Page 175 of 302 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225275 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,500 of 6032
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    The files are 6GB and I didn't have a dual layer DVD to hand. Then I kept forgetting to bring one home, and THEN I kept forgetting to actually back up the files and send them to Laneford. Also I have the Steam version and he doesn't so we're not sure the entire crazy ramshackle plan will actually work.
    But today - today I actually remembered to back up the files! Let's see if I remember to post them tomorrow :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    The non-Steam version registers on Steam now.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Odin's Longboatsmen 0 - 2 Dodge 'n' Dance

A tale of two games. In the first game, Corkir's team broke the way all good elves should, and ended up with 4 or 5 players in the injury box by halfway through the first half. 1-0 down (because Elves) my team were steaming towards the opposition endzone and with only 4 players on the pitch and more of them dropping every turn, it looked unlikely that things could turn around for Corkir.

Cyanide. Disconnect. Game's not validated.

Second attempt at the game; I'm making lots of mistakes because I am unbelievably pissed off at Cyanide's shitty netcode having robbed me of about half a dozen badly-needed doses of SPP not to mention what was likely to be a walkover. So I'm 2-0 down (because Elves and playing stupid). The Elves are refusing to break this time around, I'm getting double skulls and double snakes.

Cyanide again. Disconnect. Game is now showing as 2-0 win for Corkir.

I can't be arsed playing it again and I'm sure she's quite happy to take the win and lack of injuries to her team.
    Last edited by sketchseven; 15-11-2012 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Language tweak

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    Odin's Longboatsmen 0 - 2 Dodge 'n' Dance

A tale of two games. In the first game, Corkir's team broke the way all good elves should, and ended up with 4 or 5 players in the injury box by halfway through the first half. 1-0 down (because Elves) my team were steaming back down the pitch and with only 4 players on the pitch and more of them dropping every turn, it looked unlikely that things could turn around for Corkir.

But then Cyanide. Disconnect. Game's not validated.

Second attempt at the game; I'm making lots of mistakes because I am unbelievably pissed off at Cyanide's shitty netcode having robbed me of about half a dozen badly-needed doses of SPP not to mention what was likely to be a walkover. So I'm 2-0 down (because Elves and playing stupid). The Elves are refusing to break this time around, I'm getting double skulls and double snakes.

Cyanide again. Disconnect. Game is now showing as 2-0 win for Corkir.

I can't be arsed playing it again and I'm sure she's quite happy to take the win and lack of injuries to her team.
    Harsh dude. My very exciting game of myself vs myself (one of the selves being played by Drawlien) just Cyanided as well. We've rescheduled for later in the week.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Nurgle, nurgle, nurgle.

Foul appearance.

Tackle.

Down to one fling on the pitch by turn five.

Foul appearance again.

1-0 defeat.

Strongbranch gets nine SPP in the game. Only plays 7 turns. 0 SPP for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Everblue View Post
    Nurgle, nurgle, nurgle.

Foul appearance.

Tackle.

Down to one fling on the pitch by turn five.

Foul appearance again.

1-0 defeat.

Strongbranch gets nine SPP in the game. Only plays 7 turns. 0 SPP for anyone else.
    It was a bit farcical right from the off - the tree in the center of the LOS catching the kickoff. However the attempt to handoff to a fling got scuppered by disturbing presence. 19/30 foul appearances in one game was obscene and exacerbated the bash mismatch as my players tore through the flings eventually even removing Deeproot before the half was over. Remarkably besides being in such a dominant position I failed to score first half as a failed pick up ended off the pitch and the ball got thrown back by the fling endzone. A ST4 rotter took down a covering fling to get his hands back on the ball but when trying to blitz himself free of the fling marker to score he skulled out. The second half was a grind and stall affair for my drive and relying on DP to prevent the one turner. This was the case yet again but comically the scatter once again ended in the hands of a treeman.

First time i've played against flings with Nurgle and in my opinion it seems like a really bad match up for flings. One turners are extra tough with DP about and not being able to reliably block with foul appearance makes bashing a hole with the trees an option. Add to that ST2 flings trying to get away from tentacles and access to claws meaning trees aren't guaranteed to end on the pitch and its a potent combo.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    When you only have 2 or 3 "proper" blocks in a turn, losing even 1 of them to foul appearance hurts. There were times in the first half when I was losing all my tree blocks every turn. I was desperate to hit your ClawMBTackle warrior before he depitched one of my trees, but I just couldn't due to FA. Even fouling resulted in a sending off and a stun.

Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    It was a bit farcical right from the off - the tree in the center of the LOS catching the kickoff. However the attempt to handoff to a fling got scuppered by disturbing presence. 19/30 foul appearances in one game was obscene and exacerbated the bash mismatch as my players tore through the flings eventually even removing Deeproot before the half was over. Remarkably besides being in such a dominant position I failed to score first half as a failed pick up ended off the pitch and the ball got thrown back by the fling endzone. A ST4 rotter took down a covering fling to get his hands back on the ball but when trying to blitz himself free of the fling marker to score he skulled out. The second half was a grind and stall affair for my drive and relying on DP to prevent the one turner. This was the case yet again but comically the scatter once again ended in the hands of a treeman.

