Secondary Hivemind Nexus EsotericReverie's Avatar

Working with other Miller outfits

Hello people!

As part of my council responsibilities, I have taken it upon myself to arrange that some kind of cross-outfit cooperation happens with other VS outfits on the Miller server. In the next few days, I have approached FRC and MDK, who played with us during the ServerSmash, on their respective forums about running combined platoons and possibly training sessions or "Silly Mondays" some time. I also intend to talk to other TVA outfits such as DIGT, ISK, IVRI, VCBC, but we'll see how far I find the energy to reach here.

If there's any other outfit (VS or otherwise) that you think we should do something with, let me know and I'll try to contact them!
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Activated Node
    fun lessons for certain InI members

Quote Originally Posted by justforkicks101 View Post
    fun lessons for certain InI members
    I have one thing to say.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Steam: EsotericReverie | Origin: EsotericReverie | Planetside 2: EsotericReverie | Battle.net: Esoteric#2168

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cephas's Avatar
    Good idea Eso! Happy to support you if you need any help.

DWG invited me for some air training this weekend over reddit, be good to reach out.

Cephas, quick redeploy on that sig. Love it.
    Statistical reasons not to follow me into battle on PS2 here: Stoopiduk

Friendly on Steam, Twitter and Twitch. Origin: Stoopiduk Battlenet tag: stoopiduk#2888

Quote Originally Posted by Cephas View Post
    Good idea Eso! Happy to support you if you need any help.
    Cheers! I'll keep taht in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by stoopiduk View Post
    DWG invited me for some air training this weekend over reddit, be good to reach out.
    Right, I'll look into it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Dominicus's Avatar
    Didn't ABTF offer something similar? Might not be a bad idea to ask for some "" out-of-house" teachers for the tuesday or sunday teachings.
    Steam: Dominicus

Theres a miller pilots subredit, and afik they do some flying / training ever tuesday.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Avaa View Post
    Theres a miller pilots subredit, and afik they do some flying / training ever tuesday.
    If you go often enough, do you get initated into the Honourable Order of the SkyKnights?

Maybe we should aproach GINI as well, they seem like dedicated followers of Vanu.
    Last edited by CMaster; 13-06-2014 at 06:06 PM.

Yeah, MillerPilots is definitely something to look into. At least for those whoa ctually care about flying... no, seriously, i do like flying, but I'm worthless in my Scythe, more or less.

Anyway, I've got positive response from both FRC and MDK! ImrKil of FRC would like to run tac-ops and training sessions with us on Fridays, what do people think of that? Should we try toadrrange something for a couple of weeks from now? Tonight might be too soon and I'm in motherloving London next Friday!

He (she?) also suggested that we simply try running combined platoons on an ad-hoc basis, to see how that works. I mean a couple of squads of RPS and a couple of squads of FRC in the same platoon.

Edit: I also promised to send FRCn invitation before our next Silly Monday since ImrKil sounded really enthusiastic about that.
    Last edited by EsotericReverie; 13-06-2014 at 06:26 PM.

Both outfits mentioned language being an issue, however, because some in FRC and most of MDK apparently have less than stellar understanding of English. I suggested trainings and similar could be done with an interpreter to handle that kind of stuff.

I'll happily get behind this and help out if needed. Also, have you considered making a post about this on the TVA forums Esoteric, just to spread the word around.
    Last edited by NickWhite; 13-06-2014 at 06:33 PM.
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick

Thanks, Nick! And yeah, I'm planning to do this eventually, but wanted to keep it close to begin with, just to see how it works out. Eventually, I hope we could blow some new life into the embers of TVA. There are still a few outfits with representation there, but TVA seems like less of a driving force than it used to be. I'd be very happy to see that change, and I think we have a chance of achieving that, or at the very least help revitalise in-game coordination via leader chat, orders etc.

Also thanks Dom for the ABTF suggestion! Do you want to pursue that avenue, being more of a regular member of the NC community than I am?

And CMaster: see my reply to Stoopiduk near the start of this thread.

Language wise we have Swedish, Dutch and German on call at least? Wow you European types are clever!

Activated Node
    sorry eso, i get bored sometimes

Oh, yeah. It was JFK... Sorry.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    With other outfits the problem tends to be a shift in leadership. Only a handful of outfits have names that have been constant. The trick is maintaining contact, so I highly recommend going straight to outfit's own forums and posting there rather than via TVA forums.

Past experience has shown that if you invite outfits to events, you will get a good response. RPS used to do this a fair bit in the past, it would be nice to do that again.

As for suggestions, MDK and FRC are both similar outfits to us and we've had good experiences running joint platoons. EDIM entirely depend on which people are leading a given night, I've had both very good and very bad experiences trying to run tight coordination with them. DIGT are a good bet, we could probably learn a few things from their tightening up of their outfit when DIGT arose out of DIG.

If you are thinking more wide than joint platoons with other outfits, TVA had a good spurt of Friday night ops some time ago. This was a change from the usual use of TVA and instead one outfit leader would take responsibility for being alliance commander for the night. For a couple of months we were running some very good nights.

Even more wide, MAC events seem to have died down. Do we still have monthly alliance rumbles? If not, those were good events to coordinate around and it'd be nice to see them back.

Summary: it can be a bit of a pain working with other outfits, bt it's worth it. TVA forums may not be the best bet though, try messaging people in game and via their forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

So how did the FRC thing go last Wednesday Eso?
    Planetside 2 - NickTheNegligent // Steam - Nick