Page 126 of 303 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,520 of 6044
    Proelves are still available.

Edit: And Humans, Jiiiiim is switching to Darkelves apparently. And *snicker* Dwarves.

Edit edit: Just saw your post about Proelves. Nevermind.
    Last edited by Squiz; 19-07-2012 at 08:38 PM.
    Forum janitor in training.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    I believe Groovy is dropping his Necros

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Oh gosh, it's all change next season. Maybe I should park my Chaos in the Challenge League and throw in another rookie team too.

I'm hoping to bring in an undead team in next season and since I have only managed to get two games in the challenge league they are VERY green. It would be nice to see some other (relatively) fresh teams starting.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    If I can't bring my woodies in, my humies are only about 1,400 and dwarves around 1,200, so they're relatively fresh.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Since I am assured that TV differences are irrelevant and can be made up with inducements, I'll bring in my Halflings instead of my Dwarves. Currently 900 TV and named The Dessert Spoons. They've played 2 games but no skillups yet.

I'll update the sheet when I get home.

I still reckon it'll make a difference ¬_¬

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Not sure if I'll bring a new team in or not right now. It depends how many fresh teams we'll be seeing next season and what's available.

If I do switch, I will switch out my Goblins for either a brand new Orc/Chaos/ProElf side, or a reasonably new Vamp team (they played one season of the DoD as a filler squad and nothing since). Vamps I found surprisingly fun, while Orcs and Chaos are just a bashy change of pace from my other active teams. Pro Elves are entirely new to me and I know they're fragile as hell, but they have some enticing starting skills.

For now though I'll remove my Chaos entry on the spreadsheet, then either keep Goblins or pick up whatever race is free at the end.
    Last edited by Screwie; 20-07-2012 at 11:54 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    I'm hoping I get one of the new teams for my first match next seasons, I've never had 1100+TV worth of inducements against me before. ;-)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Dunno what I'd get.

Deeproot Strongbranch and Morg (if that's possible). An Apo. Both Babes. A Wizard. The Chef. What's that add up to? I'd get bribes for the rest.

I'd make a big line of trees in the middle of the pitch and hide behind it. You'll never find me in here!!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Yeah, you could get all that for 1180...

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    I still reckon it'll make a difference ¬_¬
    It would be asinine to claim otherwise; it makes a huge difference to initial team build, play style, skill choices and how you use inducements. What it doesn’t make much difference to is results providing you make the necessary adjustments. Since we adopted the inducement system (pretty much as soon as it was first added to the vault, so the best part of a decade now) our league stats show coach rookie team performances have been within 10% of their standard record with that race. It took a little while for everyone to adapt but now they have we are of the opinion that the inducements system needs toning down.

What it does require is a bit of planning from the coach. If you don’t know exactly how much inducement cash you have and how you will spend it before reaching the inducement screen you are going to struggle. If you don’t know who you are playing in three rounds time and how that impacts who you want to get SPP with you’ll struggle. If you don’t even know which opponents have niggles you’ll struggle come what may but you certainly can’t get away without exploiting these things while playing at a significant TV handicap. You can’t wing it because you need a very focussed plan with all your guns pointing in the same direction.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    I'm hoping I get one of the new teams for my first match next seasons, I've never had 1100+TV worth of inducements against me before. ;-)
    Think it was 900k wasn’t it when the Goats took on Frenzy almost a year ago to the day. I did have four figures worth at least once that season.

Flings don’t really belong in this conversation. If you are not playing with an absolute minimum of 670k inducements you are doing it wrong. Think I averaged around 850 with Frenzy a couple of seasons ago and was challenging for a spot on the podium until very late in the season but I wouldn’t consider citing that as evidence of the value of inducements. The roster is specifically designed to be played that way.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Okay, remaining two matches allocated results as appropriate (draw for me and Hugh, win for NieA7) and rolled on to... THE FINAL DAY.

Grinn, when's good for you? I'm free after 6pm most days, although I'm out on Tuesday.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Pier! Fight me!

Groovy, when would you like to play?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Pier! Fight me!
    With fists! Or not, can you play today by any chance (sunday)? I'll probably be away until friday otherwise.

Mr Pier's Elves and Nuffle 4 - 1 Storm Boyz

Enough happened in this match that I actually started believing in Nuffle for real. Also, for some reason he appeared to be annoyed with me.

Let's see -

I take down the ball carrying elf, and the ball bounces into the hands of one of the only two elves standing anywhere near him, who then makes his dodge and scores? Fair enough, it happens.

Pier knocks my ball carrier off the pitch and then elfs in another? Fine, not even Nuffle, that's just elves.

Pier gets a blitz and another touchdown? Hmm

I am one pass and catch from a touchdown, and the thrower rerolls the pass to a scatter launch that throws the ball right into the hands of the only elf within ten squares of the target? Nuffle is real.

After that I started trying to just hurt as many elfs as possible, but the only two career enders were caused by me in the first half, and by Nuffle (who is real) in the second half.
    Perhaps realising that he had been a complete son of a bitch to me for no reason, or perhaps trying to hide the fact that he is totally real, Nuffle gave Pier two skulls on a two dice roll. Then he gave Pier two more skulls on the reroll. Then he broke the elfs collarbone.

I scored a consolation touchdown in the last turn.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 22-07-2012 at 03:47 PM.

Ultimate Maths Squad (Jim, humans) v Stikky Fingerz (Screwie, gobbos)

link link link ---> http://www.mediafire.com/?7pwitm2s3248tan <--- link link link

The problem's playing goblins starts to take its toll
    Too many dead from failing many types of rolls
    So Screwie has three bribes and some kind of star troll
    but he'll find fifty ways to be turned over

A pitch invasion serves to darkly set the tone
    Furthermore, his chainsaw's dulcet roar does not break

any bones
    But his bomb explodes, a crowd of goblins start to moan
    There must be fifty ways to be turned over
    Fifty ways to be turned over

You just slip on your back, Jack
    Fail a dodge, rog
    Start a saw in a hurry, Murray
    Don't wanna be late
    Bomb yourself, Kev
    or get it thrown back aaaat you
    Just climb on a troll, paul
    And get yourself ate

Ooo headbutt a rock, Doc
    stunned by the crowd, Maude
    You don't need to be coy, Roy
    Just get yourself chucked
    get triple skulls, Sull
    and loner the rerooooll
    or fail a pass, Cass
    These goblins are fucked

The end of turn 8 is his one and only chance
    A goblin by the sidelines manages to dance
    past one man two men but the third man grabs his pants
    there must be fifty ways

Come the second half there's only three goblins left
    Their trolls are sturdy but they aren't exactly deft
    And so he watches, as my guys perfect the ball theft
    There must be fifty ways to be turned over
    Fifty ways to be turned over

You just slip on your back, Jack
    Fail a dodge, rog
    Start a saw in a hurry, Murray
    Don't wanna be late
    Bomb yourself, Kev
    or get it thrown back aaaat you
    Just climb on a troll, paul
    And get yourself ate

Ooo headbutt a rock, Doc
    stunned by the crowd, Maude
    You don't need to be coy, Roy
    Just get yourself chucked
    get triple skulls, Sull
    and loner the rerooooll
    or fail a pass, Cass
    These goblins are fucked

Full time: Maths 6 - 0 Goblins

For a second there I thought you said "climb on a troll pole and get yourself aids, eww". After reading the lyrics I am a lot happier.