Page 10 of 303 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Sunday night, duff?

Hey, I'm now playing Chainsawhands in the 'divisions' tommorow night (I think that deadline is closer than ours), is any of mon / tues / wed night any good for you?

Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Jolima you've thrown a black kettle through the windows of my glass house, proving an englishman's home is truly where the heart grows fonder through his stomach, as I, from 2nd place, realise it was better to have been 1st and lost for want of a horse.

Or something.
    It's as funny as being tickled by a Cheshire cat.

Keep up the good work, chaps.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    This morning my doughty ‘flings took on Groovy’s Ogres in a battle for tier 3 honour. Personally I was dreading this game as I had no real experience of the match-up. The return of Groovy’s AG3/Block monster was an added concern. With lots of Break Tackle but no Guard I decided my best hope was try and keep the Ogres penned in with the three Trees and trust in Bonehead to limit the one/two die chances.

In the event things worked out ideally. A perfect defence allowed me to force some additional early contact where Groovy had attempted to avoid any, and Groovy did play into my hands somewhat by pushing the whole team over on one side of the pitch, allowing me to partition off 75% of the field from the off.

I lost an early chance to surf an Ogre as I wasn’t sure if the stab pop up preventing dauntless bug was still present or not. Because of this I tried to get a ‘fling over to assist for the guaranteed one die hit but he failed the dodge (for the record the bug is fixed as I discovered later in the match).

Groovy had been beset with ones after foolishly injuring Nuffle in the 2nd turn, burning his final reroll early in the 4th turn. When his ball carrier ended the turn failing a BT dodge it looked like Snots had shot their bolt. Frenzy gave them a lifeline as a Tree snake eyed a GFI but the Ogres were hopelessly hemmed in with the ball yet to cross the halfway line and time becoming a factor. Out of rerolls and nowhere to go.

Frenzy knocked the ball loose and recovered it. Snots blitzed down the ‘fling, but had to take the both down option forcing the turnover before they could address the loose ball. This left the AG4 ‘fling free to pick up and utilise his sure feet to get out of range of everyone bar a single snotling. The half die blitz failed and Frenzy took a 1-0 lead at the interval.

Groovy had a nightmare beginning to the second half, losing 3 rerolls to the chef and having all three ogres on the left of the pitch going bonehead. This again allowed me to start trying to herd the Ogres into the woods and limit the impact of Ogre pace & Break Tackle.

I broke down the flank before a last ditch assault from the AG3/block monster prevented the second score. However the game was all but done, with all Groovy’s AG3 players too deep to score without tossing a snotling into position and only one AG2 player having any chance of reaching the end zone before time ran out.

Groovy now needed a miracle play just to keep the game alive for the final turn. The Ogre in my half blitzed down and injured his marker before advancing to the very edge of scoring range. Hero Snotling pulled off some typical crazy dodging before a very atypical pick-up in 2 TZs and an even more unusual huge pass that needed a 5 just to avoid a fumble. Alas the luck ran out and the AG2 catch failed, but the ball scattered to one of three squares that would allow the Ogre to pick-up and still be able to reach the end zone.

I tossed a fling back and marked the ball. I could have sat on the Ogre forcing a second non-BT dodge as he couldn’t afford movement to hit sideways, but he would have been an assist for a potential thrown snot blitz and I felt the additional negative modifier to the pick-up was sufficient, pushing the success percentage down into the mid-teens.

Final turn of the game saw Groovy needing 4 2+ rolls (Bonehead, BT dodge and GFIs) plus the tricky 5+ pick up. It was all a bit of an anti-climax as the dumb Ogre carried on the theme of the day by going bonehead. 1-0 win for Frenzy.

Any time from now should be good for me, duff - I've steamfriendinated you, so send me a message through that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Any time from now should be good for me, duff - I've steamfriendinated you, so send me a message through that.
    I'm supposed to be playing Duff tonight (in the Divisions) as well, I think he's double booked himself 'hands.

Hmm. This is the last chance I'll have to play him before the deadline's up.

