the delightful graphic posted, for one. On the right, representing MWO, you have some screenshots obviously taken at low quality and a bunch of others that are just stretched and skewed and generally messed up and so full of compression artifacts that it's hardly anything anymore, and generally just pictures taken of situations that are completely different to the ones in the center.

Comparing apples to oranges, a speciality of trolls everywhere.
    Good grief, the fanboy has finally found this thread after telling everyone how great the game is on the comments. Still happy with the awesome launch they managed to squeeze out? You are aware Patrick is one of the people that made up the core group of the RPS Mechwarrior group? If anyone is going to be ignored, it's you.

Obscure Node
    Listn mah bruv swayZ (p.b.u.h.) woz da pinnacle of fanboi 4 dis game & if u read da thread you will C how much

troll or no troll, b& or not b&, provin yourself as worsa troll

Quote Originally Posted by Gurrah View Post
    Good grief, the fanboy has finally found this thread after telling everyone how great the game is on the comments. Still happy with the awesome launch they managed to squeeze out? You are aware Patrick is one of the people that made up the core group of the RPS Mechwarrior group? If anyone is going to be ignored, it's you.
    Fanboy? Not at all. You might look up descriptions of what that means. I figure you might be what they call a "hater", someone who has no rationality and just rages on about whatever, calling everyone who has a different opinion a fanboy and without critical sense. Well, tough. You're wrong and your assumptions just make you look an ass. Sorry dude.
    Also you'll find me posting in this thread ages ago, but what with 9 people voting total, I figured there was no reason whatsoever to follow it. But I figured that since hey, it works for other games, so maybe it works here again. But lo and behold, liar #1 is all over it with his lies. Can't leave that hanging.

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK KNIGHT View Post
    Listn mah bruv swayZ (p.b.u.h.) woz da pinnacle of fanboi 4 dis game & if u read da thread you will C how much

troll or no troll, b& or not b&, provin yourself as worsa troll
    Despite your ridiculous typing, there's the general problem with raging fanboys also becoming the worst retardo trolling haters. Pretty sad state of mind, really. But hey, lies are there to be exposed, not accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by PoulWrist View Post
    Fanboy? Not at all. You might look up descriptions of what that means. I figure you might be what they call a "hater", someone who has no rationality and just rages on about whatever, calling everyone who has a different opinion a fanboy and without critical sense. Well, tough. You're wrong and your assumptions just make you look an ass. Sorry dude.
    Also you'll find me posting in this thread ages ago, but what with 9 people voting total, I figured there was no reason whatsoever to follow it. But I figured that since hey, it works for other games, so maybe it works here again. But lo and behold, liar #1 is all over it with his lies. Can't leave that hanging.

Despite your ridiculous typing, there's the general problem with raging fanboys also becoming the worst retardo trolling haters. Pretty sad state of mind, really. But hey, lies are there to be exposed, not accepted.
    My calling you a fanboy isn't in the least based on rage, it's based on your opinions you've laid out in the comments section of the frontpage-post about the "launch" of MWO. You showed quite clearly that you are the one that is wearing blinders and stuck to your opinion about the game not having any problems at all and everything being peachy, even after people listed different faults and decisions in development that lead to an uproar within the community. Good for you though that you're enjoying the game as it is, this group has more or less disbanded due to a developer actively working against it's core playerbase.

Ages ago? You've posted in June, this thread was started in December last year which is where the 9 votes originate from. You actually posted during high season I'd say and yet I never saw you on mumble. But i reckon it's for the best.

But thanks for stopping by and digging out personal grudges in a thread for the RPS MWO-group which you never really bothered to be a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurrah View Post
    My calling you a fanboy isn't in the least based on rage, it's based on your opinions you've laid out in the comments section of the frontpage-post about the "launch" of MWO. You showed quite clearly that you are the one that is wearing blinders and stuck to your opinion about the game not having any problems at all and everything being peachy, even after people listed different faults and decisions in development that lead to an uproar within the community. Good for you though that you're enjoying the game as it is, this group has more or less disbanded due to a developer actively working against it's core playerbase.

Ages ago? You've posted in June, this thread was started in December last year which is where the 9 votes originate from. You actually posted during high season I'd say and yet I never saw you on mumble. But i reckon it's for the best.

But thanks for stopping by and digging out personal grudges in a thread for the RPS MWO-group which you never really bothered to be a part of.
    No, I am not posting at all with blinders on. I have absolutely no illusions about the shortcomings of various parts of the game or the problems with it. What I won't do, though, is lie it all much worse.
    I also disagree entirely with you on the ragey matter of the developers actively working against the "core playerbase", since all I've seen is them combating problematic situations. Did you not like "ghost heat"? Did you think it was the stupidest choice ever made? OK. But it worked and largely removed all the problematic instakill builds doing the rounds, making a varied weapon loadout and the managing of weapongroups and multiple weapon types a thing.

