Page 76 of 303 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126176 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,520 of 6044
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Dear Blood Bowl peoples!

I shall be falling off a mountain in Italy for the next seven days, apologies if this delays an orgy of fantasy sports based violence that you had planned to partake with me!

I shall be back saturday afternoon, (uk times).

Cheers!
    Ah, okie doke then.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Grinn and I played our game last night, with the orcs taking the win from my poor tired nurgle lads, i really felt the lack of a skilled players after last weeks bloodbath and while i got that special warrior man and a bribe from inducements he got sent off in turn 4 for fouling, so spent most of the match scrambeling defences, still a well deserved win for grinn, cheers pal!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Always use the cheapest man for fouling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    Ah I know but he has dirty player with str 5, too tempting

Str doesn't matter for fouling. In fact I'd say str 5 is a pretty good reason not to foul w/ someone.
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'd only foul with Borak if I had a bribe in hand, and even then I'd probably wait for a juicy enough target.

Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    Str doesn't matter for fouling. In fact I'd say str 5 is a pretty good reason not to foul w/ someone.
    I'm guessing Lowkey just meant to type Mighty Blow there.

I'd probably never foul with Borak and pretend he's only a ST 5 blocker with Block and MB instead. 300k is such a massive cost.

Quote Originally Posted by potatoedoughnut View Post
    Indeed. I had to go and look that up in case it was one of those things I "knew" about blood bowl that wasn't actually true. I was right though, fouls are straight armour rolls - 2d6 plus whatever unmarked assists you have.

That Borak guy's skills are very much a case of flavour over synergy - he has skills more because an "ebil Chaos Man" would have them than because they work together well. Dirty player is pointless on one of your highest-value players.

Always foul with your cheapest, most disposable players. Rotters, linerats, goblins, lineorcs if you haven't got a goblinw ith sneaky git and dirty player, skellingtons...

It's simple maths - you're attempting to get rid of one of their mans for all or part of the match, in exchange for one of your own being off the pitch for the rest of the game. The foul may not work but your player is always risking being sent off, which is why you should always have as many assists as possible to try to make sure your foul succeeds.
    Sneaky git means your player only risks getting sent off if the foul succeeds, so if you have a sneaky git you should probably be fouling high value players with him every turn on the offchance the foul succeeds.

What you should always be trying to do, though, is swap a player you won't miss for a player the other side will. Swap a linerat for a wardancer. Swap a goblin for a troll. Swap a rotter for a troll slayer.

Also, if you're planning on fouling, have a deep bench. If they have 12 players and you have 14, and you foul 3 into the injury box and get 3 of your players sent off doing it, you're winning. The other way round, and you've created a massive problem for yourself.

Living up your moniker, it seems, you dirty little weas...

Not at all, I rarely* foul. Just putting the information out there so that those who want to foul can do it as professionally and cynically as possible.

*yes, OK, I stamped on that ogre recently and injured him out of the game, and it was glorious

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Ok I'm back now.

Five games outstanding and it's theoretically deadline day

:(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Jolima - we should probably find a time, I've been keeping an eye out for you on steam, but it hasn't quite matched when we're both on.

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Ok I'm back now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiiiiim View Post
    Five games outstanding and it's theoretically deadline day

:(
    Sadly I really have no time to play today.

@Laneford: Tomorrow evening is the best I can do. :(

Come on, bum faces. Get your games in. Make an effort, use the Steams, use PMs on the forum.

So HughTower - The plan to play over the weekend, meeting via steam seems to have failed. Can you do Wednesday during the day, Thursday around 8pm (if my DoD opponent can't do Wednesday) or Friday around 7.30pm?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Didn't get a chance to replay my interrupted match against Prestor John, and definitely won't get a chance before Thursday, so I suspect we'll have to take the 2-1 to me score of crashiness. So many elfs... uninjured. :'(

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Didn't get a chance to replay my interrupted match against Prestor John, and definitely won't get a chance before Thursday, so I suspect we'll have to take the 2-1 to me score of crashiness. So many elfs... uninjured. :'(
    A classy piece of Elven Flukery put the Wood Elves on the scoreboard but we were outmatched overall. Few injuries is always good but 3/4 throught he match we were d/c 'd.

More SP's need more SP's.

Got my match against mrpier in as a 2-2 draw after much elfines from both sides. mrpier sacrificed two of his lineelves to make amends.

Only Screwie vs Laneford and drawlien vs HughTower (and 'Hands vs Prester) remaining.

It looks like Laneford and I won't be able to get a game in before... next Monday!

So default us, I guess :(