Page 11 of 303 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Arnisaurus! We have a battle to the traditional death to occur! I am around today, or most of the evenings this week.

Let me know what suits.

Network Hub
    hey dude today suits me, i've got some work to do now for a couple of hours but im good after that are you around this evening bout 8 ish ?

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Ian, its your spandex-clad warriors vs my snots next up - when's good for you? I'm perfectly free for a saturday or sunday morning game right now. We can see if 6 ogres beats 1!
    Hey groovy, sorry for the belated response.

Dunno when I'll be able to do today, what weeknight/time works for you?
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnisarus View Post
    hey dude today suits me, i've got some work to do now for a couple of hours but im good after that are you around this evening bout 8 ish ?
    That sounds fine to me. See you then.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Hey groovy, sorry for the belated response.

Dunno when I'll be able to do today, what weeknight/time works for you?
    I haven't played him yet, so if you could kill or cripple, oh, roughly all of his ogres, that would be grand.
    Especially the one who can actually pick up the ball. That is a horrific freak of nature and should be cleansed from the face of the Earth with burny, burny fire.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    I wouldn't worry pw, he got a broken leg and has a tendency to forget his instructions every other turn. It's the other 5 'blitzers' you need to worry about ;).
    @Ian - any weeknight should be pretty good for me, or maybe tonight if you get free...
    Last edited by groovychainsaw; 10-07-2011 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Missing a's out :D

Hi Hughtower when would you like to play our game? I can play today starting up until 8pm or most nights this week apart from Thursday from 7.30 to 8.30 start.

Edit: Just noticed we're due to play the 1st match of the DoD season as well!
    Last edited by drawlien; 10-07-2011 at 03:51 PM.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    That sounds fine to me. See you then.
    I'm in BB ready and waiting dude added you on steam too

Right then groovy you horrible man. What time d'you want to play tonight?
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Network Hub
    Laneford and I played our match last night, i've updated the spreadsheet, here's what i can remember:

3 Feet high and rising 2 - 4 Dar Wance

So the match started out like any elfy game would, Laneford opting to kick to me, i blitzed a hole and covered as many gaps as i could, Laneford managed to blitz my ball carrier to the ground freeing the ball, a leap here and a blitz there followed by a dodge a pick up and 2 GFI's scored me the first TD in turn 2.

0 - 1

Laneford's turn, similar affair a hole is blitzed, some runners move down the field, i cover as many players as possible, the ball gets run down passed run a bit further handed off and then in for the TD i think the turns are now 3 - 3 the score

1-1

The next 2 turns see me doing almost exactly the same play utilising the st4 wardancer to make lovely 2 dice blitzes :D and freeing up other players to cover, this time no blitz gets to my ball carrier and its run in next turn.

1-2

Again more elfy throwing and dodging sees laneford with 8 bazillion players to cover, i dont cover them all and the ball goes hurtling toward the end zone

2-2

at this point i think it was my turn 7, i had lost a few players to injury or KO, and was running a team of 8 vs the 11 (i did manage a ko on one blitzer who stayed down for a very long time!, but there was a sub) anywho i did the same old blitzing a gap with the st4 WD covering as much as possible to stop return blitzes, my guy is within TD distance for next turn, but gets blitzed... bah! i do the elfy thing and try for some crazy dodging and throwing, my new WD dodges away and runs to the end zone, St4 WD (who shall now be known as miss invincible to laneford) nudges a guy out of the way leaving my thrower with 2 GFI and a long pass + a guy with catch stood in the path.... he runs ... he goes for it without failing! he passes... Shouts of "STOP" "DESIST" appear from laneford... the intercept fails twice :P the catch is successfull for a turn 8 td.

2-3

Laneford bashes some people for his final turn one more in ko land...

Halftime!

Now here's where our elf game turns to an orc with no hands game, except the first few turns.

I kick to laneford, everything is pretty standard elfyness holes are blitzed players are moved a double skull is re rolled (that bit is important) miss invicible is taken down but sidesteps toward high elf land. a dodge is made, which fails! and theres no re roll.

Miss invincible has jump up, and is in range of mr AV7 thrower, a dodge and a GFI later sees the ball free with no high elves in range except the thrower who is on the floor.

Lanefords unlucky turn begins, elves are moved into range, no one can blitz some unimportant blocks are made, the catcher stands up dodges away moves back into get the ball then ... fails his re rolled pickup.

Elves cover elves, it all hangs on miss invincible, a double dice blitz sees her downing the thrower, a successfuly pickup has her trotting in the ball.

2-4

Now the game goes horrible, Laneford manages a good cage, unusual tactic with elves i think... i notice i have a wizard, the fireball comes in and takes out 4 of the guys in the cage, one of which gets an injury apocd to badly hurt. miss invincible blitzes and causes the ball to be dropped, right into the hands of another high elf, i cover everyone else.

The ball is moved around a bit after this multiple passes and pickups are failed by both teams... mine with an ag 5 player ... ! nothing eventful happens, except the high elves try to stomp on miss invincible who doesnt bat an eyelid... her time is short i just know it.

end of game

WD 2 gets a mightyblow for her efforts :D

Quote Originally Posted by drawlien View Post
    Hi Hughtower when would you like to play our game? I can play today starting up until 8pm or most nights this week apart from Thursday from 7.30 to 8.30 start.

Edit: Just noticed we're due to play the 1st match of the DoD season as well!
    Oh god, it's you. Frak. *

I'd rather look at the weekend if you don't mind. Work's a tad draining at the moment so midweek evenings are no fun. Maybe a double header starting on Sunday morning?

* this is obviously meant a loving way. Like when an elder brother enters the room with the sole intention of knocking you to the floor, pinning you with his knees and 'doing the typewriter' to your head.
    Last edited by HughTower; 11-07-2011 at 07:46 PM.

Hi Khryses, its me and you to play next I think. When is a good time for you?

Invincible Warbastard more like.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    So Mr Hands you are next on my dance card. As ever I can be very flexible with ample notice. Wednesday is out unless you can start by 17:00 but otherwise at the time of writing I can probably make space for you anywhere that takes your fancy.
    3pm on Sunday?

Sorry Ian, turns out I was unavailable last night! How's Weds night suit you?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    3pm on Sunday?
    That'll be grand.

Wednesday/tomorrow works assuming tonight doesn't. What time's best? I can start pretty much from about 6.30pm, and an earlier start would probably suit me but I can do later if that's best.

How's 7:30 tomorrow night work? Sound ok? I'm supposed to eat some food with the missus before she goes out, so any earlier might be pushing it :-)

We'll go for that, then. :)

Quote Originally Posted by HughTower View Post
    Oh god, it's you. Frak. *

I'd rather look at the weekend if you don't mind. Work's a tad draining at the moment so midweek evenings are no fun. Maybe a double header starting on Sunday morning?

* this is obviously meant a loving way. Like when an elder brother enters the room with the sole intention of knocking you to the floor, pinning you with his knees and 'doing the typewriter' to your head.
    I don't know what I've done to elicit such horror, but at least I may get some advantage from it... :P

I can't do Sunday morning and I may not be able to do Saturday and/or Sunday due to playing cricket. If you don't mind short notice we may still be able to play at the weekend, otherwise which weekday night would be least painful?