Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    IGN - Athruin

my roles that i like to do - im enjoying playing my medic and running around as an engineer

My main Certs - im focusing these into my medic

My goal - to be the best medic i can possibly be and keep my squad/platoon alive!!

my pro tip - dont run in front of a team mate firing a rocket XD

my ideas for are squad or "and" outfit - (TBC)

Obscure Node
    IGN - Zakski

main roles - infiltrator, heavy assault, sunderer driver, reaver close air support

certs - squad beacon, sunderer ams, rocket pods amongst others

my goal - support more aggressive members of our outfit

Obscure Node
    IGN - Malenti

main role - infiltrator, although I am game to give any of the classes a go

main certs - going for the sneaky stuff first as I am loving the sneaky stuff.

goal - to have fun and introduce Vanu to high caliber bullets.

my pro tip - don't get frustrated, some days you are the pigeon and other days the statue.. although as NC we ALWAYS seem to be the statue......

my ideas for squad and outfit - kill stuff, blow stuff up and have fun!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    IGN - Bankrotas

main role - Heavy assault and max, Light assaul, medic

main certs - Max certs, light assault certed with double c4, heavy with annihilator, lvl 6 medigun, ams+ammo sundy and the list goes on. Not much specced in vehicles, reaver only.

goal - to grind down all enemy vehicle ashes into a diamond and learn art of leadership.

my pro tip: Always remember what squad and squad number are you, it helps squadmates find you easier, when you ask them for something. And remember to use compass when telling squad about incoming enemies.
    Last edited by Bankrotas; 10-02-2013 at 02:32 PM.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

ING - Qwicol

Main role - Heavy Assault and Infiltrator [sniper]

Main certs - focusing on heavy, farming for G2A missile launcher and looking at MAX in the future.

Goal - to shoot more accurately and to stop lying on ground too often

Pro tip - pointy end at the enemy, always.

Ingame - Crustycuffs

Main Role - Heavy Assault and Engineer

Main Certs - For now I'm just experimenting with stuff, I've put most into Heavy

Goal - Freedom. Actually I'd like to learn to fly properly, and by properly I mean "not into mountains".

Pro-tip - Playing hungover is painful

I'm new to the outfit and the game so just learning and picking stuff up. I did pick up some SC during the triple deal last friday, and I'm not ashamed to admit I spent some on armour and a skullmask, because I'm an armour fiend...
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

Thought I'd better complete this as I (still) don't have a mic yet, hence the overkill on the certs section.

IGN - eltdown

My roles that i like to do - Usually gravitate to Engi or HA

My main Certs -
    MAX: dual bursters and dual AV (I know, I know)
    Reaver: A2A and A2G
    Flash: Scout radar
    Lightning: Skyguard, HE
    Sunderer: AMS only for now
    Engi: AP and AT mines, also have the smoke grenade launcher (not that it's much good against those with low effects settings)
    HA: G2A launcher (pre-Annihilator)

My goal - to have fun, of course! I like flying Reavers a lot, but it's... risky at the moment

my pro tip - don't stay still when you're flying a Reaver (unless you have cover), especially with the current state of G2A. Take the time to listen for footsteps if you're stalking or being stalked. Infiltrator's cloaked visibility, including visibility to HSNV scopes, is currently borked.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    My fellow traitors, while we are not as numerous as our savannah based cousins, we still manage to make a difference on the battlefield. We frequently hold back or push back superior forces. In many cases our streamlined numbers and flexibility are what allow us to do this. To this end, I would like to propose a particular tactical structure that we might be able to experiment with. I would also like to recommend that we adopt the polar bear as our mascot, as Esamir frikken rocks and we look sexalicious in white.

Combat teams

Each soldier is assigned to a combat team of a particular type:

Each team type has a general set of classes that it contains, but is not limited to these.
    Fire teams: Heavy assault, maxes, engineer, medic, MBT, etc.
    Scout teams: Light assault, infiltrator, engineer, medic, ESF, lightnings
    Support teams: Engineers, medics, sunderers, liberators, galaxies

Each team contains 3-5 soldiers, with one acting as team leader. This means no one is forced to play as a particular class, but can choose a general ‘playstyle’ that they enjoy. Ideally each team would have a medic and/or engineer, but wouldn’t necessarily need them.

Structure:

The platoon leader directs combat teams to objectives and tasks each team with a particular task. Crucially, however, within that ‘task’, the team leader decides how to accomplish things. They will choose the makeup of the team, where/when exactly it goes, when to hop in vehicles, etc.

