Page 160 of 303 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,200 of 6044
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    You can't punch what you can't catch!

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    You can't punch what you can't catch!
    Don't I just know it. My plan to mash your elves into the ground did not go exactly according to ... er... plan.

In retrospect, I should never have taken Morg. I kinda knew that at the time. Would've been far smarter to invest in some bribes and team rerolls instead.

Still, splatting a few ratmen made me feel better. Got to play two Open games almost back to back, Sunday night and Monday night, one a resounding defeat, the other a win (a close one, but a win nonetheless).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    Don't I just know it. My plan to mash your elves into the ground did not go exactly according to ... er... plan.

In retrospect, I should never have taken Morg. I kinda knew that at the time. Would've been far smarter to invest in some bribes and team rerolls instead.
    I am thinking the same thing right now... Maybe I should invest in something other than the quite expensive (although he's no Morg!) Lord Borak.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    ...surprisingly...
    An astonishing statement sir!

(This is the gobbo's main strong point... no one expects much for the little guys.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    (This is the gobbo's main strong point... no one expects much for the little guys.)
    That and being green; green is, after all, best.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    I am thinking the same thing right now... Maybe I should invest in something other than the quite expensive (although he's no Morg!) Lord Borak.
    I hesitate to put too much of my inducements into a single asset... hence Scrappa appearing in our match. Morg's good, but he can also leave the match on the first turn, as happened to me recently ;).

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    I hesitate to put too much of my inducements into a single asset... hence Scrappa appearing in our match. Morg's good, but he can also leave the match on the first turn, as happened to me recently ;).
    Well in your situation, I would almost certainly have taken Ripper instead. He's extremely cheap for what he adds to the team.

But Borak is a whole 300k, which is the exact cost of a lot of other things I could buy instead.

I think inducements are very subjective - what you take depends on your race, their race, what your team lacks, what the opponents have and your own playstyle. For example on my skaven DoD team I will take a wizard everytime. The chance of a defensive TD with a wizard is significant when playing with rats. Big guys are almost at the bottom of my list as they are such a massive target on a rat team. The only time they really get considered is if I have a wizard and i'm playing an agile side who are more likely to run away then hit back.

My Nurgle side in the Open are a completely different kettle of fish. While a wizard is useful its nowhere near as effective so I tend to lean towards bribes and big guys. The exact makeup of my inducement package will depend on the opposition. AV7/AV8 opponents especially blodge heavy ones are likely to be facing bribes as I seek to get the annoying buggers off the field. Stronger sides I may opt for the big guy to toughen up the front line. I'm not as concerned about them not lasting as with 6 ST4+ players on my side they aren't such a big target and indeed some of my other players are more dangerous to high AV opponents than the big guy (Claw/MB warrior springs to mind). My preferred big guy for Nurgle incidentally is the one that comes with block (cant remember his name off the top of my head) I find him less of a lottery as BDs wont give me a turnover.

Borak comes with block.

Well, I know what inducements I would take against my elves, but I'm not sure I should share. :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Mr Dragon induced Ramtut against my elfs last night. Start of the second half he got KOd by a thrown rock. I laughed.

Borak comes with block.
    As do most of my team already. If Borak gives me anything against elves, it's more Mighty Blow.

Well, I know what inducements I would take against my elves, but I'm not sure I should share. :)
    I have a decent idea already, but I'll hold off on making definitive statements before taking a closer look at your roster. Also, before your team has been beaten up by Hands' Chaos this week. :)

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    My Nurgle side in the Open are a completely different kettle of fish. While a wizard is useful its nowhere near as effective so I tend to lean towards bribes and big guys. The exact makeup of my inducement package will depend on the opposition. AV7/AV8 opponents especially blodge heavy ones are likely to be facing bribes as I seek to get the annoying buggers off the field. Stronger sides I may opt for the big guy to toughen up the front line. I'm not as concerned about them not lasting as with 6 ST4+ players on my side they aren't such a big target and indeed some of my other players are more dangerous to high AV opponents than the big guy (Claw/MB warrior springs to mind). My preferred big guy for Nurgle incidentally is the one that comes with block (cant remember his name off the top of my head) I find him less of a lottery as BDs wont give me a turnover.
    Oh jolly good. My Lizards are looking forward to be outbashed yet again.

Edit: And that's 1-0 for phoenix after what was a pretty close game.
    Last edited by Squiz; 02-10-2012 at 09:53 PM.
    Forum janitor in training.

Network Hub
    It seems the brain is even more hungover than predicted! I did think as this was my 13th game it would prove unlucky and snap my 100% record but maybe it will just be unlucky with getting the thing played instead :D

Sorry Corkir. The sad thing is that I didn't even get to go out last night after all. Something came up and I've been out most of the day. Is there any chance we can play Friday or Saturday? If not I'd be willing to take an admined loss since I was a no show today.

Network Hub
    Friday is out for sure as I have screwie in the other league. Saturday i am out for lunch and in the evening but should have time in between. Will you be around about 3pm?

3pm Should be good. I'll see you then (for real this time).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    And BB crashes 3 seconds after the end of my game... why does it wait when things are going badly but when things are going well it’ll happen mid game? It is so common I’d swear Cyanide programmed it in deliberately if I didn’t know nothing they program is deliberate :D

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I did get a big ominous freeze afterwards. Result's gone through fine though (and validated).

Result was 2-1 to the Pirates, after some very odd dice which started horribly for me, then they were okayish, before suddenly going good early in the second half, letting me first bog down the dorfs in midfield before a cheeky steal and run to victory.

Corkir next in a top of the table clash :o
    Last edited by Janek; 04-10-2012 at 09:40 PM.

I played Chainsawhands magnificent chaos horde yesterday and lived to tell the tale.

First half 'ands decided to kick, I assume going for the 2-1 grind. I set up strong on the left, hoping to get deep in his half and score fast and if I get stalled go for the switch. I mess up in the backfield, I move away my linemen from the LOS before I pick up the ball and when I fail the pass to my thrower 'hands agile chaos warriors have a clear path to the ball with a GFI or two, they of course make the pick-up, I scramble back what I can and manage to be really annoying, but not enough. Chainsawhands scores on turn 6 and I have two turns to equalize.

Which I do, being helves and all, I run my MV9 catcher with the ball as far into his half as I can and try to cover his beastmen as best I can, hoping for the best. I roll an ungodly amount of GFI's and dodges in the process without any rerolls left, but it all works perfectly. 1-1 at halftime.

Second half I kick to Chaos, which picks up the ball and makes a cage. I manage to down a couple of chaos warriors preventing them from being part of the cage. The cage veers to my right reforming on the LOS, I manage to get two helves in contact with the ball carrier. Which runs away, but double skulls two times in the same turn means he is not properly defended and I recover the ball. I'm not in a good position, but I manage to break free and after stalling one turn score on turn 14. Chainsawhands tries for a two turner, but fumbles the pass.

2-1 to Insufferable. Tense game, where in the second half I had really good dice, 'hands lost two turns to turnovers due to double skulls. Meanwhile my dodges and GFI's where mostly going through without a hitch, and I did a lot of that stuff. Block dice was also pretty good, I made the important ones, lost two elves to BH and my thrower is MNG for next game. Thanks for the game Chainsawhands, it was fun.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    If Chaos Edition (out next week) turns out to be backwards compatible (all signs point to maybe) will we be allowing the new teams in next season?

Basically the reason I ask is because bagsy Chaos Dorfs _