View Poll Results: When would you like a regular gathering to play Mechwarrior Online to take place?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Monday

1 25.00%
  • Tuesday

0 0%
  • Wednesday

2 50.00%
  • Thursday

1 25.00%
  • Friday

2 50.00%
  • Saturday

1 25.00%
  • Sunday

1 25.00%
  • Every day at a specified time.

1 25.00%
  • I would prefer one-off events instead of regular events.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    ... Why not WHITE and our favourite colour? >.> Also PCGamerskin totally marks us all out as TRAITORS TO RPS. RPS FOREVER, PCGAMER IS BOO!

I would suggest, actually, any two favourite colours (even if they are the same) + white (colour of the RPS header text) as a highlight, on the mech's default skin. (Camo Light Grey, at 500 MC, also looks pretty much like white.)

Banned
    IT DOESN'T SAY PCG ANYWHERE AND IT HAS SICK LINES BRO.

White and grey seems to provide hyper visibility.

In other news, I just took my Jager A-variant for a walk and oh my - without LRM's pummeling my upper torso, and legs for that matter, this thing really is a joy to pilot. Even the giant cockpit hitbox isn't nearly as vulnerable as it was the last three days. Looking forward to this weekend and hopefully a lot of pew-pew, swoosh-swoosh and dakka-dakka.

Banned
    I spy with my 12x zoom optical sensor, some huge and pink 0_0

Network Hub
    Rhondaaaaa~

Obscure Node
    Not sure when this happened but the game isn't a slide show for me anymore which means I would like to join in some RPS action. Anything special I need to know before I mess up your tic tacs?

Banned
    Well we all use the generously provided RPS community mumble detailed in the first post, so it's best if you have a headset.

We have a small but dedicated little clan going that spreads world wide but we mostly get together around GMT times and as such in the evenings.

If nobody is on in the Mechwarrior channel just lurk for a while, someone will most likely pop up.

The game gets especially active around patch day and just after.

Also to JimTheDoggy: Would you mind editing your first post and perhaps adding other times we play like the bi weekly patch tuesdays?

Network Hub
    WE should probably start a new thread that is not a poll, though. Presumably.

Banned
    BUT WILL IT NEED A NEW NAME?

Rock Paper SRM?

Rock Paper LBX?

Rock Coolant Flush Win?

Network Hub
    Well, no! But that's part of the point - 'Organized Mechwarrior Nights' doesn't even have our glorious name in it!

Edit: I updated the original post. Yes, no, maybe?
    Last edited by JimTheDog; 25-03-2013 at 07:51 AM. Reason: OH GOD I LOVE EDITTING I AM LIKE AN EDITTING MACHINE

Banned
    Definately yes.

It's got everything everyone needs and new players can find us all via the steam group.

Activated Node
    There is a Steam group?! Nobody told me :(
    Some pew pew tonight! I luv my K2 even if I struggle to get more than 200dmg out of it :/

btw... I seem to play everything like a brawler until I get to know better...
    I just thought that maybe I could just grab a brawler... What should I take for a real brawler?

Network Hub
    Out of the box, Cataphract 1x or Cataphract 3D loadouts aren't too bad, although both will love you for some upgrades and attention.

To be fair, ever since we started playing regularly the Steam-group hasn't seen much use.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ramirezfm View Post
    There is a Steam group?! Nobody told me :(
    Some pew pew tonight! I luv my K2 even if I struggle to get more than 200dmg out of it :/

btw... I seem to play everything like a brawler until I get to know better...
    I just thought that maybe I could just grab a brawler... What should I take for a real brawler?
    Dude, get 2 x AC10 and 4 x Medium laser.

Can go for max damage and group fire the AC10 or chain fire and rattle some skulls. The Lasers will run you hot but pack a nice punch. One of my most successful builds tbh.

What does the rulebook say about brawlers by the way? In my mind AC20's, medium/small Lasers, LBX 10's and SRM's constitute as weapons ideal for brawling but I might be totally off here and the role of a brawler is described differently in the official documentation of the Mechwarrior-universe. Enlighten me!

Network Hub
    So I hear it's a double-XP weekend?

(Also, for Brawlers on tabletop --> http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Brawler )

Obscure Node
    I'd like to start off buying a Brawler type mech. I used to like playing with a Loki during Mechwarrior 4 and using LBX Autocannons.

I have looked at the mechs available but can't decide which is the best base to start from. Don't really want to send real world money on a lemon.

Any advice?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I'd like to start off buying a Brawler type mech. I used to like playing with a Loki during Mechwarrior 4 and using LBX Autocannons.

I have looked at the mechs available but can't decide which is the best base to start from. Don't really want to send real world money on a lemon.

Any advice?
    Well if you want a hero mech, the Pretty Baby or Fang are capable of being decent brawlers. If not, there is the Hunchback 4SP, Catapult K2 (no, really) Cataphract 4X, the Dragon 5N.

We actually have another topic on this board specifically for mech builds, and further afield there is the MWO forums (search mech of your choice + brawler to find builds) and the No Guts No Galaxy youtube channel which show cases some phenomenal builds.

LBX seem a little nerfed at the minute, and aren't seeing much use which pains me because in MW3 and MWLL it was one of my go to weapons.

No clan mechs till Sept 21st though I'm afriad.

In game though, your first 20 odd matches net you increased income so you'll be able to buy roughly any mech you want after a while, just takes a bit of dallying with the trial builds which are good for teaching you how to manage your heat and that's it.

Banned
    Feelin a little MAD tonight guys.

There's a Hero Highlander coming tonight but no regular version.

So tonight's patch night festivities is dubbed.

OPERATION HIGHLANDER: THERE CAN ONLY BE NONE.

Anyone sighted in the pink "HEAVY METAL" hero mech, we focus fire till they go down.

We scout for them we find them we kill them and spoil some people's nights yes, but its IN PROTEST!