Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar

RPS Bloodbowl Lineman League - The Bronze Boilerplate

Ever feel like bloodbowl isn't generic enough? Ever feel like fancy elves and fiendish mutants are damaging your chavkra? This lineman only league is about positioning, formations and desperate attachment to rare skill ups.

This league is about excellence through mediocrity.

Team/Player list. (ty for formatting Screwie )
    • Humans - 50k per player - 50k TRRs
    • Orcs - 50k per player - 60k TRRs
    • Skaven - 50k per player - 60k TRRs
    • Hobgoblins - 40k per player - 70k TRRs
    • Thralls - 40k per player - 70k TRRs

No star players, no positionals, +skill mercenaries are allowed, regular inducements. No TV or leveling limits. I'll make a Google spreadsheet once I get on a hard line. (done)

The spreadsheet

So I wish you all good luck until you face me.

The Update: Glittering Prize: AKA Doctrine theory
    The Winner of the championship will be allowed to buy 1 positional of any sort and use him next season, Blitzer, Thrower, Troll, Vampire, ANYTHING in their teams list. (extra internet points if you choose a goblin) The only parameter I request is that the player bares the name "Prize #:????" without quotes and any name in place of ???? and the # being the season won so it is very clear what and how the player came about.

Expect envious fouls.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 23-05-2013 at 11:05 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Excellence through mediocrity? Sign me up!

PS, I would like opinions on the Skaven mutation access. It feels to me like they should definitely be banned and it's an easy rule to enforce.

It's a double, so i dunno. Variety is something this league is already sorely lacking, and i'm not sure thinning the roster any more is a good idea.

Maybe Norse and Amazon linemen/women? or are they not vanilla enough?

Sorry, not banning skaven, just the mutations.

Edit: It was posited by people with more experience than me that the norse but especially the Amazons would have a disgusting advantage (blodge without doubles).
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 04-05-2013 at 11:24 AM.

Oh. Yeah, that's not an awful idea.

Taking a look at Norse and Amazon, i think their basic players should be included, even though they start with skills. They both have lower armor value then the average (humans) and two less then orcs, and one less movement allowance then skaven. So i feel that although they might have an immediate advantage, once the teams start to get skilled up that very quickly goes away.

They both have a humongous advantage in the early game, I feel. So noob scrublord destroyers such as myself would pick them. Norse I suppose would eventually even out but I think the zons would win.

I would say it would only take at most three games before at least 1/4 of your team had block or wrestle. Amazons are a bit interesting, because dodge on all your players is really only good for not getting knocked down on defender stumbles, for the most part. But with enough fouling, i think that lowered armor value might just take it's toll.

Oh yeah, dodge is a agility skill. Huh. Ok then, no amazons. But i still think Norse is a good idea.

In the name of science I think 1 norse and 1 amazon should be allowed on the understanding that they are on trial and may not be allowed to play to next season.

Bagsy the norse.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Really not a fan of the inclusion of Norse/Amazon, but it's not my league so *shrugs*

I am erring between the solid and dependable orcs and fast and fragile skaven right now, although one of the bargain teams would make a foul-based strategy more worthwhile. But I am definitely in!

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Really not a fan of the inclusion of Norse/Amazon, but it's not my league so *shrugs*
    Yeah, like you say it's not the intended setup.

I guess I just need to make an executive decision, I'll decide before I get home this evening and put up the sheet.

Note: The league really is about the purity of the game, and baring mutations on has ramifications (no claw is a big deal for orcs, no extra arm turning the rats into elves) but that's a 1/6 double. 6/6 norse and amazons have desirable skills from the word go and without so much as a single blitzer on other starting teams?

Yeah, I guess that swings it, I'm heavily in the no camp.

@SWG I suggest you pick an alternative team and think up team & player names. Norse really don't belong here.

Dammit. Guess it was a long shot. I was originally thinking skaven, so i guess i'll just go with that.

I'm not really that upset, but i just figured as this was a "lineman" league it would have the linemen (or women) from as many teams as applied. But i get what you're going for here. You want this to be about player skill first and foremost, and i respect that. Hell, i could use the experience.

If I remember rightly the idea was the the linemen qualified so long as they had no starting skills and access to general skills only on normal dice, hence the opening list without beastmen, elfs, dorfs, stunties etc.

Personally I'm fine with rats being able to take mutations on doubles as well - there are so many useful double skills that the other teams won't be missing out, and skaven are squishy no matter what they take. There's no mutation that adds survivability other than foul appearance, which would be a bold choice on a double.

The spread sheet has been added to the first post, it currently does not contain any spreadsheet magic, can anyone fill me in on the specifics of conjouring spreadsheet magic?

I'm up for any competition as I badly need the practice.

I'm joining as Vamps - Thralls as I've never played them before and there'll be no pesky bloodlust to deal with.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    I'm in, although I don't have time to set things up right now.

And, for the record, this was my idea originally! :p