Page 93 of 303 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 6044
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Sorry Zoraster, I've been hauled up in bed with a pounding headache and fever all day. I doubt I will be able to play tonight.

Mommy's Boys (Snoozer) vs Skinkinators (Duffin)

A monologue on violence, and unfortunately for Duffin, I was doing all the talking.
    By the end of the game, I believe there were 5 lizardmen in the injury box, and one KO'd in the first half who never woke up.

Electing to receive in the first half, the ball went deep. After some initial scuffling on the LoS, he failed his first pick-up, and then the hurtin' began. Casualties mounted steadily, as he tried to drive down the right flank. But the block dice just weren't co-operating, nor were the GFI dice as the ball-carrying skink failed and stunned itself as it neared the TD line. To add insult to even more injuries, I first knocked down the Krox with a 2D against block, and then fouled him out without getting sent off.

I scooped up the ball and made a run for the line, but Duff's wizard actually worked for once and zapped the ball carrier on turn 7. A skink swooped in and scuttled to safely, leaving the scoreline 0-0 at half time.

With a depleted team, I thought it would be easy to stall to a 1-0 victory. Duff made me work for it though. I wasn't helped by accidentally clicking the End Turn button before doing anything on the first turn. Duffin however was an extremely good sport and also ended turn. That of course made me feel bad, especially when I injured another Saurus on the line with my first block. But its also the kind of act that makes this league great.

Duff managed to get some skinks into my half as road blocks, but I managed to neutralise most of his threats. The ball was proceeding up the pitch at a reasonable rate, with only a few skinks threatening. I drew further players away from the ball carrier to box in his saurii, leaving a half-cage that I thought would be more than adequate. However, some skink-manouvering and a luck 2D against block saw my ball carrier crowd-surfed, and the ball settled three spaces from the TD line on turn 14.

I moved my remaining ball carriers to within range, but Duff managed to put two markers on the ball. I blitzed a marking skink onto the ball, and lucky bounces saw it bounce clear. Still not a sure thing, especially after my AG 3 blitz-ra failed his first pickup, forcing me to use my reroll. Two GFIs remained to score on my last turn, and....I made it.

Final score 1-0 to the Boys.

As a post-script, many of you may recall Man Pointing in Two Directions, my Block Frenzy TG who tragically re-died in action. He has been re-reborn in the form of Kneeling Woman Holding Ankh, who rolled her second career double and took frenzy to accompany her block. Fear her.
    Last edited by Indefatigible Snoozer; 12-04-2012 at 07:36 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    No worries Screwie. The last thing you’ll want is to be starring at a monitor, let alone to play BB. We are running out of time to get this one in though with the deadline on Saturday. Could you manage 13:00 Saturday by any chance? That is the only available option without diary juggling so if not give me some options and I’ll try to make a suitable gap.

Feel better bud.

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Myself and Prester attempted to play our game tonight, it was 3-1 to me with two turns left, before my router reset itself momentarily, which was enough to force a disconnection. (seriously, what is the point with that reconnection dialogue when it never reconnects?)

We're going to attempt to replay tomorrow, otherwise we'll set up a compromise by setting the result as 3-2 to me.

Please don't move the league on early just in case we're sorting it out!
    Looks like this is to be the score. Every game gets the team closer to true competitiveness... then i'll have only incompetence to blame for losses....

Laneford wins 3-2

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    I could probably do Friday evening if you'll be back by then, otherwise... Sunday evening?
    NieA7 - haven't heard back so I'm guessing tonight's not on, I should be able to do some time between say 10am and 2pm tomorrow too if that's any use?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    No worries Screwie. The last thing you’ll want is to be starring at a monitor, let alone to play BB. We are running out of time to get this one in though with the deadline on Saturday. Could you manage 13:00 Saturday by any chance? That is the only available option without diary juggling so if not give me some options and I’ll try to make a suitable gap.

Feel better bud.
    Thanks, I have recovered somewhat so I will be around this weekend. 1pm on Saturday sounds dandy, I will make sure to be around then.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    NieA7 - haven't heard back so I'm guessing tonight's not on, I should be able to do some time between say 10am and 2pm tomorrow too if that's any use?
    Sorry Hands, only just got myself back together. Tomorrow at midday sounds OK to me.

That's another round ended and a new set of matches ready to be played! Good going everyone.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Hughtower!

Face me!

At a convenient time!

(wierd, I could have sworn I typed that in caps, on purpose, to be more Orcy. Did a mod de-capify it?)
    Last edited by President Weasel; 15-04-2012 at 02:35 AM.

LANEFORD! FACE SOMEBODY ELSE!

Then I can sneak around the back and kill your guys. When?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Jolima- I believe it's the battle of the bossmen! You around this morning at all? If not, when suits you this week?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    JIM! I WANT A SONG!

I have a well busy week. So could we squeeze in a game today maybe? (Not during the hours 4-8pm mind)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Snoozer: Can pretty much do any evening this week. It is up to yooooou.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Duffin when do you wish to get it on? At the moment can do during the day from Wednesday onwards or any evening bar Monday. If we leave it until the very end note my parents are coming up on Friday week so I'll probably be unavailable most of the day.

Hey Prester John. I've got a pretty busy week, I could play tonight if we start in the next hour! Since that's pretty unlikely, how is next weekend in the evenings for you?

Cliffnotes version of my match against Zoraster:

I managed to have a cracking good first half with a drive that lasted until turn 6 or so before losing the ball really close to the line. My looney had a bad day, only KO-ing one norseman before getting himself sent off (with a bribe failure) after whiffing a foul on another. My fanatic did pretty well for him, doing his part in making it extremely difficult for Zoraster's Guard-lite team to make a dent in my cage. My bomber also did great, causing some nice damage with a few great pitches. Alas he was KO-ed and then the bribe to use him again failed as well. My luck really turned at the end of the first half, oof :(

The second half was all norse. I lost a lot of guys to KOs and BHs and had to resort to TTM shenanigans to stay in the match. Zoraster scored his first touchdown early in the second half and, when my TTM response failed badly, he stole the ball and scored again.

2-0 to Zoraster.

Also somewhere in there my level 2 gobbo with Jump Up, Wollet, was beaten to death. Poor little guy. No other permanent injuries to report, however. And at least my trolls didn't eat anyone for once!

---

EDIT:

MrPrier, when are you available for our game?

I can feasibly fit you in Monday/Thursday/Friday after 8pm, or any time next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by drawlien View Post
    Hey Prester John. I've got a pretty busy week, I could play tonight if we start in the next hour! Since that's pretty unlikely, how is next weekend in the evenings for you?
    Hi,

I'm free every evening except friday, next Sat or Sun evening should be fine? Any preference?

Shall we go for Saturday at about 8.30pm?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Screwie - Thursday/Friday/weekend all sounds good provided I get my internet back, last I heard it should be back by evening tomorrow.

Ok then, will catch you later in the week hopefully.