Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node
    IGN - MrMoriarty
    my roles that i like to do - Eng/Max/Support, with some heavy mixed in
    My main Certs - Armour/Air/Eng-support mostly
    My goal - Shoot stuff?
    my pro tip - Aim at the other guys

Bank suggested that I introduce myself here.

IGN - WeeGingerRat

My roles that I like to do - Primarily support at the moment. I'm not much of a twitch shooter (though I'm working on improving my accuracy and close-to-mid-range survivability), so I tend to flank as an infil or LA, or hang back as Medic or Engi. Sometimes I'll dive into the fray as a Max since those resources are useless if I do nothing at all with them. I have recently taken a liking to spawning air/land vehicles as kamikaze distraction tools.
    My main Certs - I haven't been playing enough to really spec out.
    My goal - Have fun.
    My pro tip - Heisenberg says "relax".
    My ideals for a squad and/or outfit - Friendly, relatively civilised, and organised (without being bossy or patronising).
    Last edited by theclockworkrat; 05-05-2014 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by theclockworkrat View Post
    Bank suggested that I introduce myself here.

IGN - WeeGingerRat

My roles that I like to do - Primarily support at the moment. I'm not much of a twitch shooter (though I'm working on improving my accuracy and close-to-mid-range survivability), so I tend to flank as an infil or LA, or hang back as Medic or Engi. Sometimes I'll dive into the fray as a Max since those resources are useless if I do nothing at all with them. I have recently taken a liking to spawning air/land vehicles as kamikaze distraction tools.
    My main Certs - I haven't been playing enough to really spec out.
    My goal - Have fun.
    My pro tip - Heisenberg says "relax".
    My ideals for a squad and/or outfit - Friendly, relatively civilised, and organised (without being bossy or patronising).
    Welcome! I hope you'll find RTRS very "Relaxed"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.

It's been good so far.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Was really fun yesterday, I played for like 5 hours at least in total

I think I'll copy Gingerrats's post a bit....

Name: rockman29

Roles: supportive roles/assault, I love playing medic/engineer and healing or shooting missiles at tanks, also driving tanks, driving tanks, driving tanks, and driving tanks (that's my favourite)

Main Certs: level 4/5 medic healer thing, level 5/5 engineer repairing tool, basic scopes for assault/medic/engineer

Sunderer Certs: sunderer spawn, sunderer speed, sunderer vehicle ammo supply

Vanguard Certs: lvl 2 or 3 vanguard shield, level 2 radar (35 m), level 2 auto-repair, vanguard speed level 2

My goals: have fun, suppressing fire using tanks, supporting role and keeping it fun for others by keeping them in the fight

My ideal squad: find a way for every member to contribute effectively/optimize individual strengths as players, and mostly have fun and play together

That's it I think.

P.S. I had a lot of killstreaks with the Vanguard yesterday too, I think I got up to 11 twice, almost certain I had at least 3 or 4 double and triple kills on infantry as well lol, it was the best I played as a Vanguard, so hopefully I've improved my play there in knowing when to advance/taking advantage of terrain for cover and stuff
    Last edited by rockman29; 06-05-2014 at 04:45 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Sorry for C4ing you Rockman

Secondary Hivemind Nexus rockman29's Avatar
    Aw thanks, honestly I don't remember it though

Was a great lot of fun yesterday

Obscure Node
    Is there anyone in particular I should be looking for to message for a squad/outfit invite when I'm in-game?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I will be around shortly if you need - Boffinboots. Otherwise Roranor, Bankrotas, JeffJeff, DominicusofSarth, Bastiat, Inverselaw, InappropriateTouching or DukedelaChutney

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    Is there anyone in particular I should be looking for to message for a squad/outfit invite when I'm in-game?
    However majority (probably) of our outfit can invite people into it. Just for more info ask people that Boffinboots mentioned.
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

After spending all the goddamned evening grinding away at the last 87 kills, I finally have my first Auraxium medal for a gun \o/. I don't think I'll ever use the Bruiser again.
    BobHound - EVE Online

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Bankrotas's Avatar
    Do you need a talk about how to cope with auraxiuming stuff?
    Hear from the spirit-world this mystery:
    Creation is summed up, O man, in thee;
    Angel and demon, man and beast art thou,
    Yea, thou art all thou dost appear to be!
    http://ps2guides.besaba.com/

Do we have a support group for this?
    BobHound - EVE Online

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mickygor's Avatar
    So there's a lot of talk on NCTO and Reddit that we as a faction need a lot more open platoons/squads. Would anyone object to me running an open squad(s) whenever I'm on? I'm happy to sit in a squad on my own with randoms and just follow the PL if no one else wants to deal with them, but the state of NC at the moment is abysmal and a lot of it is down to the fact that most of our faction is randoms with no cohesion. I mean this on top of Open Wednesdays, arguably superseding it.
    Itsbastiat, Dawngate
    Bastiat, Planetside 2, Miller NC
    Therin Katta, FFXIV, Cerberus

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I think it's a great idea. We(mainly you!) had a lot of success with public platoons with RTRS squads if I remember correctly, but no "abysmal" failures: even if the pubbies aren't great, it's still a net positive and more likely to be much better! Plus, it'll be good for recruitment.

Anyone is free to run open platoons as official rtrs platoons. The only conditions being you encourage teamplay, platoon leader actually talks to pubbies, any squad leaders should preferably be outfit members and that the last guy from the outfit leaving the platoon must disband the platoon, we wouldnt want randoms running one of our platoons!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayam
    Everything is a thing.

I'll try to make training this evening, but I've only just started downloading the PST.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by theclockworkrat View Post
    I'll try to make training this evening, but I've only just started downloading the PST.
    Good job, though I don't think we'll be on the PTS, at least to start. More likely an empty tower on live. Where we end up is anybody's business...

7.30pm it starts, right? I'll hop onto mumble and go from there.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Should be 7:30ish yes.