So... duff had double-booked himself for yesterday and played his divisions match instead (with hindsight that was what his earlier message meant, but he confused me by saying he was playing "ChainsawHands" when he meant someone else). There's a slim chance I might be able to play tonight, and similar for Thursday, but Friday would be the next time I know I'm free. We may need to ask for an extension from the powers that be.

Aye ChainsawHands, I jus re-read my message above and I stupidly put your name instead of Lanefords. I'm such an idiot! Sorry for the confusion mate, if we can't get a small extension give the win to ChainsawHands. Also tonight is pretty much out for me, I am certainly free on Tues night but also Thurs or Fri.

Play on Thursday or Friday then.

duff - now that I know what you meant it's obvious, but originally I just skimmed the thread, saw "I'm playing ChainsawHands" and... well. ;-) I'm away on a training course, will be leaving after it's done on Thursday, but depending on when it finishes, traffic etc. it could be anything from 6 to 10pm before I'm home, so I can't really commit to a time but I'll hop on Steam if it's not too late. Friday I'm free - shall we say 7pm on Friday if I can't make Thursday?

Jolima - thanks!

Cool, if you catch me on steam thurs night then give me a shout and we will play, otherwise I should be free for 7pm on Fri. Thanks Jolima.

My Amazons played Khryses' Undead today and the girls rather excelled themselves, running in 4 touchdowns with none in reply.

The deaders started well, K.O.'ing about 4 ladies but their drive stalled a bit and the ball was knocked lose and run in for a defensive TD. The Amazons started the second half with a measured drive and scored on the 12th turn at which point they went a bit mad and managed to grab the ball in the backfield and score twice with a little help from a Blitz kick-off. About 8 Amazons must have been K.O.'d during the match but only one injured which was only a BH. In return they managed to BH one of only 2 ghouls (on a foul) and break the hip of a skellie.

Thanks to Khryses for the match, sorry it was a bit one-sided.

And that's the league ready to be moved on - 2-1 to duff's Skinkinators.

Which means Dufin is back in the lead again.

I've moved us on to the next round and marked those up in the spreadsheet.

President Weasel, I have the honour of facing you this time. I'm pretty much wide open at the moment, so just say when you can play or find me on Steam when I'm online.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus groovychainsaw's Avatar
    Ian, its your spandex-clad warriors vs my snots next up - when's good for you? I'm perfectly free for a saturday or sunday morning game right now. We can see if 6 ogres beats 1!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    How about right now? I;m kind of drunk, but I'm playing orcs :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Many, many elfs snapped in our match, but only one of them mildy died. The score was 1-1. It was fun times!
    Well, two of them died but the second one was just a linelf and the first one got apoced to safety. In turn 4. Which left Jolima with no apoc for most of the game. Jolima brought about ninety five elves with him, so despite the casualties he was able to field a full team for the second half. I came pretty close to scoring, pushing my block/dodge/sidestep blitzer to within a couple of squares of the line, and only pow or wrestle would have stopped him. Sadly for me, Jolima managed to reach him using dodge and go for its, and blitz him using dodge and go for its, and get wrestle, all with no rerolls. The ball bounced off the pitch and was thrown on out of reach of anybody, and the game ended in a probably deserved draw. Jolima's bench next week will be full of groin-strained, leg-fractured wounded elfs, so it looks like Duffin will line his lizards up against 10 elfs and a merc.

edit - just noticed the relative team values. We went into this match with exactly the same TV, 1850; Jolima's team now shows as 1460 which means I killed or MNG'ed 390K worth of elfs. And it still wasn't enough to get me the game!
    Last edited by President Weasel; 10-07-2011 at 01:48 PM.

I now only have 10 players left to face Duffin's murdering lizardmen next game. We'll see how many come out of that game.

I got double fives on a blitzer who already has guard, dodge and tackle. Any advice? I'm thinking Mighty Blow or possibly +MA.

Thanks for the game PW.

Edit: That blitzer has 6 out of 15 MVPs for my team! (15 who are still in the team at least.)
    Last edited by Jolima; 09-07-2011 at 09:00 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    So Mr Hands you are next on my dance card. As ever I can be very flexible with ample notice. Wednesday is out unless you can start by 17:00 but otherwise at the time of writing I can probably make space for you anywhere that takes your fancy.