Page 3 of 302 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    @Chainsawhands -secretary has vetoed Thursday, how are you set for the weekend?
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Noones going to savage me for my appalling joke? :P

I considered adding some more Arnie references to it to be honest.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Network Hub
    I should really think of a new name...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by groovychainsaw View Post
    @Chainsawhands -secretary has vetoed Thursday, how are you set for the weekend?
    Busy most of the weekend. How's Monday next week?

I just played one of my worst games in a while. Neither me or Duffin had a game to write home about to be honest, with him edging me on play and a little on luck. It was 1-0 to him in the end and I only suffered one MNG so it could all have been worse.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Yeh, I was guilty of rerolling some block dice out of greed, only to turn over before standing all my players up. Unforgiveable really. Ian failed to cover a skink that was in range for a jump-up ninja touchdown and tried some block dice before ball handling which turned him over, leaving me to get my hands on the ball and usher it to safety in the second half.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    To: Ian Warboss
    Subject: Commiserations

HUUUUUUUUUUGS

Message ends.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 07-06-2011 at 10:44 PM.

Also: I spent most of the game failing pick-up and hand-off rolls with skinks. Only for Ian to blitz a skink in turn 15, releasing the ball into the path of a saurus who promptly picked it up whilst playing on his Nintendo 3DS.

I'm beginning to think you have a thing for me, Weasel.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Yes, the thing I have is a crudely drawn picture of an otter called Philippe being dropped from a plane to hug the inhabitants below. I thought that thing might cheer you up after your game :)

Hi Chainsawhands, how's friday night sound for you? If not, monday might be ok. If off on holidays on weds night (for a week), so things are getting a little tight :-)

Looks like I'll be busy on Friday night, so can we go for Monday? I'm also unexpectedly free on Tuesday night if that helps.

Ok, mon or tues it is. I'll say monday for now, 8pm. I'll let you know if it changes! (holiday packing/last minute shopping may interfere!)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    This morning my ‘flings took on Jolima’s prancing pansies in a tense encounter. Nuffle’s whimsical nature was in full display as he handed both coaches a succession of problems. I spent my inducement cash on Morg, Zara and a Chef.

Things began badly for Frenzy with the rain coming down but we have an AG4 ‘fling on the books to help mitigate the risk. A perfect defence made things worse, but as compensation the Chef took 2 rerolls. Jolima kicked deep which was something of a relief as it meant I had a free turn to secure the ball.

Zara started well, stunning and KOing on her first two turns but after that she had a bad outing, never breaking armour again. Worse still the referee was annoyingly vigilant and spotted both my early fouls, with just one KO to show for it. A succession of impotent hits culminated in a failed Jump Up roll, leaving the ball carrier exposed. Jolima immediately deployed some Blackle to free the ball but both coaches despaired as the ball scattered into the branches of a Tree on halfway.

Not to be outdone by his fellow Tree my non-ball handler immediately responded by blitzing down and killing a thrower, giving Connery his second kill of the season. The ball carrier took root, forcing the reroll. Cue much annoyance at Cyanides faulty implementation of Break Tackle as he dodged away with a 6 but used Break Tackle anyway, preventing the vital extra movement into the open.

Jolima was running short of players but was keeping enough screening in place to slow the advance. By turn seven risky offence was required. With no one in scoring position Zara was blitzed free and the star received the hand off. A fail would have left the TTM as the only option, but Zara held the ball and advanced towards the line. She survived the desperation half die hit to secure Frenzy a 1-0 half time lead.

The second half saw the elfin offence looking for the quick leveller to give them time to force the win, but fate conspired against them. An early dodging failure wasted a turn and the ball was briefly lost to a half die hit after stunty was utilised to break into a half cage. Just like the first half the ball scattered from the ball carrier into the arms of a supporting team mate. Jolima advanced into scoring range. A ‘fling was tossed back to attempt the half die blitz, but this time the 50% dodge into the cage failed both attempts as the elf cruised home. 1-1 with 4 turns to hold out.

Elves again kicked fairly deep but Frenzy had set up very conservatively. At this point I’d decided to play for the draw and then chance my arm with a TTM attempt once the draw was safe. To this end I handed the ball off to Morg, relying on his strength to hold the ball. Sadly I wasn’t able to safely advance the ball far enough to pose a real scoring threat and instead came under increasing pressure. In the end I opted for a fling cage near a sideline, operating on the principle that even if things went wrong I’d still have a good chance of scatter providing salvation.

Things went wrong. Zara was required to blitz to free 1 TZ off Morg but a GFI was required. Cue failure and loner failure. Elves now had a chance, but had to roll a lot of dice. In the end a 1 in 9 hit on a fling had to be rerolled, leaving just one bite of the cherry once the 2 die hit on Morg was manufactured. Pushback/Skull left a last chance half die hit, but even had that worked too many players had been activated leaving a very kind scatter the only chance. In the event the half die failed, and as added insult Morg injured his man. There was a hugely unlikely TTM chance that would have required 100% perfect scatter and GFIs but the toss was fumbled.

1-1 was probably a fair result although Frenzy definitely had the better of the dice, weather and fouls apart. Frenzy got the big rolls at big moments and were able to control the clock with comparative ease.

Obscure Node
    Alright Laneford, looks like it's us this time.

When suits?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    US TIME.

Right I'm free almost every evening this week I think with a bit of notice. From about 6pm onwards.

Obscure Node
    Ought to be doable. US time you say?

Which US timezone are you in and I'll do the maths to find us a time?

Hi Chainsawhands. I'm not entirely sure how free I'll be this evening (sorry!). I can do a really early match (say 5pm), or would a late start be ok for you? Say 10pm? If not, can we push back to tuesday. I'm just a little swamped at the moment trying to sort out holiday things :-S.

5pm's a no-go, and I've got a cup match on Tuesday so that's not really viable either. However! Sleep is for the weak, so 10pmish should be fine.