View Poll Results: When would you like a regular gathering to play Mechwarrior Online to take place?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Monday

1 25.00%
  • Tuesday

0 0%
  • Wednesday

2 50.00%
  • Thursday

1 25.00%
  • Friday

2 50.00%
  • Saturday

1 25.00%
  • Sunday

1 25.00%
  • Every day at a specified time.

1 25.00%
  • I would prefer one-off events instead of regular events.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
    Activated Node
    I want a better/more balanced version of chronehounds to be made, the mech building and tradeoffs on that game were much more fun to play around with. Instead of just variant x/y/z with hard points and invisible slots you had to actually build a mech and the choice of legs, cockpit etc was important.

Plus it actually made you feel big and stompy. Instead of just a tank on legs with limited turning. I was gutted when they turned off the servers.

Are there any decent mech games single/multiplayer that capture this or is mech warrior online still the only current offering?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I think your stuck with MWO, although MW3/4 can be found freely only via torrents, a company bought and spread those versions around for free a few years ago(mektek?).
    PS2/NS2/Mumble: SirWigglyBottom
    Steam: The Almighty Snark

Bread?

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    Funny thing, I was dropping with Toast and we both got put into different lances even though we were in a group together... So yeah, the matchmaking is as broken as ever.
    That's what happens when you're the only 2 person group in a team full of other groups. Say there is a group of four, two groups of three, and you. To give those groups a lance each your group has to be split to bring the two groups of three up to full lances of four.

Jersey keep an eye on M.A.V and Heavy Gear Assault.

Activated Node
    Will do thanks

Activated Node
    Vindicator is almost out, and it's terrible. It's the same size profile from the front as a 55 tonner, but compared to those it has fewer hardpoints, less armour/internal hp, less tonnage for weapons, worse weapon locations and insultingly it's somehow slower. It's also ugly, and not in a charming Dragon/Cataphract way. A lot of people are saying it barely looks like an IS mech, or like a mech from MWO at all and I can see what they mean. I love shitmechs and I can't think of a single redeeming thing about it.

The model
    The old art

Mhmhm, I see what you mean but I think the impression of the 'mech not being from MWO comes from the crisper appearance (higher resolution textures?) and the model seem to have more polys as well – it looks so defined whereas the Cent to left looks rather muddy and a bit blurred even. But I do feel the design doesn't fit into the more industrial looking IS mechs, the shapes look more like plastic moulds rather than steel. But more importantly: How dare you call the 'Phract ugly!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Come on, the phract is damned ugly. Bloody worst bastard I've ever seen even. Now take a proper decent looking mech like the catapult, thats what a fine mech looks like!

Yeah I can see, lets wait what they do with it though.

Bread?

Activated Node
    True, the Catapult was once a handsome beast. Not so much anymore. What I was getting at is that the phract has some charm to its goofy looks, and they fit the frankenmech lore. Whereas the Vindicator is ugly in another sense, clipping into itself at the head and generally looking like a plastic toy.

What do you mean wait and see what they do with it? The hero is in game and its variants are on smurfy. And said variants are what I was basing what I said earlier on. No quirks, low engine cap, few hardpoints. It's bad.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I agree the stupid visuals on the weapons with the catapult dont make any sense at all.

Oh really, didnt see it ingame yet.. Shame. Doesnt fit at all.

Bread?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Ya, Phract powa! Don't be dissin it <.<

If some of you still play, you could find me on steam (same name, in few rps groups) and pop me a message there to come out and play.
    Haven't played in a while and can't play on this or next weekend, but i might be available at times.

Network Hub
    Hey,

So I've been playing MWO off and on for a while now, last time was a couple of months ago. How is the game looking? Has the whole faction warfare thing got off the ground? Should I give my ECM spider another go? Is RPS playing regularly together? Am I asking too many questions?

Quote Originally Posted by notenome View Post
    Hey,

So I've been playing MWO off and on for a while now, last time was a couple of months ago. How is the game looking? Has the whole faction warfare thing got off the ground? Should I give my ECM spider another go? Is RPS playing regularly together? Am I asking too many questions?
    Same as always. No. Up to you. No. Yes.

Network Hub
    hmm, I see. Last time around I played with a fellow rpser whose ingame handle was 'And in the game'. Was hoping to find him somewhere around here.

Quote Originally Posted by notenome View Post
    hmm, I see. Last time around I played with a fellow rpser whose ingame handle was 'And in the game'. Was hoping to find him somewhere around here.
    Don't know if ADB is actually on the forums here, but as I "said" in my rather rude and short-cut answer, to my knowledge RPSRM is very much in hibernation unless PGI decide to do things that excite us. You might catch one of us in game but there are no regular events or evenings of stompy robots to be had at the moment. Sorry.