Page 16 of 303 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast
    Network Hub
    hughtower , its us up next when would you like to play ? im free sunday evening, or any weekday after 7 ish except thursday

Quote Originally Posted by Arnisarus View Post
    hughtower , its us up next when would you like to play ? im free sunday evening, or any weekday after 7 ish except thursday
    Ola. I'm around now for the rest of the evening if you like and then towards the end of next week. Drop me a note here if you can play now or we'll pencil I'm Friday or Saturday?

Network Hub
    i can play now if your free?

Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    Monday lunchtime suit you, say noon? Later in the afternoon would be no bother but that would be my preference.
    How about 1? Small chance I might not be home by 12.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    13:00 it is then. See you tomorrow.

Network Hub
    The Vivisectionists vs Dar Wance

3 - 5

So this game ended in a typical running in 2 turn TD game that it was destined to be.

It started of very poorly, losing one of my WD to death apoc'd to fractured skull (oh god) and a line man to death on the very first turn. HughTower also had a bug with his subs not being able to bring on 2 fast rats.

i dont really remember much after that... the excessive drinking may have some part to play in this...

I think the turning point ended up being a lucky blitz into a cage and a couple of lucky bounces on the last turn.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    drawlien - tomorrow (Monday) or Thursday at around 8pm?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Storm Boyz vs Top to Toe in Spandex

Bit of a brutalising for the Boyz at the hands of Ian's guard-heavy humans. A couple of players down early, including my +agi blitzer getting killed, and apoc'ed to "still killed". He also managed to MNG my +agi, strong arm thrower, and badly hurt my guard black orc. My own injury dice were extremely disappointing, with Ian's players getting stunned quite often, especially at the start, but rarely KO'd and almost never injured (although his ridiculous 9 movement plus sprint catcher did fail a go for it and badly hurt himself, once it was too late to make much difference).

Finished up 3-1 to Ian, although he did need considerable luck to get the second - 1 dice block, 4+ 4+ 4+ I think it was.
    The win was deserved, but losing my +agi blitzer forever and my pass-master for a game and a half stings a bit. Orcs are meant to be more durable than this!
    Oh, and I got a -move on my sneaky git goblin, so he's sacked.

Actually it was a 2-against block, 4+, 4+, 4+.

I did have a small pile of luck. Fun game though, and for all that I rode my fortune it was still quite a punchy tussle. Good game. :)
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Hi Zoraster, do you think we could reschedule our game to another weekday, probably Wednesday? Sorry but the mum is off work and wants me to drive her shopping. I swear to god she has an account here on RPS just to check when I'm supposed to be playing and then plans her crap accordingly.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Sounds like mine... only mine is capable of doing it despite us living over a hundred miles apart. I swear they receive special training. TBH I'll be delighted to postpone. I can't make my mind up over what compromise to make with my inducements so a bit more valuable procrastination time will go down well :)

I have just scheduled a teleconforence for Wednesday afternoon, but it won't be a long one. More a quick brainstorm than anything but it means we'll have to have a noon start or not before 15:30.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Groovy, I think your ogres and my elves have a playdate, when are you free this week?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Tonight is ideal for me. 8pm? Failing that, I should be free most other evenings, when else would suit you?
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    Tonight is ideal for me. 8pm? Failing that, I should be free most other evenings, when else would suit you?
    8 is fine for me mate. In return for being so accomodating, I demand you to deploy only snotlings. ( please)

Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post

I have just scheduled a teleconforence for Wednesday afternoon, but it won't be a long one. More a quick brainstorm than anything but it means we'll have to have a noon start or not before 15:30.
    Start at 15.30 or sometime after that sounds good, I'll be lurking here on the forum and on steam.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Hey Duff; conference finished, but I just bust the khazi. I’m going to quickly nip out to buy a part before the shops shut so I’ll be good to go by 4.

Oops! Okay see you then.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    My ‘flings drew 1-1 with Duffin’s Lizards this afternoon. I was torn going into this one as Duff was armed with a lowish TV and 5 rerolls. The inducements would not be enough to get the Chef, Zara and Deeproot unless I really made drastic cuts so in the end I decided 5 rerolls made the chef largely redundant. I needed Zara’s speedy Blodging and Dauntless, plus the stab threat to the skinks, while Deeproot only needing two assists for 3 dice hits on the Saurii was too good to turn down.

Having not lost a player all season I immediately started to redress the balance by crippling a fling into retirement with a first turn throw (chasing a surf on the BC) and turn two saw a dodge death end the career of Gobas. An ominous start but things swung dramatically.

It was one of those games where I had ropey dice in core areas for my team while receiving ridiculous overcompensation elsewhere; in this case armour rolls. It seemed a sharp look was enough to break lizard armour as Duffin’s troops left the field with absurd regularity even allowing for the trio of mighty blow Trees. By the time I ran in the equaliser in turn 15 Duffin was down to a Saurus duo, with all the Skinks and the Krox off the park.

Duff put up some brave defence but the way the dice were going there was really nothing he could do. In the end he was probably happy to get out with the draw as he only got a Saurus back from the KO box leaving him at serious risk of a defensive one turner in turn 16 with just 4 AG1 players on the park. In the event I failed the landing but it really would have been a travesty if I’d stolen the game. Duff really got shafted in the second half.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Branchmaim Murderbastard is a deeply, deeply, scary thing.

I wouldn't say I got shafted luckwise. Yes I did fail alot of armour rolls - but you did what I feared and got your trees into contact with my saurii where I could just not dodge away. In the first half I had a little success in letting you move up to my BT saurus then dodging away - but when he went down early in the second half I couldn't really kite them in the same way. When you are getting 3 MB blocks guranteed per turn and your blitz you will cause some damage sooner or later. My only alternative was to commit my other saurus and try to outblock you but with Standfirm there was a strong possibility I would simply end up with more of my agi 1 players stuck next to a str 6 or 7 tree waiting to get hammered!