Page 208 of 303 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,160 of 6044
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Come to think of it, that's a bit of an oddity. Some teams really profit from having lots of cash in the bank. But then again, we do not check for numbers of games played and there are no restrictions to the total amount of double-skills or stat-ups you can have on your team.
    Yep, it's not a very stringent guideline. I'd have got away with the MNG trick as well, it was me who brought it up with Jolima.

I've changed my mind over the last few weeks about rerolling too - think i'm going to stick with the nurglites for another season.

Lesser Hivemind Node sketchseven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    Man, sorry to see you go... I've noticed I've not been seeing you on the pitch so much!
    Little time for BB at the moment - need to focus on animating and career.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sketchseven View Post
    Little time for BB at the moment - need to focus on animating and career.
    Dude, any sensible work/life balance needs to include a couple of hours for Blood Bowl ;). Good luck with that stuff though!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Moving update; just got an email saying the new connection is up days before we move as promised!!! Of course there is no chance it will actually work :)

I’m guessing it is going to be a short round next so Snoozer if you reappear then based on our past scheduling I suggest we pencil in 07:00 GMT on Sunday 17th. I’ll confirm as soon as I get a computer online at the new gaff.

Jiiiim for your game with Corkir I would say no chance before next Friday, more likely Saturday and again that is assuming the net connection is functional.

Have we rolled on? Apologies to Sketch - its been frantic at work.

Zoraster - 7AM GMT on the 17th should work.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Yep, it's not a very stringent guideline. I'd have got away with the MNG trick as well, it was me who brought it up with Jolima.
    When can I spend my ill-gotten gains - after joining, after the first match, never how dare you even ask? The team I'm building has 12 players and 3 re-rolls, but I'll want to up that to 13/14 and 4 as soon as is considered fair.
    Last edited by NieA7; 08-03-2013 at 10:40 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Bringing in a team with a bunch of cash because you've already bought everything you want (even if it does let you buy replacements) seems, to me, somehow different from bringing in a team where you're artificially not spending the cash to fit in under the limit and then spending it after you're in. I dunno, it just seems kind of... off.

But I'm not in charge and I'm probably going to quit and go back to the Divisions after this season so my opinion counts for little.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Seems like the Open is contracting somewhat next season :(

I have quite enjoyed this mega-length season, particularly with a fresh team.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Bringing in a team with a bunch of cash because you've already bought everything you want (even if it does let you buy replacements) seems, to me, somehow different from bringing in a team where you're artificially not spending the cash to fit in under the limit and then spending it after you're in. I dunno, it just seems kind of... off.
    Yeah I know what you mean, that's why I was asking. I'm quite happy to play with the team as it is (in my head I was only going to buy anything after the first match was done, though I'd be absolutely fine with emptying my treasury beforehand instead): as Nurgle are probably the slowest team to develop I decided to concentrate the 1750 on building skills rather than a deep bench or rerolls, I'm fine living with the risks of that.
    Last edited by NieA7; 08-03-2013 at 12:49 PM.

Just caught Snoozer quickly on Steam, he's happy to have the season roll on and let me take the default win as he's not going to be able to get the game in.

Rumbling on...

New day! I am pretty fairly bursting with excitement! Hands and Squirrel, when do you want to play?

The league's been rolled on with a deadline for next Sunday. PW and 20phoenix are the ones to sit out this round.

ChainsawHand's interpretation is basically what I see as the spirit of the rule as well. For this particular case... I'd say keep the extra cash for emergency replacements, but spend only your winnings from the league to recruit more players. Fair enough?

New day! I am pretty fairly bursting with excitement! Hands and Squirrel, when do you want to play?
    You again! I'll try to catch you on Steam over the weekend. If that fails, most evenings of next week should be fine too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    God damn it, no Open for me this week and it feels like this season will never end. On the other hand I have rather enjoyed the enormousness of this season and I'm a bit sad the next one seems likely to be a bit smaller; I just wish we could start it now though.

You and me then Brain - let me know when's good for you. Just about any time (except Monday during the day and Tuesday evening) should be fine.

More than fair enough Jolima.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Jolima! I should be around on Sunday for a match. If you have a preferred time, let me know. Otherwise just look for me on Steam :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Hmm... early afternoon next Saturday or Sunday? I could probably work something else out if you're busy then, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Hmm... early afternoon next Saturday or Sunday? I could probably work something else out if you're busy then, though.
    Might be doable. You can always just hit me up on Steam if you see me in the meantime.