Page 174 of 302 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224274 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,480 of 6024
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    Alas, we're now at the time where I have to play myself... I'm guessing the woodies would beat the gobbos so the match could be adminned that way, but a draw is also fine with me. Alternatively, I could give a hard volunteer temporary access to Xenny's account so they could play the little guys for me?
    Play goblins you say? To smash wood elves you say? :D

I would volunteer but sadly I won't have a lot of spare time this week and I'm already subbing for the DoD.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    20phoenix

It's us this week. My wife presented me with a daughter earlier today, so my play time may be somewhat restricted. A good time at the moment might be Thursday evening, say at 8pm. Would that suit you? I'll confirm later in the week, but otherwise and in general if you could give me a menu of possible times that would be good.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    20phoenix It's us this week. My wife presented me with a daughter earlier today, so my play time may be somewhat restricted. A good time at the moment might be Thursday evening, say at 8pm. Would that suit you? I'll confirm later in the week, but otherwise and in general if you could give me a menu of possible times that would be good. Cheers
    Congratulations, Everblue!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Congratulations!

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Many congratulations chap!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Thanks. She's asleep now...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Hey, congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    20phoenix

It's us this week. My wife presented me with a daughter earlier today, so my play time may be somewhat restricted. A good time at the moment might be Thursday evening, say at 8pm. Would that suit you? I'll confirm later in the week, but otherwise and in general if you could give me a menu of possible times that would be good.

Cheers
    Congratulations! I am quite happy to leave it open ended and you can just give me a shout on steam when you're free. I don't have any games booked in as yet for my other leagues but other than that i'm free every night from 7pm onwards (Thursday may be an exception - I may have to go to an awards ceremony) In addition I will be free for most the weekend and can usually be found pootling around on the net.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    Awesome, thanks! A couple of level-ups for the gobbos.

Alas, we're now at the time where I have to play myself... I'm guessing the woodies would beat the gobbos so the match could be adminned that way, but a draw is also fine with me. Alternatively, I could give a hard volunteer temporary access to Xenny's account so they could play the little guys for me?
    I could play your gobbos for you if you can play Wednesday evening, Friday afternoon/evening or Saturday?

Also: Jiiiim! When would you like our next to each other in the table clash to happen? I could do the days given above. Post first to reserve your slot!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Hello the brain! let me know when you would like to play, should be fairly free most of the week

Thursday evening is probably the best for me as I'm away this weekend. If not then, I can probably do most week nights next week.

Hello Drawlien. Friday normally has things so I'll nab Saturday.

Aim: don't lose 3-0 again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Screwie's chaos handed my rats a by-the-numbers cage up and 2-1 grind beating. I didn't really turn up. I think I was a bit distracted by work stuff, but for whatever reason my head just wasn't in the game.

Quite Nice White Mice (Ska, President Weasel) vs Sinister Sixteen (Cha, me)

Not a lot to write home on for this one. We were all tied in TV before I hired a minotaur and PW hired a thrower pre-game, so he had 80k to spend on a Babe and that was all.

PW chose to receive first and scored in typical lightning fast skaven-y fashion, but that gave me most of the first half to grind out an equaliser - which I did - and the second half to grind out a winning TD - which I did.

Weasel didn't have the ST or the Guard to break up my cages, despite some excellent blitzing tactics from his Rat-Ogre, but on the other hand my guys couldn't cause any injuries to stick. 1 Cas the whole game, and a handful of KOs. Fortunately, with the amount of Grab and Tackle I have, I can get by without eliminations.

I feel pretty bad about delaying the final TD to turn 16, but these are skaven and I needed the win.

Final Score: 2 - 1 to the Sinister ones

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    A handful of KOs? You must have Big Hand, have you been putting warpstone on your cornflakes?
    There were either 4 or 5 rats on the pitch at the end. I think I had a blitzer, a thrower, a lineman and a rat ogre, which makes a nice set at least.
    One rat was still KO'd from the first half but I had spare players so started with 11; with one injury that leaves 5 or 6 KO'd rats.
    I was lucky not to get more injuries rather than KOs, but at the same time a little unlucky to get so many armour breaks when you didn't bring very many mighty blow guys, and they weren't the same guys who had tackle.

Hmm, I only remember that before your set up for the Turn 16 one-turn drive, five rats were in the KO box (and they all woke up, which was nice). In the drive before I shoved at least one more off the field, but there were more who were only prone and pinned against the edge of the pitch. One of those was a gutter runner for sure.

Anyway, isn't five a handful?

I did in fact field a Block/Tackle/Mighty Blow beastman, thank you very much! :) He really underperformed in breaking armour though, with some dreadful rolls. Currently my only other Mighty Blow source is the rookie minotaur, so yes I do need some more of that.

EDIT:

Also quite chuffed with my W/D/L standing of 4/1/5, not bad. Maybe I'll have won more games than I've lost by the end!

And we - well, PW and myself, and Laneford - are now officially halfway through the season! (Also, we're all tied on 13 points, coincidentally.)

I really cannot believe how long this season is.
    Last edited by Screwie; 13-11-2012 at 12:20 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    'Hands: Sunday any good for you? 16:00 would be ideal but loads of flexibility at the moment. Will have some family stuff to arrange soonish though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Yeah, that should be fine 'aster.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Oh it's moved on again. And it's... Grinn! After 6pm GMT in the week, most times at the weekend, or indeed most times next week as I'm off work.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolima View Post
    I thought it over, and I'll give out wins against Laneford until he returns. (Except next round which is the game of absentees as Laneford plays the drunk norsemans.)
    Yeah I don't want to get draws when it's me holding things up. Give out wins to my opponents please.

Two weeks until I'm back, hopefully.