Page 6 of 303 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    An event filled and exciting match between my orcs and Zoraster's halflings. He had about 600k in inducments and bought Zora and the Scariest Tree In The World. I believe its name was Branchmaim Murderbastard.

I managed to shunt Zora off the pitch and injure her during the orcs' drive in the first half, with the orcs eventually scoring after an elf-tastic crossfield pass to a blitzer who was suddenly unmarked after he 2-red diced a tree the turn before and knocked it down. (Zoraster's trees really struggled with the concept of standing up in this match, failing the roll far more than would be statistically likely). I kept Rootslaughter McViolentdeath tied up for most of the match by swarming him with brave black orcs for him to punch, but by the same token Zoraster kept my black orcs and troll tied up for most of the match with Treekill Von Owchthat'smyspleen and one of his treemen, leaving the other tree free to wreak wooden havoc on any of my blitzers who tried to hit his ball carrier.

Zoaster scored in turn 16. I had one turn to win the match. I set up the goblin next to the troll.
    He kicked short. THe kickoff dice gave me a reroll. I picked up the ball with a blitzer, took one go for it (there goes the reroll, easy come easy go), handed off to the goblin who caught it. This had already gone better than I had expected.
    The troll took a firm grasp on the goblin, swung, and threw straight and true!
    The goblin sailed through the air, clutching the ball, and, amazingly, landed successfully. This never happens.

With the hard stuff done, the goblin needed only make one dodge and two go for its to win me the match. He failed the dodge and badly hurt himself. That's blood bowl, folks.

Cheers to Zoraster for such a fun game. The draw was the least he deserved.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Aye, it was another good fun encounter of fluctuating fortunes, comedic cock-ups and typical BB anarchic entertainment. The headline news is Iím still unbeaten at the quarter way point of the season, and Iím going to be at least 4 points off bottom. Iím also halfway to my pre-season points target so yay me!

Exactly how I got away with it today will remain a mystery. What could go wrong pretty much did go wrong; the game even managed to reconnect after my router reset itself shortly after Zara was taken out the match... you just know I wouldnít have been able to reconnect if the game was going well :)

Quote Originally Posted by Arnisarus View Post
    Sorry Duff! just got back from work. shoulda been back a couple of hours ago, i'll hang round on steam or can play 7:30 tomorrow if not. sorry dude :P

No worries, I'll look out for you tonight on steam!

Lots of games still missing and seemingly unscheduled while the round is due to end this Saturday. I'll try to round up the status of them, let me know if I got anything wrong.

Khryses, hopefully you and Groovy can manage to play, otherwise you have the win for now.

Duffin, Arnisarus: due to play today.

Ian, 'Hands: You were scheduled for yesterday but never played? Have you rescheduled?

Laneford, Hugh': Hugh hasn't replied to Laneford's challenge, so Laneford has the win for now.

Sgt.Ragekage: Welcome, but as others have said: come back around September when a new season is scheduled to start.

Oh balls, I didn't realise the deadline was this close. Me and Arnisarus are playing this Sunday now, if you will give us permission to have a day extra? *grovel*

Obscure Node
    Cheers Jolima - though I'd be sorry to miss out on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolima View Post
    Lots of games still missing and seemingly unscheduled while the round is due to end this Saturday. I'll try to round up the status of them, let me know if I got anything wrong.

Khryses, hopefully you and Groovy can manage to play, otherwise you have the win for now.

Duffin, Arnisarus: due to play today.

Ian, 'Hands: You were scheduled for yesterday but never played? Have you rescheduled?

Laneford, Hugh': Hugh hasn't replied to Laneford's challenge, so Laneford has the win for now.

Sgt.Ragekage: Welcome, but as others have said: come back around September when a new season is scheduled to start.
    I didnae see no challenge, I promise. Plus this blasted site without RSS has ruined things for me a smite. Apologies anyhoo.

Well, Thursday pm might be doable and failing that, Saturday morn maybe? Any good to you, Lois?

Network Hub
    Ah right yea, we were gonna play monday, which we didnt coz of my work then we were gonna play yesterday but Duff was feeling really crap, so is it possible for us to play sunday, if not

Duff can you play this evening ?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolima View Post
    Yes, for Friday.

Hi Arni sorry I missed your message on steam was ingame and alt-tabbed just as you logged off. I can't really play tonight, going out for a meal with the family to celebrate my graduation. I can do thurs, fri, sat or sun though... hopefully Jolima will allow us an extra day if Sunday is most convenient for you, he's been quite accomodating in the past!

Network Hub
    I can do thursday about 9:30 ish if thats any good for you? ill have just finished mma training though so will be knackered but as my elves are already paggered i dont think it will matter too much :D

If all you can do is Sunday, go ahead and play it then, but try to get it in by Saturday if possible.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HughTower View Post
    I didnae see no challenge, I promise. Plus this blasted site without RSS has ruined things for me a smite. Apologies anyhoo.

Well, Thursday pm might be doable and failing that, Saturday morn maybe? Any good to you, Lois?
    I can definitely do tomorrow evening, otherwise Saturday should be ok for me yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    I can definitely do tomorrow evening, otherwise Saturday should be ok for me yeah.
    Work's hardcore at the moment so watch this space for tomorrow/Thursday night, otherwise Saturday morning is a solid safety net.

Thanks.

Arni - thurs at 9.30 sounds good, I'll be around on steam tommorow night then.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    Arni - thurs at 9.30 sounds good, I'll be around on steam tommorow night then.
    Okay cool, note the "ish" though! i will defo be on, its just sometimes mma overruns a little and i get back a little late, so see that as 9:30 - 10 "ish" :D

Quote Originally Posted by Arnisarus View Post
    Okay cool, note the "ish" though! i will defo be on, its just sometimes mma overruns a little and i get back a little late, so see that as 9:30 - 10 "ish" :D
    Sure, no worries. If you message me and there is no reply spam me a bit as I may be ingame and not here the steam 'beep'!

Work's hardcore at the moment so watch this space for tomorrow/Thursday night, otherwise Saturday morning is a solid safety net.

Thanks.
    Right. On way home. Reckon I could get on somewhere round 930 tonight if that's not too late, Laneford. Post here if you're up for dat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Right. On way home. Reckon I could get on somewhere round 930 tonight if that's not too late, Laneford. Post here if you're up for dat.
    That'll be fine for me mate. I think our jobs are going opposite levels of activity!

Coolio. See you ingame.

Do you want to job-swap?