Do you disagree? Did it not do those things?

Could they have done it otherwise? Possibly. Limit hardpoints to certain weapontypes as was suggested? Bad idea. Consider what the implications would be. Increase heat pr. weapon? Bad idea. Some of them were borderline too hot already. No, out of all the possible solutions, of which there weren't really a lot based on what they had to work with, it was a pretty decent solution. Confusing? Possibly, but not too problematic to explain that multiple weapons of the same type will cause a greater heatbuildup.

I would consider June ages ago in this age of patches and new games every week. I generally don't really bother with looking at the gamegroups here because I tend to play with friends, but FPS aren't their thing, and I thought I might do something more casual than the clanplay I was involved with, which was also largely US based. But then, pretty much all you see is a bunch of bitter whiners like the ones on the MWO boards. Uncritically bashing everything, because they got a bit of entitlement syndrome and the general cluelesness of the rageboy. Or whatever you want to call the inverted fanboy.

Both of you, quit it. Take your arguments to PMs or somewhere out of this forum.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...?104-The-Rules
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

"It's frankly embarrassing. The mods on here are woeful."

"I wrinkled my nose at QC being a mod."

"At least he has some personality."

Activated Node
    What QuantaCat said. This thread is for big stompy robits punching slightly smaller stompy robits into submission, not anime highschool drama.

A picture of the Flea was posted on twitter, it's as tiny as it should be. It's going to be incredibly hard to hit, but like the Commando the cockpit will be hilariously out of scale unless it's piloted by dwarfs. Played that new map a couple of times and it's a mixed bag. Some fun urban fights can happen, but the map is just as badly balanced between the two teams as Alpine. One side spawns near high ground can can just sit on it to win, the other team is forced to either go under them and die slowly to shots raining down or enter brutal choke points.

I'm almost certain it's the back of a Locust being looked at from the cockpit of a Locust, Jack.

Activated Node
    Always getting the Flea and Locust the wrong way round. With only twenty tons there isn't exactly much difference. Machine guns, medium lasers, sanics. Though it's third person, not from the cockpit of another Locust.
    Jenner size comparison picture.
    Nice looking helicopter exterior.
    Climbing frame cockpit. Hopefully at higher FoVs the windows off to the sides are more visible. In that view it's more bar than glass. In fact I noticed that some of those blinding bars are on the outside. Went and looked at the pheonix page and it's because of the unique geometry. This sounds absurd but the payed-for version has a more obtrusive blinding cockpit than the free version.

Shadowhawk model.
    With Flame. Unfortunately incredibly tall, but otherwise that model is perfect.
    Thunderbolt model.
    Battlemaster model angle 1. Angle 2. This one strays further from the concept art, I think I might end up preferring the regular version without the shoulder bumps.
    Last edited by JackAttack; 10-10-2013 at 09:50 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Aah neat.

Yeah, the game doesnt let me play the new map :( It just doesnt drop me in it!

Bread?

Network Hub
    Anyone other than me hang onto their phoenix packs? *Is... looking forward to tomorrow.*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    A friend of mine that I play with has taken 3 days of work to play with them :)

Bread?

Activated Node
    http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/139...6#entry2840286

-Each individual shell from an airstrike/artillery now deals 40 damage, up from 10.
    -Every non-ECM light now has a higher engine cap and other mobility buffs.
    -All Locusts available to everyone. There is the 4B 1E one we already knew about, a 5E 2AMS variant and a 4M 1E variant.
    -Pheonix mechs available.

Network Hub
    Hooray! I had fun blowing up robots. (And getting blown up -- let's face it.)

Activated Node
    So now that the dust has settled, thoughts on Pheonix mechs? I love the Shadowhawk, absolutely recommend it once it's out for C-Bills. I'd say it made every other medium obsolete but certain Heavies and Assaults have been doing that for months.

Don't have the Thunderbolt or Battlemaster but I am enjoying just how wide they are as targets and how many have XLs mounted in their huge shoulders. In games full of pseudo-Awesomes the one good medium mech is king.

http://www.twitch.tv/bryanekman/b/472237522
    A look at UI 2.0 and if you skip to later in the video the Moon Base map, apparently built by the Borg.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Hmm interesting, no strong opinion about the Phoenix package since I dont have any mechs from it. What I do have noticed is that the old mechs are hardly used this week :). Also Locusts are easy to kill!

Bread?