Page 201 of 303 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,020 of 6044
    Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    So, the Glorious Greenskins go toe-to-toe with Dodge'n'Dance this week. Will this be the match that Corkir finally looses? WILL IT? Tune in on [TBA] to find out...

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Are you rebooting squirrelf, or just taking a break from the Open for a while?
    I haven't decided yet. It would be a waste to not giving it a try and field my grotesquely agile (and lucky) team leader Skink for another season, but I'm not sure if I really want to. Also, I know that mrpier is looking for a Lizardmen spot. If I continue playing, I guess it will be with this team, they just started their career.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    squirrelfanatic - Don't worry about me, my first two matches in the challenge league with the lizards have not endeared them to me, quite the opposite. I'm not sure what I'll play next season in the open, maybe I'll keep Insufferable for another season.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I think I might go undead next season. I have a somewhat promising team which is being trained up over the next couple of months.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Zoraster - Fight me with your dwarves! I should be pretty much free the evenings of today, tomorrow and wednesday if you can start before 8 pm gmt. Thursday is a maybe and so is friday.
    I think I should be able to do Wednesday night. Iím so far behind schedule with this job Iíll have to pull an all-nighter tonight or tomorrow which should get me ahead. Wednesday 19:00 GMT therefore will be free for blood bowling :)

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 20phoenix View Post
    Want to throw it down this evening? I am unexpectedly free!
    Sure - add me on Steam if w're not already buddies and you're lurking under a different name.

Zoraster - Wed sounds good, see you then.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Odin's Longboatsmen vs Rot Or Not

Snorrason was feeling pretty optimistic about this match. He was the newbie on the team and had been given the most important job; to mark the Beast. His teammates had sloshed down some ale with him and thrown some axes at pigtails, and the wench at the local bar had given him an extra special present when she'd heard he'd made the team. He was feeling good.

Until the Beast put a fist through one side of his head and out the other.

(First turn, first block - S'melli the Yheti gets KOed. Second block - lino dead.)

The Norse took a punch-anything-that's-green-and-stinks approach, while one lino ambled around the back of the Nurgle line, whistling nonchalantly. After some awkward blitzing on the left hand side of the pitch, the ball popped loose. A chance! The lino darted in, grabbed the ball, and made like hell for the endzone as his teammates threw bodies in front of anything that was green and stinky.

1 - 0 the Longboatsmen.

After their initial laying out of the lino, the Nurgle team descended into ineffectual pushing (about a quarter of their block dice were skulls, according to BB manager, with push making up another big chunk). The half ended with the Norse still in front with their slender lead, helped by the ref letting the clock run on a turn after a riot.

Second half saw a determined push by the Norse down the left hand side of the pitch, with a stupidly lucky hand off (in the midst of multiple Disturbing Presences) to a blodging Runner that saw him haring off to the end zone. Again the Norse threw bodies in front of anything that was green and stinky, but one pesky Pestigor bounded free and bore down on the ball carrier.

And utterly failed to knock him over.

(2 dice block, dskulls rerolled to Both Down and Push/Defender Stumbles. Yay for blodgers coming good).

Some blitzing, another dodge and another TD. 2-0 the Longboatsmen.

And that's pretty much how it stayed. A win, but based off the back of some good fortune - the D6 went my way when I really needed it to, helped along by skills in the right place. 20phoenix's suffered through his block dice with good grace.

But still ... y'know.

VICTORY!
    Last edited by sketchseven; 12-02-2013 at 04:13 PM.

Snoozer, if your still about FACE ME!

What sketch said. I messed up my own drive initially by not double screening then once the carrier was down getting the pests mixed up and trying to pick up with the jump up pest rather than the extra arms one. After that I was never really in it. As sketch alluded to I managed a lot of gentlemanly pushing but I definitely peaked first turn. Still a little bit miffed about the successful handoff in 4 disturbing presences though!

Three more games for the Nurgle then its time for the vamps to step up.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    So, the Glorious Greenskins go toe-to-toe with Dodge'n'Dance this week. Will this be the match that Corkir finally looses? WILL IT? Tune in on [TBA] to find out...
    Dance have lost their only prior game against goblins. Only one or two members remain on the roster from that debacle a year ago but history is on your side :)

Thursday evening around 7pm uk any good? If not it will need to be next week unless i can get free saturday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Corkir View Post
    Dance have lost their only prior game against goblins. Only one or two members remain on the roster from that debacle a year ago but history is on your side :)

Thursday evening around 7pm uk any good? If not it will need to be next week unless i can get free saturday afternoon.
    Ah, that's a definite win for the gobbos then! Well... I'm not that hopeful really, despite the historical precedence. Thursday should be fine. I have a meeting earlier in the day and should be back in time for it. If that fails, sometime next week should be okay.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Some skaven beat my flings. 5 SPP from the match.