First time i've played against flings with Nurgle and in my opinion it seems like a really bad match up for flings. One turners are extra tough with DP about and not being able to reliably block with foul appearance makes bashing a hole with the trees an option. Add to that ST2 flings trying to get away from tentacles and access to claws meaning trees aren't guaranteed to end on the pitch and its a potent combo.
    Thats supposed to say "nd not being able to reliably block with foul appearance makes bashing a hole with the trees an unreliable option

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    Thursday evening is probably the best for me as I'm away this weekend. If not then, I can probably do most week nights next week.
    Just realised I didn't reply, sorry! I am about all evening if you're free pal

Sorry about not being able to play tonight. Everblue was free so we took the opportunity to get our game played. I'm away for the weekend but could play Sunday evening if that's any good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    He beat me, if that's any consolation...

Sorry about not being able to play tonight. Everblue was free so we took the opportunity to get our game played. I'm away for the weekend but could play Sunday evening if that's any good.
    No my fault entirely, unfortunatly sunday evening is pretty much the only time i cant do this weekend, let me know if anything else suits

Alright Drawlien I'm around from now til late. Jump on steam and let's get this royal rumble rockin'

I went in with one plan against the Zons, to kill, maim or otherwise invalidate the warranty of the blocking, dodging, stand-firming, guarding hordes that would oppose me. I have been liberally weighing my team down with tackle, hanging tackle off them like christmas decorations, splashing it on like cheap cologne. I got much tackle is what I'm saying. And mighty blow and guard and tackle and I'm basically slightly faster dwarves. We punched, biffed, fouled and...nothing really happened. Couple of KOs, and I left a hole the size of my face in my defences. Drawlien raced through and, despite my best efforts, took control of the ball and scored around about turn 6. And he still had a wizard. I received, sent everybody up I could and crossed my fingers. The only chance involved a 2 dice against blitz, a 4+ 3+ two-GFI sprint for the line, a two-GFI advance from the thrower and a 3+ pass and catch. And of course it worked. 1-1 at half-time.

So he still had a wizard, but I had at least a chance and I decided to go for it, ramming positionals in every spare space, and he handed off to score fairly early on. I responded aggressively on my receival, charging forward a few guys and watching as he zapped the thrower with the bolt. The bolt hit but the thrower was only knocked over, and he picked up and hurled downfield next to a blitzer and nobody else. Next turn, he ran it in. 2-2 with three turns to go.

At last, Drawlien started to suffer, messing up a dodge, suffering a few more KOs and when his last-gasp T16 charge failed, I had a chance. Two blitzers worked to knock down the carrier, Jacobi cleared the covering defender, and Bollobas the thrower scooped it up, winding back his arm to release the blitzer who was just in range of the touchline. The pass was good, the pass was true, the pass... was intercepted by his +Ag nerves of steel girl. Argh.

2-2 it finished. So close. And after sixteen turns of biffing you know how many amazons I injured? Altogether?

Big fat zero.

If it's any consolation, there was one 'Zon in the injury box - from a failed dodge!

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    No my fault entirely, unfortunatly sunday evening is pretty much the only time i cant do this weekend, let me know if anything else suits
    I'm going to be away with work for the first half of the week but might be able to manage a match from Wednesday night onwards. I'll try to catch you online.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    So, the Lacrymata Angels' downward spiral continues, this time suffering the ignominy is losing to my own goblin team (bravely helmed by Drawlien). Still, only two permanents for the Angels (one dead thrower, just leveled and one niggled wardancer).

I did get enough money to buy another wardancer, however (to replace the one killed last game), although I'm willing to bet that she trips over leaving the changing room and dies. I think I've faced almost all the toughest teams in the league now, pretty much, so now I can look forward to losing to halfings, ogres, etc., instead ;).

I'm going to be away with work for the first half of the week but might be able to manage a match from Wednesday night onwards. I'll try to catch you online.
    Sounds good to me, hopefully see you then

Lesser Hivemind Node
    So half way in operation try to do better with a dwarf team in the Open than I managed with ‘flings (probably could do with a catchier name) and the flings are ahead by a nose. I’m 1.5 points behind the target pace; a win next round would leave the two teams with identical records after 11 games. The flings are probably further ahead in real terms though as the fixture list is backloaded with the racial match ups that give my dwarf teams the most problems. Should be a tight contest right up to the end of the season.

And to think some of you scoffed at the suggestion anyone could do better coaching ‘flings than dwarfs :)

I think people were assuming average RPS Blood Bowl skill, not yours, Zoraster.