Page 7 of 303 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    A very fortunate 4-1 win for 3 feet High and Rising despite HughTower's cunning and highly original strategy of fielding 12 players.

Network Hub
    Duff and I played our match last night, my woodies once again losing 2 - 1, the match was actually alot closer than i expected based on the TV difference, i got a few lucky dodges, as well as some awful ones, whilst duff got highly unlucky actually injuring elves ... I had 10 players on most of the time! so many elves i got confused with what to do with them all! i'm used to using about 4:D

In the end i think the 2 deciding points in the match were Duff getting a blitz on kickoff, and managing to get a skink to the ball covered by a saurus, the skink was promptly fried to death by the wizard (who i really should have saved)

the second being my WD deciding to ko herself on a gfi, i'm pretty sure she did this twice.... leaving me with no one in range of the speedy skink who snuck through to my end zone on turn 16

That HughTower's a scamp, eh? ;)

We still on for tonight 'Hands? It was only last night late on I remembered it was tonight we're playing!
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Yeah, 8pm.

DISASTER.

A family dinner has sprung out from behind a hedge and mauled my Friday evening. And I believe another similar will be taking place tomorrow. _ Would you prefer tomorrow during the day or Sunday night?
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnisarus View Post
    Duff and I played our match last night, my woodies once again losing 2 - 1, the match was actually alot closer than i expected based on the TV difference, i got a few lucky dodges, as well as some awful ones, whilst duff got highly unlucky actually injuring elves ... I had 10 players on most of the time! so many elves i got confused with what to do with them all! i'm used to using about 4:D

In the end i think the 2 deciding points in the match were Duff getting a blitz on kickoff, and managing to get a skink to the ball covered by a saurus, the skink was promptly fried to death by the wizard (who i really should have saved)

the second being my WD deciding to ko herself on a gfi, i'm pretty sure she did this twice.... leaving me with no one in range of the speedy skink who snuck through to my end zone on turn 16
    Yes I think getting fried to death by a wizard's lightning bolt after sprinting into the opposition half with blitz is the most glorious death you can have in blood bowl!

Also when your wardancer ko'd himself he did do about 5 dodges, a leap, and a gfi, so he was bound to fail one surely!?

I'll be out tomorrow during the day, so Sunday night it is. I believe the deadline's Saturday, but hopefully that'll be ok?

I imagine such invariably-reliable and handsome chaps as us will be cut a little slack.

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    A very fortunate 4-1 win for 3 feet High and Rising despite HughTower's cunning and highly original strategy of fielding 12 players.
    I highly recommend it as a tactic. It really does make the pitch seem a whole lot smaller.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I cannot help but notice that you still lost.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Hi Khryses, I'm back from my hols, sorry I've been away for so long! When's good for you? I got a slot tomorrow morning if that's any good? Let me know when works for you and I'll see if i can fit in the game!

/Edit - Just read back and noticed we're supposed to play by today. Errrm - any time today you can think of - I'm likely to be out for most of the afternoon...
    Last edited by groovychainsaw; 25-06-2011 at 11:06 AM.

Sunday is fine as well for those of you who need it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    So, mine and Khryses game played out this morning, and I left with a resounding 2-0 victory! (The first time my ogres have scored twice!).

In brief, although i was missing 2 lvl 4 ogres from my previous match (one dead, one -1ma), Khryses helped me out by using 100k of his cash to buy a reroll. This gave me enough to hire a merc ogre, bringing me back to 5. Khryses won the toss and opted to receive. A bit of bashing/pushing occurred for a couple of turns whilst Khryses tried to bring down a wing (mostly populated by 1 ogre and a handful of snots). My left was holding up well, but the right was looking weaker. The ball came in there, but Khryses has left one of my ogres lying down in behind, with his ball carrier exposed from that side. A swift blitz later and the ball carrier was down and one of my snots has gone on an epic 3 dodge run to pick up the ball and scarper into Khryses half. This was swiftly curtailed the next turn by being hit by a wight and killed for his troubles. Still, the ball was lying on the floor for my turn and my ogre broke free of his man (good ole break tackle) and KO'd the wight. A nearby snot grabbed the ball and disappeared upfield. I tried to keep hitting, scoring a good few KO's, but by turn 7 I had to run it in as there was too much pressure on the ball (and the snot goes down easily!). This gave Khryses 2 chances at KO recovery, which I'd been trying to avoid. Still, after one turn of bashing, the second half began in the pouring rain this time with me receiving and one wight and one skeleton still Ko'd (his mummy had got back up though...). More my style, receiving and bashing, but a classic bug occurred where one of my ogres vanished from the field. Usually they return in a random location on kickoff, but this time he was off the pitch and had been replaced by a snotling. Great... down to 4 ogres for the second half meant some hasty thinking. I cage up round the ball and look to free a lineogre for ball carrying duties (I'm missing my ag3 ogre thanks to the last game). A bit of bashing gets my best ogre free, and he runs in to attempt the 5+ pickup. I didn't expect him to get it first time, even with a reroll, but he rolls a 6 and scoops it up off the rain-sodden grass. Good hands that man! The second half turns into a bit of a grind from here, with the classic 'reverse cage' from the ogres (heavy guy in the middle, snots on all corners) and the other ogres looking to bash holes About turn 12, I make a break for it and get clear of Khryses, thanks to some 2 turn stuns and some judicious stamping by my snots. Khryses attempts to get at least one player free, but I blitz his ghoul with my ball carrier and badly hurt him. A snot kills one of Khryses zombies and its basically the end of the game. Ogre runs it in, turn 16. Khryses gets double skulls on his first hit of the kickoff and ends the game with another badly hurt.