:(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Many halflings were brutally wounded by ratman punchings. Also Everblue rolled a lot of 1s.
    A consolation foul by Everblue with the very last move of the match saw Son of Miniscule Dave follow his predecessor (and pre-deceaser), Miniscule Dave, into Skaven Heaven (where all skaven linemen have str 4, block, and proper armour).

Despite Big Dave the rat ogre acting like some kind of halfling extinction event in the second half the rain of SPPs wasn't enough to level him (but the break tackle, juggernaut, and piling on he already has should be helpful when I am trying to maim corkir's overdeveloped wood elves).
    Also I now have a claw stormvermin, but I am still retiring this team at the end of the season. New rookie linerat Grandson of Miniscule Dave might even survive that long, you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    ... maim corkir's overdeveloped wood elves.
    My plan for Corkir's wood elves is closely modelled on the chainsaw scene from Scarface. Although now that I've said that, my Looney will surely fail his first chainsaw roll and hit himself in the face.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Your Rat Ogre had an amazing game. The guy was a god. I think 4 or 5 casualties, plus crowdsurfing Zara.

EDIT - I think it was 4 casualties, was it not? My dirty player in the first half, plus the three-in-three-turns in the second half.

The dirty player fling had a promising beginning though. I'm glad I used my apo on him. I hope he does well. With hindsight my inducements were wrong. I should have taken Morg and a wizard instead of Zara and Murderbastard. The star tree was pretty useless.
    Last edited by Everblue; 13-02-2013 at 01:31 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I don't know, he terrified me beyond reason and the Wall Of Trees absolutely ruled the centre of the pitch. I had to get ridiculously lucky with the pick and pass to get that first touchdown, and I only started really murderising halflings in the last quarter or so of the game once I'd moved the play up to the head of the field, forcing your halflings to come out of the woods and face me like men: tiny, weak, incredibly badly-armoured men. The juggernaut made a hell of a difference though - there were at least three turns where he rolled nothing but skulls and both downs on the first block and then eviscerated a halfling on the frenzy followup. No jugg and that's a turnover.
    As for Morg, he has agility 3 so maybe he could have dodged away and made the top of the pitch a lot scarier - but I'd have had sacrificial rats hanging on to his ankles the whole way, just like with Branchmaim Murderbastard.

Tediousity (dwa) 1 - 1 Insufferable (helf)

And there went the last shot I had at the title I expect.

Zorasters dwarves was a real handful, guard, tackle and stand firm meant he had the upper hand once he got the ball into a cage, which he did. Luckily I had built an elven catcher with just this kind of match in mind with juggernaut he should be able to shift even the most stubborn dwarf, except something is wrong in cyanideland(surprise!) and my juggernaut blitzes didn't push stand firm blockers anywhere (I don't think these blitzes would have effected the match result anyway though).

Zoraster chose to kick to me in the first half and I scored fast as I like to do in turn three, hoping to stall his slow advance long enough for it not to matter. However my a-game was not in play this evening and I made some positioning mistakes letting him get a runner far enough upfield that he could score with a dodge and two GFIs in turn 8, which he did.

Second half was mostly uneventful, the dwarves hit my men, managing to KO and injure some of them, and I tried to put pressure on the dwarven cage while not letting it advance. It ended up in a stalemate near the LOS where Zoraster couldn't score on hist last turn and I could only get a blitz on the ballcarrier with some insanely lucky dodges, which I of course didn't make.

Thanks for the match Zoraster. I never managed to find a good solution to that compact guard/tackle/stand firm hell you put up. :-)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    ...except something is wrong in cyanideland(surprise!) and my juggernaut blitzes didn't push stand firm blockers anywhere (I don't think these blitzes would have effected the match result anyway though).
    Interesting potential bug. Were you trying to push those Stand Firm players into other Stand Firm players?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Nope Screwie, the second was in glorious isolation. That was my assumption on the first one as there was lots of SF around but the second appears to be a clear bug unless pier was getting screwed by the Cyanide interface.

Not a bug I've ever come across before but then I haven't seen many juggs vs SF blitzes since they claimed to have fixed it a patch or two back, and of course this could be a new bug introduced in the patch this week. As long as the SF coach has the skill set to ask (and they all should) it is at least a bug we can work around by turning SF off for the juggs blitz but it will require all coaches to be aware and paying attention before the event.