View Poll Results: When would you like a regular gathering to play Mechwarrior Online to take place?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Monday

1 25.00%
  • Tuesday

0 0%
  • Wednesday

2 50.00%
  • Thursday

1 25.00%
  • Friday

2 50.00%
  • Saturday

1 25.00%
  • Sunday

1 25.00%
  • Every day at a specified time.

1 25.00%
  • I would prefer one-off events instead of regular events.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I think its pretty and really like the look of it.
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Activated Node
    Couple more from a more favourable angle. 1 2

Torso looks better when not being looked at from below but those are still some mighty legs. I've seen it guessed that these differences from the art in terms of proportions might have balance reasons- the tall legs countering the gorilla arms on bumpy terrain, the shortened torso stopping it having Stalker-esque side torsos that are huge targets from the side (when the ear launchers are giving them a hitbox already) etc.
    Last edited by JackAttack; 11-04-2014 at 01:58 PM.

Network Hub
    When collisions are re-implemented, those will be THE legs for stepping on lights. >.>

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I think they just went with the Catapult legs as a basics, that would make sense I suppose.

Bread?

Goddamnit, now I started playing. Me and a bunch of the perpetuum online guys are playing together.

wargh. I dont have time for this. atleast it seems like a game you can just pick up and play at any time, without really missing anything.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Network Hub
    FWIW, if you guys are gonna go do the public test server thing today, you can come and see my Golden Madcat of +1 shininess.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Oooh you are one of the chosen ones then!

Bread?

Network Hub
    I bribed Comstar!

I have no idea why I haven't played this before, but installing now. Will be noobing around soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyturnedred View Post
    I have no idea why I haven't played this before, but installing now. Will be noobing around soon.
    just remember not to spend everything at once. the rate you get C-bills in the beginning you dont get again after those achievements run out.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yes exactly, first get a couple of million of Cbills and have a good run with all the trial mechs, then see what fits your playing style best. Most default loadouts of mechs are subpar.

Bread?

Network Hub
    Yeah. As others said, you have a string of achievements that give you nice bonus earnings for your early matches, which are intended to help you buy your first 'mech. So wait until you've gotten all the cadet bonuses, and until you've tried out a couple of 'mechs you like the look of, before you actually buy any.

And keep in mind, the expensive part is not the mech, it's upgrading it. XL Engines (Faster, lighter, more fragile, take up more space), Endo-Steel (Lighter, take up more space) and Double Heat Sinks (Helps with heat massively) are all fairly expensive upgrades. (Endo-steel's the cheapest, really.) XL engines you can swap between 'mechs, but the other two are locked to the specific chassis, so when you buy an XL, make sure you can use it in more than one build you enjoy using.

A good XL engine size is an XL-280, and is usable in a lot of heavy builds, some medium builds, and some light builds.

Experiment a little here: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/

Also, Centurions (Especially the CN-9A) make for reasonable noob-starter mechs, because they have the ability to mount at least one of every major weapon system (Autocannons, Lasers, SRMs or LRMs) other than PPCs, and therefore let you try out a lot of things at sub-optimal efficiency, but at relatively low price point. Other good options for a 'try it all' mech include the Shadowhawk SH-2D, most Dragons (although they are not your usual heavy), and Jagermech JM-6A. But, seriously, try them out in Trial before buying any of 'em. There are more efficient mechs for doing specific things, obviously.
    Last edited by JimTheDog; 17-06-2014 at 11:08 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Is there some specific time/day people play?

I occasionally look at the icon and think "hmm, could play, i wonder if anyone's online", but i rarely bother to log in just to check and can't be arsed to play it that much all alone. The poll is quite dated.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Me and a few other chaps in the Steam RPS Chatroom play every now and then, nothing pre-determined though, we play when the mood grabs us.

Bread?

Network Hub
    We should have another poll or something, really. Get somewhat more _organized._

Network Hub
    Here. Fill out this form instead of a poll.

It will take you to a google docs thing that will let you fill out your gaming related details.

You can then view a list of other players who play MWO and hang out with RPS here, as a google spreadsheet thing.

Network Hub
    For those who haven't logged into MWO for awhile, there's a special on Jenners/Hunchbacks/Catapults/Atlases, which are now half off for MC and C-Bills.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Did any of you spot the gold mechs yet?

Bread?

Network Hub
    Whoops. Apparently failed to make the form's results public...

... Or make the form itself public.

JESUS SOMEBODY TELL ME THESE THINGS

( This might work now. If it doesn't, yell at me. Here. Fill out this form instead of a poll.

It will take you to a google docs thing that will let you fill out your gaming related details.

You can then view a list of other players who play MWO and hang out with RPS here, as a google spreadsheet thing.)

Activated Node
    Pepper we have our very own Midascat owner in RPS, just look to Jim. Examples- 1. 2. I'll get more screenshots next time, the last session was limited by the ''moody'' lighting of River City Night.