Page 103 of 302 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 6032
    Yeah, a pretty ridiculous TD at the end to get the draw. Ball deep in my half with a Stand Firm Saurus covering it. Pick up from my +Agi Thrower and short pass to a linewoman on the halfway line. Runs it forward with a gfi and hands it off to a catcher covered by a Saurus and a Skink. 1d Blitz against skink to get free and run in the TD!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Zoraster and I played a very close game yesterday, his POMB-bombing norse against my highfalutin high elves. To avoid the linemen killing bastard vikings I chose to receive in the first half. I tried to look for an easy up the field, but with all the tackle and guard (and a surprising amount of doge) creating holes in the norse line seemed difficult. I eventually went down the right side, having seen an opening after knocking some norse down and others were down because of piling on. I only had enough players to set up a weak screen fairly close to the sidelines, however I had discounted jump up on so many players (3 or 4?) which made my position much less tenable than I had hoped. I had a chance to score early and I went for it, it started with a pass for spp that one my blitzers needed for level 4, a one, rerolled to one, fumbled pass, ball fumbled into the catchers square it was meant to go, luck after all? Another one, ball landed in an unoccupied square, still fairly well protected.

A brawl started up that I was ill-equipped to participate in, and my players started going off the pitch, luckily most of these were KO's rather than injured with a dead and a BH lineman being the exception. Through the magic of elvishness I managed to not let zoraster get too comfortable with the ball, and around round five, I had a chance to score with only a dodge into a tackle zone, pick up ball in two tacklezones, another dodge and a GFI to the safety of the end zone, piece of cake and 1-nil to the elves.

Zoraster started his drive down my left side, I felt good, all my KO'd players being back on the field. However an overcommit to the left side and a failed dodge, left my right side exposed, and again I was a little surprised by jump up, letting the norse put up a reasonable cage on the right side. Out of position without using lots of GFI's and no rerolls I was in a bad way and zoraster could walk in 1-1 in turn 8.

Second half and zoraster received the ball, I was surprisingly still 11 players strong, the KO'd players raising from the dazed again. Zoraster piled on my players a lot, but with a bit worse luck this half, this allowed to play a bit more confident in defence, blitzing the corners of his cage and being a nuisance. There was a lof of back and forth in this half, both had good chances to score only to be thwarted by bad dice at crucial moments. I was one dodge/GFI from scoring with a reroll, but failed the dodge, and zoraster had at least two occasions where he probably could have score had he not double skulled on a two dice block. Match ended 1-1.

Very tense and entertaining match that could have gone both ways, so thanks for the game zoraster and I hope I never play a game against a team with that much POMB again. :-)

Prester old chap. I'm out this weekend in the main, but how about Tuesday night around 9pm? Any good?

Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawHands View Post
    Oh, totally missed this. Don't think I'll be able to do Saturday, but I'll probably be free on Sunday.
    Can you do 10 am on Sunday? I think I'll be busy all afternoon/evening.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Later would be better, but 10am should be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by HughTower View Post
    Prester old chap. I'm out this weekend in the main, but how about Tuesday night around 9pm? Any good?
    Sounds like a date.....

I broke the game. :(

2-0 up in turn 16 and the ball is lying around surrounded by players of both sides. I send a frenzy-elf to chain push a side-stepper onto the ball, who--it seems--manages to pick it up. (I don't think that should be possible though so it might just have been a visual artifact) Then the game goes into overdrive and keeps rolling dice and sending out log-messages about the ball bouncing in different directions without any visual result.

After waiting a few minutes we decided to replay the game later on.

*sadface*

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolima View Post
    I broke the game. :(

2-0 up in turn 16
    After waiting a few minutes we decided to replay the game later on.

*sadface*
    I think we can be pretty sure you were going to win that one, surely a 2-0 admin result would be fair?

The problem with that is I'd managed 4 injuries, so with that and the MVP if it gets admined I'd be down 13SPP and whatever cash I'd have gotten.

Actually, Jolima had made at least some passes, so if we set it to 3-2 to Jolima I think that'd keep us both on roughly the same amount of SPP, and also let Jolima keep the (deserved) win. Does that seem fair?

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Doesn’t work like that ‘Hands. There are only two options for an admin result. A draw, giving both sides one winnings dice, an MVP and a TD or a win giving two of each to one team and nothing to the other. You can set any score you like but it is purely cosmetic. The choice is a binary one.

Personally if that was my league I’d validate the game as it stands but admin the BBM result to the pre-crash score. That way Jol gets the win he deserved and you both get to keep the SPPs earned in game, bar ‘Hands getting a few extra from random TDs and nicking Jol’s MVP.

Ah, of course. Sighanide.

Prester old chap. Just checking if you can do 930 ish tonight (Sunday)? look for on steam around thenif you're keen.

No HughTower tonight? Tommorow (weds) maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Prester John View Post
    No HughTower tonight? Tommorow (weds) maybe?
    Bowlocks. Forgot to reschedule you/this. Apologies.

Thursday evening, it'll have to be. OK with you, PJ?

Quote Originally Posted by HughTower View Post
    Bowlocks. Forgot to reschedule you/this. Apologies.

Thursday evening, it'll have to be. OK with you, PJ?
    No problem - Thursday is good, any particular time? I'm free from 7pm.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    My high elves absolutely nuffled Janek's undead yesterday, 4-1.

It was full of hideous elfball and generally undeserved, but i'll bloody take it.

I think the highlight was my rookie no skills catcher making seven consecutive 3+ rolls to score the opening (and killer) TD with no rerolls remaining.

It does however, mean my already bloated team are up to a TV of 2150, consisting of only 11 players. At least I can't be accused of min/maxing my way to midtable 'glory'.

And the last game of this round is done.

I didn't roll it on just in case I'd missed a d/c game or summat...

I've rolled it on. Next round is due on Saturday next week.

Drawlien: Can you do an early Saturday game tomorrow? At 9am say?

Hi Jolima - I'm away this weekend at a Stag Party. I could probably Sunday evening but would prefer not to! Otherwise, one evening next week (excluding monday) 7.30-8.30pm start would be good.