Page 112 of 300 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,240 of 5997
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    Storm Boyz (Pres Weasel) 2 - 1 Red Rose of Love (Prester John)

Picture the scene.
    Elf passes to elf, who is marked by a black orc.
    Black orc (ag2) plucks the ball right out of the air.
    Prester John uses his wizard.
    Black orc shrugs off a lightning bolt like it ain't no thing.
    Elf attempts single dice block on black orc.
    Elf rolls skull.
    Black orc puts elf in hospital.

That was meant to be Prester's equalising touchdown. I ended up going 2-0 up instead. He scored a ridiculous elfy touchdown in the last couple of turns to take it to 2-1, and then it was the end of the game.

Azlop spent the whole game jumping on elves and achieved bugger all. A couple of stuns, no injuries, not even a KO. It was shameful. Bad Azlop, bad.
    On the other hand, if I remember right he scored a touchdown.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 12-06-2012 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Storm Boyz (Pres Weasel) 2 - 0 Red Rose of Love (Prester John)

Picture the scene.
    Elf passes to elf, who is marked by a black orc.
    Black orc (ag2) plucks the ball right out of the air.
    Prester John uses his wizard.
    Black orc shrugs off a lightning bolt like it ain't no thing.
    Elf attempts single dice block on black orc.
    Elf rolls skull.
    Black orc puts elf in hospital.

That was meant to be Prester's equalising touchdown. I ended up going 2-0 up instead. He scored a ridiculous elfy touchdown in the last couple of turns to take it to 2-1, and then it was the end of the game.

Azlop spent the whole game jumping on elves and achieved bugger all. A couple of stuns, no injuries, not even a KO. It was shameful. Bad Azlop, bad.
    On the other hand, if I remember right he scored a touchdown.
    2-1 sir 2-1

Azlop loves Woodies. fact.

Fixed. I did get the right score in the text at least.

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    Storm Boyz (Pres Weasel) 2 - 1 Red Rose of Love (Prester John) Black orc (ag2) plucks the ball right out of the air.
    Nicely done, but I think that ag doesn't influence the chance for intercepting a ball.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Nicely done, but I think that ag doesn't influence the chance for intercepting a ball.
    You do get -2 for attempting an interception, and he would have had another -1 for having the elf he was marking in base contact, but agility does make a difference. He'd have had to have had really high agility and/or special skills or mutations in that situation to have a 5 or 6 chance, but I'm still more impressed that an Ag2 player managed it.
    Last edited by President Weasel; 13-06-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Yes it does, intercept is an AG roll with -2 modifier, so AG2 need a 6 to intercept, so do AG3 and AG4 can intercept on a 5+

edit: Well, damn.

Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Yes it does, intercept is an AG roll with -2 modifier, so AG2 need a 6 to intercept, so do AG3 and AG4 can intercept on a 5+

edit: Well, damn.
    Huh, so that is something learned. I thought I had heard differing explanations on a podcast a while ago. So I must have gotten something wrong. Intercepts happen so rarely that I guess I didn't ever care to take a second look at the rules. Sorry about that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That's interesting - is there a skill to get a reroll on intercepts - catch maybe? I presume you can't use team rerolls in your opponent's turn, but what about pro?

An agility 4 with catch would then have a 55% chance of intercepting, and with pass block you could shut down a passing game quite effectively I would have thought.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Catch works, Extra arms gives +1 and I think Very long legs also gives +1 to intercept in addition to canceling safe throw, so let's say Beastman with very long legs, extra arms and AG 5 would intercept on a 2+ unless I'm mistaken. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Catch works, Extra arms gives +1 and I think Very long legs also gives +1 to intercept in addition to canceling safe throw, so let's say Beastman with very long legs, extra arms and AG 5 would intercept on a 2+ unless I'm mistaken. :-)
    If you only want to make your enemy fail the throw or catch, "Disturbing Presence" is your friend (also works when lying down). Doesn't add anything to the intercept roll, but shuts down passing play nicely, especially with multiple "presences" overlapping. Nurgle can cover the whole width of the pitch this way with 5 players (3x5 fields).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    If you ever get an AG 5 player with Catch, give them Pass Block. You'll see it a lot more often then. :)

Alternatively, play against me with goblins. I've never seen so many interceptions as when I throw a bomb. :(

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    If you only want to make your enemy fail the throw or catch, "Disturbing Presence" is your friend (also works when lying down). Doesn't add anything to the intercept roll, but shuts down passing play nicely, especially with multiple "presences" overlapping. Nurgle can cover the whole width of the pitch this way with 5 players (3x5 fields).
    All disturbing presence does is make it especially infuriating when the opponent forgets about it then rolls a bunch of sixes anyway _

Quote Originally Posted by Janek View Post
    All disturbing presence does is make it especially infuriating when the opponent forgets about it then rolls a bunch of sixes anyway _
    I loathe Disturbing Presence. Combine that with the flypaper that is the Beast and I really struggle against Nurgle. Playing against Laneford's bacteria is the bane of my meagre existence.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Disturbing Presence is probably my least favourite skill too. Cyanide's utter lie of a graphical aura around DP players doesn't exactly help either.

Quote Originally Posted by Screwie View Post
    Disturbing Presence is probably my least favourite skill too. Cyanide's utter lie of a graphical aura around DP players doesn't exactly help either.
    Yeah, that graphic is all kinds of bullshit. The real aura's an entire square bigger.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Jol; continent one is out the way but continent two will run into the weekend. I have a small window of opportunity to replay the game at say 16:00 BST on Saturday, assuming no significant issues on the journey home.

If you need to start earlier it may be possible, but we will be vulnerable to bog standard flight delays and traffic issues. Touch wood 16:00 should only be at risk of cancellation or mechanical failure.

Hey Chainsawhands, so we're settled for Saturday late morning right? How about 10am Uk time, 11am Copenhagen time?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ChainsawHands's Avatar
    Yeah, should be OK.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HughTower View Post
    Hmm, I'm sure I checked the thread for your response and didn't see one. That would have been perfect.

Oh well, can you do tonight? I'm a bit screwed if the answer's no btw...
    Balls. I hung around on steam for ages too.

Real life has got ludicrously busy quickly alas, the next time I can realistically play is maybe Saturday afternoon, and definitely anytime Sunday.

Not sure if that is before the deadline or not...

Quote Originally Posted by Zoraster View Post
    Jol; continent one is out the way but continent two will run into the weekend. I have a small window of opportunity to replay the game at say 16:00 BST on Saturday, assuming no significant issues on the journey home.

If you need to start earlier it may be possible, but we will be vulnerable to bog standard flight delays and traffic issues. Touch wood 16:00 should only be at risk of cancellation or mechanical failure.
    16:00 should be fine, as should pretty much any time after it. See you then.

Edit: Laneford, the deadline is Saturday. Hopefully you can make it for that afternoon.