This will enable the platoon leader to retain a strategic overview of the situation whilst delegating specific tasks so they aren’t scrabbling to tell each soldier what to do.

Vitally, and in direct opposition to what Planetside is usually like, I think it’s important that each team stick like glue to each other. This would mean that upon death you would have a designated spawn and would wait for your teammates to spawn there before moving off. Obviously this would be somewhat situational and decided upon by the team leader, as, for example, if you were defending a spawn itself you could just run out to rejoin your team.

I would see each team being one of the four platoon squads. Obviously this would get complicated when you have more than 20 people, but even then you could have Alpha1, Alpha2 etc.

Comms:

With a bit of comm discipline, I think this would still work with everyone in the same channel. As long as most of the comms are from the platoon and team leaders, except obvious things like spots, it shouldn’t get too cluttered.

e.g.

While thinking about this I had a couple of scenarios in my head. Obviously the real game will never play out the same, but just to explain what I had in mind:

Objective - capturing an enemy tower

Sunderer storms in and deploys in cover. Fire teams 1 and 2 form a base of fire at two separate locations, covering the sunderer while attracting attention from the tower. Scout team 1 circle around and hop up to the tower with jump jets, taking the attackers by surprise. While this happens one of the fire teams moves up to secure the base of the tower while the other fire team remains as a base of fire and covers the sunderer.

Objective - defending the tower from counterattack.

Each team can be given a specific objective within the tower. Fire teams can defend points. Scout teams can snipe/harass until a sunderer is spotted, when they can be sent to take it out. When the inevitable aircraft come into play, one fire team can be assigned to AA and pick up maxes/HA while someone resupplies them.

Hopefully you can see that this structure would retain our flexibility and not impose classes or anything, while still giving us a bit of tactical structure and making it slightly easier for platoon leaders to control us! I would be interested what you guys think of this idea.

xx
    Boffinboots

Lesser Hivemind Node
    So I posted a big thing about some tactics we could try but it was long enough to require moderation and seems to have been eaten

Boffin, if you have a copy of it, send it to me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Was mostly brain-spraff, so I didn't keep a copy. I'll redo it when I have time.

you want tactics! ill give you tactics! alpha shall spend all there time running into enemy lines mostly getting killed but will soak up all there ammo! while bravo sits back and laug.. takes in the awe of glory and freedom then bombard the base with heavy tank fire from afar.. dammit im brilliant
    Ayam... what r u doin... Ayam! stahp!! *squish*

Too bad engineer ammo is infinite.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by vanstrak View Post
    you want tactics! ill give you tactics! alpha shall spend all there time running into enemy lines mostly getting killed but will soak up all there ammo! while bravo sits back and laug.. takes in the awe of glory and freedom then bombard the base with heavy tank fire from afar.. dammit im brilliant
    Seems more like strategy to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    Too bad engineer ammo is infinite.
    Primary engineers! I'll bring my kamikaze reaver to the party to assist
    Planetside2 / Firefall: Crustycuffs
    Mechwarrior Online / Blood Bowl: Mrchinchin25
    GuildWars2: Shiifty (Mesmer) Frank Tankborn (Warrior)
    Raptr: mrchinchin25 Steam: mrchinchin25 Origin: ​Crustycuffs

Obscure Node
    IGN - ArcherVegari
    my roles that i like to do - Air support, dedicated engineer, Leeroy Max.
    My main Certs - Liberator (all ganz, decently certed), engineer (lvl 4 rep, mines), bang bus (vehicle ammo+ams). Besides that an eclectic mix across each class/vehicle.
    My goal - Leadership, so I can tell everyone to shut up whilst I regale you with anecdotes instead of giving orders.
    my pro tip - Don't confuse me and Bob. It makes Bob sad.
    Archer Vegari in Eve Online.
    Archer Vegas in Bad Company 2.
    Nihilille in other random games.

Network Hub
    IGN - Inverselaw
    Role - Gal pilot in the air and medic on the ground
    Certs - Galaxy and medic points but I tend to put my points all over
    My Goal - Someday I want to fly in a fully equiped gal with grenade launchers and drop 7 maxs into a biolab.
    my pro tip - form pairs and stick together.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Bit quite of late, innit?

Quote Originally Posted by Boffinboots View Post
    Bit quite of late, innit?
    Indeed, this friday should be good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Wafflynumber View Post
    Indeed, this friday should be good.
    Can't make it :@