So... that was interesting. We were fairly closely matched on TV, Khryses getting me an extra ogre was surprisingly useful (for the first half at least). He got a LOT of pushes on my snots (which must have been pretty frustrating for him on 3 dice rolls) who proved resilient and very annoying (sidestep is really useful for getting in the way). Thick skull saved my ogres from KO's no less than 3 times, too, so they had obviously recovered some resilience after their capitulation in their last game.

Good game Khryses, things were definitely stacked against you today and my team had obviously decided they wanted to show what they could do after their last humbling defeat. Hopefully you picked up a few SPPs from snot-bashing and will be ok for your next game :-)

For a game that I only lost by one, almost fluked to a 2-0 lead at one point and suffered zero permanent injuries that was an absolute dice nightmare. Aside from a tasty pass/catch/dodge touchdown in the first two turns and a blitz that almost allowed the aforementioned fluky 2-0 lead I passed almost nothing that wasn't a frivolous dodge roll.

Ian got off to a good start, with a quite elfy TD on turn 2 and a blitz (combined with a surprisingly difficult to knock down sidestepping catcher) putting him very close to going 2-0 up. Eventually I was able to remove the players in my half, and trudge up the pitch to stall for a turn and score on turn 8.

It was sweltering heat for the entire match, which meant that, while we both got hit with missing players, I had enough subs to keep up but the injuries The Horny Goats had inflicted on Ian's Top to Toe is Spandex left them down several players. Combined with my natural ST advantage the second half was a fairly straightforward march up the pitch to score on turn 16, despite at least two double-skulls to eat my rerolls for me.

A fairly standard 2-1 grind for me, with Ian's injuries leaving him not enough on the pitch to get the win. Replay here. Thanks to Ian for the game.

All games played in round 3, it's time for round 4!

Yay! I've marked them up. Some interesting matches this round: Duffin, who has won every match so far faces of against 'Hands who is only a single draw away from the same distinction. Zoraster's halflings gets their chance to be the big boys as they take on Groovy's snotlings.

For myself, I'm playing HughTower. When suits? Sometime next weekend perhaps?

And my orcs get to mutilate Arni's squeaky elves!
    I may well lose the match, but then I'm not really playing the same game as everyone else this season. I'm sure those touchdowns are nice and all, but I yearn for the snapping and crunching sounds of broken players and shattered dreams.

When would you like your elves broken for you, Arni? I can do any evening this week, or the weekend if it suits.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    And my orcs get to mutilate Arni's squeaky elves!
    I may well lose the match, but then I'm not really playing the same game as everyone else this season. I'm sure those touchdowns are nice and all, but I yearn for the snapping and crunching sounds of broken players and shattered dreams.

When would you like your elves broken for you, Arni? I can do any evening this week, or the weekend if it suits.
    Oh god this fills me with dread!, got much tackle !?!?

to be fair they are pretty broken already i think your orcs should go play in the ocean, next to a shark breeding ground.

on a less oh my god i'm going to die theme, well actually no on the exact theme, i can play tonight at 7:30 if you want :D otherwise any other night at 7:30 is good for me, except thursday.

Let's play tonight at 7.30 then!
    To be fair, it'll be the dice that determine the brokenness or otherwise of your elves. And as for tackle, due to my fear and hatred of amazons it's something I've been working on. I've only got two or three players with tackle, but one of those also has mighty blow and piling on.