Page 12 of 303 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drawlien View Post
    I don't know what I've done to elicit such horror
    It might have a little something to do with the fact that your Whamazons destroyed most of the teams in the Open last time and ran away with the league. I'm just guessing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Me and Ian played our game last night, and despite repeated attempts to punch his players in the head, it appears my ogres weren't feeling all that aggressive. They did do a pretty good job of passing the ball around, though....

Final score 2-1 to Ian, my ogres still struggle to contain a passing play (only having MA5 players does not help ;-), but a very fortunate pitch invasion at the opening of the second half gave me the opportunity for a breakaway touchdown early in the second half (having had a similar opportunity at the end of the first denied after a failed catch). Managed to make it reasonably close though, which is as much as I can hope for from my ogres. I did miss my 2 diving tackle snots that were killed in the previous match more than I expected though.

Got another level for an ogre, who gained multiple block to go with break tackle and juggernaut. I'm not sure if that is in any way useful, but there aren't many other skills left on the strength branch that would be, I need some more doubles :-). Onward towards rats next, hopefully they will prove more punchable (although they will probably score 4 past me - and their rat ogre has CLAWS? Must stamp on him...)

Yeah, was a very close game and we both had our moments of great and atrocious luck. The main issue for groovy was that when his bonehead rolls failed they failed in splurges and my players held up pretty well against the mighty blow. The two things ogres could really do without. :-P

I regret to inform everyone that I completely failed to maim any of his ogres. Not even his AG3/block/break tackle bastard.

Can multiple block only be used on normal blocks and not blitzes? If so I might've been tempted to give that ogre guard, groovy. Purely to make him a bit of a mobile assist unit. But I'm sure you'll find plenty of opportunities to use multiple block. Just remember to do the maths properly beforehand. :D
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    I find my ogres don't need much in the way of assistance, and snots usually provide a +1 when needed, so guard is a nice to have, rather than an essential for them. Multiple block means he can get one dice blocks against any str3 players left next to him. He's still generally a blitzer, but if people gang up on him, he can (possibly) take 2 rather than one out. I'm not sure if its a great idea yet, but that one turn he scores 2 injuries in one hit, or takes 2 corners off a cage might be fun (plus its usually easy to get snots helping to get the +1's to push the maths back in my favour)

I was thinking more for the long-term. Once you're playing teams riddled with guard then the more you have to maintain your advantage the better.

They've both got their upside though, and whilst I've the minimum of experience with ogres I'd imagine you don't need all of them to have it early anyway.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Onward towards rats next, hopefully they will prove more punchable (although they will probably score 4 past me - and their rat ogre has CLAWS? Must stamp on him...)
    Bad Groovy.

Billy's been looking forward to meeting his distant ogre cousins immensely and has promised to sheath his claws specially.

Not sure how much currency a rat's promise has but at least the thought's there, no?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Billy Big Bollocks is officially the only thing in the Open scarier than Azlop.

Khryses my dear boy, where are you?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Billy Big Bollocks is officially the only thing in the Open scarier than Azlop.
    I hope Billy hasn't forgotten that time he was put out of action by one of my most effeminate high elves.

Unfortunately HughTower's fears were realised as my Amazons rather brutalised his skaven this morning. 9 casualties were inflicted on the rats including 2 deaths and at least one other Serious Injury in return for only one of the ladies getting taken out. This made it difficult for the rats to stem the tide and in the end the game finished 4 - 0 in favour of the Pink Patisserie Panthers.

Thanks for the game HughTower, I hope your team isn't too crippled for the next match.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Hands and I just had an entertaining opening period in our match before weather intervened; unfortunately weather at Castle Hands rather than on the pitch. Hands lacked the reconnection-fu I displayed against Weasel so the game came to an abrupt end. It was a shame as it was very finely poised with a loose ball in midfield and either side capable of scoring with one good turn before the break.

Looks like we are struggling to get a replay in; Iím off to a family function today and we are both struggling tomorrow. After that Hands isnít open until Thursday. We are going to attempt to meet up tomorrow night but failing that I guess we will have to settle for an admin result... well unless Jol is willing to extend all the way to the end of the week.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Yeah, thunderstorm overhead and I lost connection. Later on the power went out for around 8 hours, so that was fun. ;-)

Hopefully Thor's wrath will be appeased and things will work out tonight!

So Khryses is missing and will get a loss. I hope 'Hands and Zoraster will get to play this evening. If not, Thursday seems like a long delay. I'm not sure what result to give though. It was arguably 'Hands fault that the game wasn't played, but a draw still seems fairest. Still hope the match will take place, but I think it'll have to be a draw otherwise. (Feel free to argue.)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'd certainly call it a draw Jol. Act of god and all that, and although I had turned over the ball a failed GFI (sure footed to boot) had thrown the half right back in balance. Certainly couldn't say I was robbed of a win; if anything I'll benefit as Hands obscene quantities of strength would have told as the game wore on.

Hopefully Hands will make it back in the next 20 minutes though and it will be moot :)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    We made it :) In the haste to make the match before the little flings had to go to bed it appears the chaos side neglected to don their armour. An early splurge of KO and CAS through block and fouls put the Goats on the back foot and they were never really able to regain the initiative. There was a moment midway in the 2nd half when they appeared on the verge of reaching the tipping point and setting off the domino effect but the flings rallied and didn’t lose another player until the closing turns.

Frenzy got the big rolls at the big moments to secure the 1-0 win and maintain the unbeaten start. Hands suffered a dearth of POWs which is never good against stunty opposition and seemed to save the good rolls for the least important moments.

All-in-all I'm sure it was a very frustrating game for Hands but he took it in good spirit. I struggle to sympathise though as he yet again failed to heed warnings and chose to keep punching Nuffle. Asking for trouble.
    Last edited by Zoraster; 19-07-2011 at 06:05 AM.

I've moved the league on and marked up the new matches. Duffin, I can play most times, when is free for you?

Khryses, when works for you? I imagine weekends if you're playing a UKer.

Hi Jolima, was this the first match Khryses missed or where there some others? Regards to our game this week I can play thurs or fri evening and probably anytime Saturday, next week I can probably do Mon/Tues/Wed night.

He played the match before that at least, I think the match against Groovy may have been a forfeit as well?

Let's try for Thursday evening. Around 7 pm BST?

Thursday at 7 sounds good.