Page 4 of 302 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Khryses View Post
    Ought to be doable. US time you say?

Which US timezone are you in and I'll do the maths to find us a time?
    He's in the UK. "US TIME" as in "TIME FOR US TO PLAY". :p
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Yeah sorry. I fail at spaeking.

Ian will handle all match arranging from me on my behalf from now on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    5pm's a no-go, and I've got a cup match on Tuesday so that's not really viable either. However! Sleep is for the weak, so 10pmish should be fine.
    2230 now, you about gc?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    I'm here now - sorry I'm so late - got dragged into late night shopping. I genuinely thought shops would be closed by 8, but apparently not...
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

That was a brutal match against The Great Flying Snots. An ogre got BH early on, with the apothecary being called in to get him back on his feet ready to come back on the next time they set up. In the meantime, though, The Horny Goats managed a BH on a snotling, a -1MV on the +1AG Block Break Tackle ogre, and then finally an ogre rolled a skull and killed himself. At that point (turn 8) groovychainsaw decided to concede the match.

2-0 to THG. I was obviously hoping for a lot of injuries this match, but I thought it would be the snotlings!

Thanks to groovychainsaw for the game, and for remaining cheerful in the face of Nuffle's Holy Wrath as it decimated his team.

Replay here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Is that the cursed slot or something? First Daave gets his Norse slaughtered and drops out, now Groovy's ogres get savagely beaten up by 'Hands and he concedes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    It certainly felt like it - my team was ruined by turn 7! :-). I was likely to concede the game anyway, as last night was the last one me and chainsawhands could play and I got back pretty late from my outing. I was in two minds about playing, I thought I'd give it a go, starting late last night and getting the game done.

It wasn't going too badly at first, opting to receive, getting the ball, rumbling a cage of sorts upfield, making some hits (didn't score a single KO/Cas on any of chainsawhands' players all game either). Then one ogre goes down badly hurt. Fine, i think, you usually only get one go down in a game, I'll apo him to come back on next drive. Then I continued to be annoying with snots and break tackle, making my way up the pitch. Then a smashed hip (on my star +1AG and block ogre 'runner') followed by a death and then chainsawhands getting a defensive touchdown took the wind out of me somewhat. As it was about 11:40 by this point and i was massively out strengthed on the pitch and only kicking off to chainsawhands next half, i decided playing for another hour wouldn't be much fun (and really, what else do you play ogres for?) so asked if chainsawhands was ok with me conceding at that point. Its one of few cases where a concession actually means he probably got less SPPs than he would have had, spending the entire second half beating up all my snotlings. The irony was, the snots appeared to be quite tough so far, only one badly hurt!!

Ta for the game chainsawhands, hopefully you'll have netted an absolute hatful of SPPs from that one so even the short nature of the game should have done your team no harm at all :-).
    Last edited by groovychainsaw; 14-06-2011 at 08:39 AM.
    Benevolent dictator of the RPS Blood Bowl Divisions of Death - Join us!

Network Hub
    Well i think it's my elves against him next, considering they have currently got the agility of a troll, the luck of a man lost in space and the ball carry skills of a dead minotaur i can see there being another slaughter on the cards :d

on the plus side, claw makes naff all difference against my elves :P

groovychainsaw - you did manage a niggling injury on one of my +ST beastmen, I believe. I apothed it to BH though.

Arnisaurus - yeah, good thing I've not actually taken any claw yet then. ;-)

Please feel free not to take any until after you play my orcs. Kthxbye.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Yeah sorry. I fail at spaeking.

Ian will handle all match arranging from me on my behalf from now on.
    6pm it is - not today, but tomorrow 'k?

I'll stagger straight from my savage beating at your hands to the soothing balm of a savage beating at Monty's side in SoW *laugh*

6pm Wednesday then? Sounds groovy baby.

So who do I have? Keep forgetting to check when I'm at home.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

The next round doesn't roll on until Laneford and Khryses have played...

Ahh, I thought they were just early birds in organising the next'un.

A rather fortunate 2-1 victory for 3 Feet High and Rising, means the inaugral week can be ended. Cheers for the game Khryses! Thanks for waiting guys!

League's moved on. Third round marked in the spreadsheet. Next round ends on the 25th.

drawlien, maybe I can break your winning streak once more this weekend? (Can't play Saturday afternoon/evening.)

Would about 7.30pm on Sunday be O.K. Jolima?

Sure would. See you then.

Edit: Hey, Postcounts!

Zoraster, I know we just played in the Divisions, but it's my Orcs vs your Halflings in the Open this week. I can't promise anything at the weekend, but I can do Thursday evening or any weekday evening next week, take your pick.