Page 212 of 303 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,240 of 6044
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Drawlien - When do you want to play and all that?
    I could do pretty much any evening (apart from Monday/Tuesday) starting around 7.30pm or sometime during the weekend. Catch me on steam if you like.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brain View Post
    Wednesday night it is. 8pm Good for you?
    Certainly is!

(Assuming the unexpected server downtime from last night is resolved by then...)
    Last edited by Screwie; 20-03-2013 at 09:47 AM.

Played my last game of the Season against Screwie's Sinister Sixteen. In short, I got out bashed by some very clever use of guard, grab, chain pushing and a single claw player. I went into the game thinking I needed to stay away from THE CLAW player but no matter where I left my players Screwie managed to find a way of pushing someone next to him for a free hit before using his blitz somewhere more important. Lesson learned, grab is awesome!

Sinister Sixteen (Screwie, CHA) 1 - 0 Hippocratic Oafs (Brain, ORC)

Unfortunately that's the last game for the Oafs. I don't have time for two leagues so will only be playing in the DoD from now on. It's been a tough slog from a completely fresh team to a decently levelled one that dreams of mid table obscurity but I've really enjoyed my games here. See you all in the DoD!

Thanks Brain!

That was a fun match to end the season on. I admit I was scared facing your guys - they have at least as much Guard as I do and six ST 4+ players - but at the end of the day I think my Grab and my slightly better MA and AG helped me get the upper hand. Casualties were very light on both sides - just two BH for you (and only one caused by the clawmaster).

My moment of triumph was probably in the first half, when I was able to peel apart the front of your cage like a tin opener and blitz your ball carrier with a 2D block through the gap.

Good game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Janek! We're up. Saturday or Sunday early afternoon?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Hey PresidentWeasel, I could play you any day after Wednesday. When is it good for you?
    Friday? Friday is after Wednesday. 8pm UK time?

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    My moment of triumph was probably in the first half, when I was able to peel apart the front of your cage like a tin opener and blitz your ball carrier with a 2D block through the gap.
    That surprised the hell out of me. I was busy pouring myself a beer and by the time I looked back up you were holding the ball! I'm going to have to watch the replay to figure that one out.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberpunkdreams View Post
    The weekend should be good, slight preference for Sunday afternoon.
    Anytime other than 2-4pm Sunday is clear at the moment. Do you want to just give me a shout when you see me online or organise a specific time?

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Friday? Friday is after Wednesday. 8pm UK time?
    Yes. Yes, Friday is after Wednesday and therefore 8pm should work out fine.

Edit: I am online, Mr. President. Ready for the challenge!
    Last edited by Squiz; 22-03-2013 at 08:03 PM.

Apologies for lateness!

Hexolatl Golden Geckos 3-1 Quite Nice White Mice

Prince Pitpankolilu the Sublime,
    He scores when he wants,
    He scoooores when he waaants.

Having an Ag5 skink is probably cheating, I reckon.

The Quite Nice White Mice's disappointing season ends not with a bang but with a whimper, as I resigned round about turn 6 with the match clearly lost. A blitz had put the lizards 2-1 up with them due to receive in the second half, my apoc had failed to heal my str 4 linerat's broken ankle (although I suppose death is a permanent cure) and was therefore unavailable to heal my rat ogre when he was badly hurt during the blitz, and the connection was spectacularly bad, taking 20 or 30 seconds to confirm a pass and catching us both out by finishing the setup phase before we were finished our setups. I couldn't be arsed fighting the game for another hour and a bit to complete a game I'd already lost with a team I wouldn't play again, so I asked if Squirrel minded my resigning and he was very gracious about it.

The Mice may go into the Challenge League instead of the bin though, as the new gutter runner picked up +str after the game.

Not a lot to add from my side. The lag was indeed horrible and caught me on the wrong foot once or twice, most notably during a setup phase (which then was reconciled by the Blitz! event). The Prince was in good shape today, no BH for the six turns the game lasted, which is a first I think.

Thanks for the match President Weasel!

And with that, the season is finished for me as well. Playing a rather fresh team (well, Block on nearly all my Sauri and a Sidestep or Diving Tackle on a Skink I believe) in the Open was a mixed bag for me. The first few games went horribly, as I was unable to deal with some of the more developed teams. The last few matches went ok I think, but I honestly can't tell how much of that was due to silly luck.

The Golden Geckos won't make a return next season. Thanks for the matches everyone, it was a (sometimes masochistic) pleasure.

Sorry to see you go, squirrelfanatic!

Indeed, please reconsider. You're considerably better at the game than you seem to believe.

Can Devision G be rolled onto week 3 as soon as possible please? if someone sees this now, that would be awesome Big C and I want to play our match

Even though this is the wrong thread I shall oblige.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Janek! We're up. Saturday or Sunday early afternoon?
    Yes that sounds sensible. Grab me on Steam whenever.

Lesser Hivemind Node cyberpunkdreams's Avatar
    Is Jolima about at the moment? We've got a match to play and I've not heard from him to arrange a time yet.

Goodbye Maths Squad. I won't delete them just yet because it might screw up the league but their burning longboat is on standby.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Insufferable finished the season in a more than respectable second place, after a 4-2 win against Drawliens amazons. Got a +ST on my +MV, block, dodge, sidestep catcher too.

Not sure if this team will carry over to next season, of if there might be a new (probably fresh) team in the works. Depends on what's available at seasonstart.